What is a healthy weight and how do you maintain it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried slimming world a few years ago when I was living at home to support my mum who was doing the classes. We all ate the same food so she found it a lot easier than doing it by herself. The nice thing about slimming world is that it is healthy, you don't starve yourself or completely cut anything out & it promotes eating lots of fruit & veg. I found that I had bags of energy & felt great because I swapped processed food for fresh. My mum & dad both lost quite a lot of weight on the diet.

I think the main thing is to find an eating plan that you enjoy. If you starve yourself or limit yourself too much you'll soon get bored & cheat. I generally don't diet because I'm a healthy weight for my height, I'm well within my recommended BMI, but I watch what I eat. I don't ban anything from my diet so I eat what I want but limit the amount or go for a low-fat option, eg reduced fat mayo because I love mayo! I also often swap chips for a few boiled potatoes & extra veg and avoid eating heavy meals late in the evening. Small alterations to your eating pattern can soon add up to make a big difference. I find that reducing the amount of processed foods boosts energy too so you feel less like slobbing in front of the tv & might decide to go for a walk or something instead. (she says while sitting in front of the tv!)

Good luck to those of you trying to lose weight, got my fingers crossed for you!

We should all be able to eat everything ... it is the AMOUNT that is crucial.

The key for me is to remember ... Calories IN must equal Calories used.
If you are sitting all day long then you are not expending many calories. If you are having a sedintary day then don't eat much and keep off the carbs.

If you are excercising or know you are going to use up calories, then have some carbs and enjoy it.

Carbohydrates plus inactivity = weight gain. Believe me I know.

well well well - i done that davina power of 3 workout on sunday (well actually i only done 15 mins of it) having problems walking since doing it, christ my legs hurt.

Latest posts

Back