What is it about feet ....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont mind giving pedicures, I cant say I really love pedicures myself, I am ok if they have a firm grip its when they are a bit gentle and wishy washy with their handling I then feel it tickles and shoot off to the other side of the room. I love giving foot and leg massages though :) it's mamazing how many people say to me that other peds they have had dont include this, but then we're all different.

I don't mind doing feet I guess, when I did my friend's feet it was really good coz they were so pleased with the outcome and then I remember I took my sister in law in college once for my pedicure assessment! OMG she had huge feet and it took me ages and she had all the dead skin at the bottom of her feet and her feet really stinks! :irked: I was not impressed at all!!! :irked:

I would love a pedicure done but too worried about going into a salon getting it done, coz I suffer from excema on my feet! But I really want gel put on my toes for the summer coz they look fab!!! But at the moment I can't have it done as I have an ingrowing toe nail and I think that is a contra-indication!

I think that getting over the 'yuck' factor for many of us was the turning point for doing pedicures.

My clients get out of their shoes and into a foot bath so there is no smell and I know when I touch them they will be clean.

Feet are in fact usually cleaner than hands and that is a fact.

Feet are not my favorite service and it is sometimes difficult to explain to a client that we do pedicures and not chiropody (which is more what they need).

Thank goodness most of the feet I see are on people who care about the appearance of their feet so they are usually quite nice and not yucky at all.

geeg said:
...Feet are not my favorite service and it is sometimes difficult to explain to a client that we do pedicures and not chiropody (which is more what they need).

i learned very quickly to use this line after my very first pedi... the woman had claws for toes!!! euughghghghgh. it was a charity thing so i thought i'd skip a stage and she only goes "aren't you going to trim my cuticles?"

NO LUV!!! I AINT!!!!

I have the 'yuk' factor with feet - plus as a mobile tech I can't face carrying all that stuff, then the water would be hassle......

I really want a pedi with Brisa toes but I have what remains of a verucca (Chiropodist says verucca is gone but there is thickened skin where it was) so not sure whether anyone will do my toes for me......:confused:

Anyway, I guess I view feet as a bit manky - the thought of someone taking of their boots and not knowing what's coming out is the worrying part!!!

what i dont understand is how clients dare come to you with smelly feet...YUK! I'm sure most of us would NEVER dream of it...while abroad I was wearing sandles and my feet were a little sandy...I went to the local chemist to buy some foot wipes to use outside the salon before i would go in...made my husband laugh...but there again i also made sure they were beautifully pedicured the night before too :lol: Good thing was there was lots of extra time for the best bit...massage :Love:

I used to hate feet....when I was in school I had this lady come in who had hairy legs and cracked heels with super- duper long nails........so I soaked her and after 10 min her feet still wreaked!:eek: so I though ( I've changed diapers...you can do this) ...so I went about the pedicure ...and lo-and-behold when I pushed back her cuticle this green stuff came out!:eek: I dropped her foot like a hot potato and quickly lost my lunch......the instructor did something with her ...who knows I never saw her again....I did not do feet for years....

then one day I had a lady come in with nice feet and she asked for a ped...I needed money so ok.....so from then on I said I'm a nail tech it would be unwise of me to turn this area down ....so I do feet ...BUT! I have a sign that now hangs behind my desk that reads....."prices subject to change according to condition of feet" that hangs right beside my price list for pedicures that I charge an arm and a leg for now....If I have to deal with feet I'm getting paid the good bucks for it!

I have only just started doing feet.....my excuse was that it was for the sake of the business....very bizarre, but I quite enjoy it now. As has already been said you can make a great transformation and clients love it. Even though I was trained at college to do them I had always shied away from them because of my foot yuk factor!

I have only ever had 2 pedi's in my life....apart from the ones I do on myself, the first was OK, but the second was done by Jo when I was in Spain and it was absolutely fantastic. I am so glad that I had that experience, because now I try and base my pedi's on that experience and want to give my clients the same experience I received there.

Gel toes are well in too, and a great earner, so anyone with a foot 'eeek'....bite the bullet and go for it...it's not so bad when you get into it!

Like Cathe i havent been doing feet that long and too be honest with you i only started doing it for money. I was loosing about of money and had to get my head round touching feet. I hate it, i have to think of toes as someones hands...! i have to hold the toes has i would a finger...lol But it works and im making money on brisa toes so its a good thing.

My headmaster turned my off feet when i was 10, hair all over his feet :irked:

I may be a bit wierd, but I kinda like feet...I find doing a pedicure very relaxing, so no problem for me at all.:green:

I like doing feet too, the transformation from seeing some yucky feet that actually look better is really great. I haven't had any really bad looking feet just yet, so have been lucky in that regard.

Do any of you charge more if you use a callous remover/eliminator? If so, how what kind do you use and how much do you charge?

thanks,
aj

I think the transformation of feet during a thorough pedicure is fantastic, that, coupled with clients comments of likening their feet to "walking on air" is justification enough for me to pedicure!
Personally, I have never had any aversion to feet from the very 1st time we covered pedicure at college 9 years ago. Its always been one of my favourite treatments to carry out AND receive!
Can anyone fit me in at some point!????.......lol......:)

i dont like feet at all...but i will do them if i have to ...
and i would never tell a client or potential client i dont like feet,
i am not sure why i have always hated my own feet too ,coz people have said i have wierd toes !!!
luckily so far i have only been asked to do a few pedis ,so ill get back to you one day in the future when i ve had lots of pedis and more experience on the subject
but the ones i have done ,i do feel really happy afterwards when the client is really happy

I don't mind doing feet. But when I was in school we didn't get the best customers if you know what I mean. So I didn't love to do them then. But now I know the people I'm doing and I have no problems at all.

I love feet they can tell you so much about a person. As a Reflexologist in my previous life I learnt to read feet. Most people love having their feet done although some just hate it. I have only had one really bad case of smelly feet but this person really benefitted from the treatment which made me feel proud and I just made sure that I cleansed my hands and equipment thoroughly afterwards. I could go on forever about feet but I won`t.:lol:

Latest posts

Back