What irked you today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A freind of mine promised to take me to her friend who does acrylic nails to let me see how she does them and have a little play.

I have to chase her up to ask what time we going, she says "oh my friend has got to work at the shop today so we'll have to do it another day"

fine I said.

Then I get a facebook status update with her saying "me and kds and my friend have had a wonderful girlie day out shopping!!!"

I'm well pissed off, perhaps ive got the wrong end of the stick, maybe, but it seams like she didn't want to do the nail thing with me and her mate at all, and just lied to get out of it!

People are only ever interested in what YOU can do for them, but the other way round, they are no where to be seen.

this is why I don't really have best friends or proper friends, they always let you down...........time and time again.

Rude replies to threads, that is what has irked me..don't want to turn this into a nasty thread but take note

That is all lol

Lool just read the thread PMSL!! :lol:

What really really irked me today is finally growing all my nails up to beautiful length an they all looked neat an tidy, for my little nail go an break really low down so it's really painful :( an do you wana know what the really ironic thing is... I broke it trying to open the box the new shellac colours came in!

Before an after... :(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364998104.090163.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364998104.090163.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 140
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364998117.607066.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364998117.607066.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 151
The fact that I went to pick up supplies and still forgot some supplies

Lazy spelling and text speak AGAIN!

I'm not getting into a bust up about whether someone might be dyslexic, I'm talking about people too lazy to spell the words "you are" and my favourite "irk" was I "fort" which took me 2 minutes to work out they meant thought.

I know it's easy to use text speak on here but we are supposed to be professionals not 12 year old girls!

I'm not getting into a bust up about whether someone might be dyslexic, I'm talking about people too lazy to spell the words "you are" and my favourite "irk" was I "fort" which took me 2 minutes to work out they meant thought.

I know it's easy to use text speak on here but we are supposed to be professionals not 12 year old girls!

Lol. Think I know what you mean. Annoys me too xoxo

I'm with this, I fall into it occasionally with 'tbh', then realise and re do it lol. Spelling is not my strong point, but I try lol. But I hate people who talk slang in their writing... Nuffink, somefink, Dow (instead of don't), that kind of thing, I delete people off my facebook for it, if I could delete people on here I would too haha. Mini bug bare! Lol.

I'm still trying to work out "irk" maybe I'm too old ;-) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

i think it was as in 'whats irked you today' , lol i hope it was or boy do i look like a numpty!:lol: xxx

It's a funny expression I must say :D

Haha, well I didn't have a clue :) xx

Nor me. Saying that I've never heard irked before this too. Where I'm from we would say "what p***ed you off today?" Lol xoxo

Nor me. Saying that I've never heard irked before this too. Where I'm from we would say "what p***ed you off today?" Lol xoxo

Haha yep me too x

Well that's my new thing I have learnt today! :) x

Well that's my new thing I have learnt today! :) x

I think this is the time for a thread with "word of the day" where a new word is given daily and you have to try to use it that day. Xoxo

I think this is the time for a thread with "word of the day" where a new word is given daily and you have to try to use it that day. Xoxo

Good idea, hopefully I'll be irked tomorrow so I can use it.
;-) xx

I get irked with all the swearing i hear in the salon from the people that come in for the hairdresser & around town !!

This is going to make me sound really old .... but the newer generation's comprehension of the English language is really lazy, i cant stand it when half of words featured in a sentence are swearing.

& i'm no way saying that you're lazy Tomme, i just think there's far nicer words that can be used.

I get irked with all the swearing i hear in the salon from the people that come in for the hairdresser & around town !!

This is going to make me sound really old .... but the newer generation's comprehension of the English language is really lazy, i cant stand it when half of words featured in a sentence are swearing.

& i'm no way saying that you're lazy Tomme, i just think there's far nicer words that can be used.

Yes swearing really p!**es me off too!!

Hehe sorry. Couldn't avoid it! Lol.

Swearing only bothers me in the wrong place and wrong time! I don't think it's appropriate in the salon at all, whether it be the client, the therapist or the hairdresser, it's not necessary! Now at home and amongst friends, it doesn't bother me xxx

Latest posts

Back