What is Syster UV gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumdeebum

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently using gelish but was on eBay recently and I've seen syster uv gel polish very very cheap, it's in the same white bottle as gelish even has the little window in the front of the bottle like gelish!!
Has anyone used it??

Noooooo! Stick with the repeatable companies and products! These products could well be fake! Loads of threads on this, search, bluesky and you will see! Stick with the Gelish or another good brand Hun! Xxx

Shyster gel. Lol Geeg!

Hey guys, I'm currently using gelish but was on eBay recently and I've seen syster uv gel polish very very cheap, it's in the same white bottle as gelish even has the little window in the front of the bottle like gelish!!
Has anyone used it??

Hi, yes I have used it, and although I would very rarely recommend buying any pro salon products from EBay this product is fantastic for the money. I really do think we should try and not judge a product by its bottle, ladies.... rather un professional in my opinion.

Hi, yes I have used it, and although I would very rarely recommend buying any pro salon products from EBay this product is fantastic for the money. I really do think we should try and not judge a product by its bottle, ladies.... rather un professional in my opinion.

I think how a product is judged is personal and has nothing at all to do with being professional! JMO. And the product we are talking about is not a professional product but sold to consumers who are not professionals.

I personally wouldnt buy products from ebay, you dnt know how theyve been manufactured, if theyve been thoroughly tested, and what ingredients they contain, reputable companies spend thounsands on perfecting their product. I think if you are offering a professional service to paying clients you should be using professional products, not something that they could purchase themselves from ebay. When i go to a salon its not only to recieve a professional service its because they use good quality products aswell, this is just my opinion though x

Has anyone used it??

That window design on Gelish has been patented by Hand and Nail Harmony. No serious company who respects patents and trademarks would risk copying that as they will end up in court.

What is so poor about your service that you need to use cheap products? Does you hair stylist or beautician use cheap products they buy from an unknown source on eBay? If they did wouldn't you feel betrayed and ripped off?

Does it not occur to you that if the seller can't afford a professional non-eBay website, they are probably working out of their garage?

I noticed that the seller is located in Hong Kong and selling Chinese products. Do you understand that as the importer you are legally responsible for it's safety and that it meets the EU Cosmetics laws? Also, unless the company has an office in Europe - which I sincerely doubt that according to EU law you have to have someone qualified and employed as a chemist who will be responsible for the Safety and Risk Assessment of the products because you become the prime importer. If someone is injured by this product, you can be sued.

If you don't act like a professional - don't call yourself one because you are not.

The problem with this industry is that there are far too many unprofessional idiots buying cheap and asking these stupid questions, instead of focusing on developing their skills and actually acting like a professional.

Last edited:
That window design on Gelish has been patented by Hand and Nail Harmony. No serious company who respects patents and trademarks would risk copying that as they will end up in court.

What is so poor about your service that you need to use cheap products? Does you hair stylist or beautician use cheap products they buy from an unknown source on eBay? If they did wouldn't you feel betrayed and ripped off?

Does it not occur to you that if the seller can't afford a professional non-eBay website, they are probably working out of their garage?

If you don't act like a professional - don't call yourself one because you are not.

The problem with this industry is that there are far too many unprofessional idiots buying cheap and asking these stupid questions, instead of focusing on developing their skills and actually acting like a professional.

OMG Bob ... That answer was worthy of me :biggrin: can I please put my name on it too? Shame on the parent company who is private labelling these products to everyone and shame on those gmaking it for them who are doing the same.

Hi there
I have Syster polish, i am not a professional yet and I'm just practicing uv gel nails at home. I get my cnd shellac polishes in the mail very soon (yay!) and am starting my nail technician course in 6 weeks at the Australian Nail Academy.
(I'm so excited!)
Yes the Syster uv polish is actually ok, i applied it to mums nails 2 weeks ago and it is still perfect and intact.
I think coz it's a knock off of Gelish I wouldn't wanna look like a Shyster (haha) by using it in a professional setting.
Using it at home is perfect if you're practicing like me ;)
It has good staying power ;)

Hi there
I have Syster polish, i am not a professional yet and I'm just practicing uv gel nails at home. I get my cnd shellac polishes in the mail very soon (yay!) and am starting my nail technician course in 6 weeks at the Australian Nail Academy.
(I'm so excited!)
Yes the Syster uv polish is actually ok, i applied it to mums nails 2 weeks ago and it is still perfect and intact.
I think coz it's a knock off of Gelish I wouldn't wanna look like a Shyster (haha) by using it in a professional setting.

It's not ok if you do not know what is in the bottle,do you know what it contains? Why do you think it has good "staying" power?

How do you know it's not harmful? Never purchase off eBay let alone from hong kong. You are only asking for trouble if you do.

How did you get shellac if you are not a pro? If it's from eBay I suggest you send it back and get a refund when it arrives.

Start as you mean to go on. Do your course and use pro products. You will be amazed by the difference and you know they wont be harmful to you and your clients.

Hi there
(I'm so excited!)

Did you actually read any of the above posts? I think you should particularly the ones by Bobsweden and Geeg.

Maybe when you start your course you will finally realise the importance of good quality, professional products, and listen to the wisdom that is imparted from experienced and knowledgable geeks like these.

Latest posts

Back