What is your salon Facebook?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg sooo many, am making my way through lol

Heres mine, it's new so a Bit empty!

Embellir | Facebook

Would appreciate all likes!

Kim xx

Hey, if you go into your settings, then top left i think it's edit profile maybe?? when you scroll right down to the bottom, there are 3/4 spaces to put in the url for you facebook, twitter, and a few other things, once you have done this, the icon apears under your avatear x

p.s I do remember that the first few attempts didn't work for me for some reson, or maybe it was that a bit time was needed for the link up to happen maybe? x

Thanks for that, I thought I was doing something wrong... that's exactly what I did, but still no little icon.. wonder where it is?

Strange that it shows up on my profile though.

Hi,
I'm seeing "Like" thumbs in my sleep!LOL!
I've liked so many I've been "Disabled" from posting on others walls- x
However Please "like" my page- if you have my personal page please look for The Beauty Drawer to like, and I'll carry on once they "release" me!
feel like a rebel now LOL!!!x

Can I ask...what is the point in us all liking each others business pages if we are all in the same business, and miles away from each other?
Surely the whole point is to attract new business to our salons and that means getting people in your own locale to find your page and like it, then invite their friends etc....

Or am I missing something?

I have to say I thought this to and why I have been pondering to see whether to start liking everyone. I'm still a little confused though (doesn't take much these days). Do you like all these business fb profiles from your personal account (I keep mine seperate from work) or your business page. I understand about getting your name out there and the more likes you get could benefit. I'm just not sure finding 200 likes on a business page if it's all other beauty, hair or nail industry related pages is relevant. I would potentially be put off as would wonder why so many other business' like your page rather than individuals. If you understand me? And I'm not saying it's wrong by any means.

If it's from your personal page I can understand.

I also don't understand why some business pages do not allow you to see their wall. I've had other nail and beauty technicians join my page but when I go to their wall it's hidden? To me if your a business, why not have an open page.

I have had about 250 salons download/read my guides to Facebook

Feel free to grab a copy and work your way through them.

You can also ask questions on my Facebook Page

And here are few pages I helped with
Some are big salons others are smaller. If you "like" their pages it will give you a great insight into how the best pages post news, gossip, salon stories and promote

Hiya everyone... please "like" my facebook page... I've just created it this afternoon... had a "group" set up ages ago and am hoping that customers who used that page will become "fans" of this one...

please help as it's looking like abit of a lame duck at the moment haha

thanks people :D

Elite(creative and artistic hair design) | Facebook :Look_left

I dont know why the link is for sweet squared but does seem to take you to our page

We are Michelle Pure secret garden in Lymington incase it doesn't work!

Sorry - that's a Profile not a Page

Profiles for People
Pages for business

If you break that golden rule Facebook can and will delete your profile

Hey, if you go into your settings, then top left i think it's edit profile maybe?? when you scroll right down to the bottom, there are 3/4 spaces to put in the url for you facebook, twitter, and a few other things, once you have done this, the icon apears under your avatear x

p.s I do remember that the first few attempts didn't work for me for some reson, or maybe it was that a bit time was needed for the link up to happen maybe? x

Oooh I tried it again for the 4th or 5th time and it worked!!

I've got my little Facebook icon now... yippee!

Thanks for that! :hug:

You need a minimum of "likes" to get a username so there is a point to us Geeks "liking" each other.

Also I've made and had some great feedback from pictures on my page- something you don't often get from clients or on this site unless your pics are viewed.

Seeing other Geeks FB pages also gives you ideas that you can use - especially when you're not in competiton as we're a way away from each other.

It's all good and BTW please will you "like" mine and i'll return the favour too!

The Beauty Drawer | Facebook

Thanks x

You like pages from your personal profile, not sure how it works if you dont have a personal profile, but as stated by salon guru if you use a personal profile as a business FB will shut it down. I think the more likes you have will make potential clients think you must be pretty good at what you do, to have lots of likes (I think! lol) hth
Sarah xx

I have to say I thought this to and why I have been pondering to see whether to start liking everyone. I'm still a little confused though (doesn't take much these days). Do you like all these business fb profiles from your personal account (I keep mine seperate from work) or your business page. I understand about getting your name out there and the more likes you get could benefit. I'm just not sure finding 200 likes on a business page if it's all other beauty, hair or nail industry related pages is relevant. I would potentially be put off as would wonder why so many other business' like your page rather than individuals. If you understand me? And I'm not saying it's wrong by any means.

If it's from your personal page I can understand.

I also don't understand why some business pages do not allow you to see their wall. I've had other nail and beauty technicians join my page but when I go to their wall it's hidden? To me if your a business, why not have an open page.

I have seen that quite alot of you have welcome/landing tabs on your facebook page. Could you let me know the best way to add these.

Thank you

Welcome to Facebook

Hi. Hope this is just a quickie.

I noticed that if you click the FB icon in my SG profile it takes you to my Personal page - NOT my Business page - The Little Skin Studio. As no-one needs to know, or wants to know, about my dysfunctional friends and family, how can I change that? If it's in your book, tell me to go read it! Sounds like a resource I could well need. Thanks.

Hi All

Just spent nearly 2 hrs pressing "like" on all the page links i could, excellent pages and salons. If i haven't managed to add you please let me know.

and if possible please "like" mine

Welcome to Facebook

keep it up everyone

x

Got up to about page five then started to lose the will to live or 'like' I will come back to it later I promise.

Here's mine if you make it this far
All About You | Facebook

Out of interest a while ago I had a friend request from someone I did a guest blog for (it was my personal profile) I accepted and liked her page. Later on I found out she was a mobile in the same area I have my salon, not a problem for me and I never hid who or where I was from.

I live quite a way from the salon so she may not have make the connection but when I updated my personal profile I got unfriended and removed from her page and I was quite offended, so to everyone happily liking all these wonderful pages it might be worth thinking about before clicking that like button.

Personally I have a good relationship with any competition locally to me who are equally minded, even helping each other out, it's a shame some people feel threatened.

I have jet lag and shouldn't be spending all this time on her so off to bed for me...

Perhaps I'm just old fashioned lol. My personal page is for people I personally know and family. I'm not one for having 100's of people on my personal page I do not know.

I am also picky about who is on my business page. If someone has joined and their wall is open, I will have a quick nosey. If I find bad language or bitchiness going on I do block I'm afraid. This is my business page, which I want to remain professional. I really do not want "f" this and, so and so is a b*&^h. I also block business that keep their own business page private. I can't see the point, I will often put welcome to our page can I asked why you joined and if they don't reply they get blocked. If it was someone from SG, then hopefully they would say who they were and I wouldn't have any problems.

I got a notification from one of my friends on my personal Facebook page asking to like his business.

Can anyone tell me how you do this, so I can get all my friends to like my own business page?

Thanks Geeks :)

Latest posts

Back