What is the ULTIMATE HOLD hairspray for up-do's?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Hallo!

I am doing wedding hair styles and need to buy a small hair product range for use on my clients (not retail).

I am going to base it around the hairspray, that being the most important styling product when doing wedding hair, so i would love some recommendation on whats the best in peoples experience. I also need a good shine spray, not greasy, fine mist, not bothered if this is from a totally dfferent range.

Im not bothered whether its professional or non-professional range, as long as it does an excellent job.

Any advice hair geeks?

xx:)

I cant give you much help hun, but when I got married my hairdresser used Wella Crystal (I think its called that) smelled great was a fine mist and kept my very fine, up do hating hair up all day and even when I took the pins out of the night lol. :green:
Ok so the marriage didnt last... but the hairspray was great.
:hug:
Hope that helps a little?

Oh god!bless ya :lol: Thanks hun. x

Hi, I think the best up do hairspray I have ever used is Wella Shock Waves it's in a red can with a square blue label one Ultra strong power hold hairspray , its great for a light fine misting of the root areas on shorter styles too...
it's seriously long lasting Hold , it comes out like a really fine mist
and you only ever need a very light misting from around 10 to 12 inches away as its so strong ....
plus it is a nice dry spray which is great as you don't need to wait around for it to dry ,

Most major supermarkets sell it, Salon professional outlets sell it too but its not quite as strong :hug: x minky

Hi, I think the best up do hairspray I have ever used is Wella Shock Waves it's in a red can with a square blue label one Ultra strong power hold hairspray , its great for a light fine misting of the root areas on shorter styles too...
it's seriously long lasting Hold , it comes out like a really fine mist
and you only ever need a very light misting from around 10 to 12 inches away as its so strong ....
plus it is a nice dry spray which is great as you don't need to wait around for it to dry ,

Most major supermarkets sell it, Salon professional outlets sell it too but its not quite as strong :hug: x minky

It also smells gorgeous too, I used it all the time back in the day 'sigh' lol:lol:

tigi hard head, it is buildable hold. . . good for finishing and spot sprayin. . . also tigi masterpiece is a great hairspray for finishing, it has shine in it to mist lal over to set and gloss. . .my fave shine spray is tigi head rush, it is AMAZING and light yet super highgloss and smells beautiful xx

I really like the goldwell diamond gloss shine spray its a really fine spray but gives a really good shine to the hair and it smells lovely to and they also do a great hair lacquer which gives maxium hold I cant think of the name its something like goldwell wild , but they may sell some of it in sallys but not sure, we have a rep come in so get the products through him.

I really like the goldwell diamond gloss shine spray its a really fine spray but gives a really good shine to the hair and it smells lovely to and they also do a great hair lacquer which gives maxium hold I cant think of the name its something like goldwell wild , but they may sell some of it in sallys but not sure, we have a rep come in so get the products through him.

Love goldwell :) it is another excellent make and hairspray , also nice and dry too , the shine one sounds nice :hug:

Ill look into Goldwell is it a pro make?

Love to use TIGi but my biggest competitor (on my doorstep) uses it! so i wont :-(

Thanks xx

I'm not an hairdresser, but the one i used to work in used Helen Seward, and it was great. She did several up-do's on me and they lasted perfectly!

tigi hard head, it is buildable hold. . . good for finishing and spot sprayin. . . also tigi masterpiece is a great hairspray for finishing, it has shine in it to mist lal over to set and gloss. . .my fave shine spray is tigi head rush, it is AMAZING and light yet super highgloss and smells beautiful xx
Very good stuff! but i also find the label m hairspray and shine mist are very light but have good performance the hairspray is not heavy or dries hard and tacky but gives a very good hold and the shine mist isnt a very heavy product which is good as alot of shine products may make the hairfeel greasy also label hair polish which comes in a stick form it is a very dry serum it not sticky or runny atall the hair polish is definately the best hair serum i have found over the years x

FUDGE MEMBRAIN GAS ALL THE WAY !!!!

the most extreme hairspray you will ever find amazing stuff !!

xx

hi, if u have a Astons close to u tigi is great. u can now buy individual products. HARDHEAD HAIRSPRAY is great for hold also MAXED OUT is a non areasol hairspray and is great 4 the last couple sprays once uve finished. shine spray HEADRUSH very fine mist, OR SHINNY HAPPY PEOPLE, as its very light. good luck x

Session from the Osis range by Schwartzkopf is fab. I used this all the time when doing session work and shows and I still keep a stock of now. Its a VERY firm hold, great for all types of updos. It's very natural looking and brushes straight out should you make a mistake or when the clients takes her hair out.

Shame you don't want to use the Tigi because the shine spray is great. Can I ask why you would not use it just because of a competitor? It is a professional product after all. :)

Redken quick dry for all my hair ups and bridal. Never wets the hair. Perfect hold

I love Tigi Masterpiece - it's shiny, smells good, and holds brilliantly!

Latest posts

Back