What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shellac with swarovski ring finger (not oiled cuticles before pic)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358428648.916217.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358428648.916217.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 455
Yesterday I tried to practise my french technique, major fail! It was ok, but I just couldn't get my smile line smooth and perfect. I tried correcting, but as I'd used a base colour it messed that up. Removed the lot and put on a nice simple colour. I just wanted something nice and easy that will come off in a jiffy, as I'm going out tomorrow (providing it doesn't snow!) and already have my mani planned. I also did some cuticle work yesterday using my pusher. I used it once before and it was too sharp and rough. This time I was very very careful and watched my angles. Much better and as far as I could see, no damage to the nail plate :) I painted in pretty poor lighting, in daylight I can see my ring finger especially could do with an extra coat, plus I could have gone a bit closer.
Kiko397.jpg

Think I'm gonna stamp over this in a mo.
Another disclaimer for that fat & flat acrylic pinky - not my work.

Shellac with swarovski ring finger (not oiled cuticles before pic)

Did you just set the crystals into top coat and cure? They still shine and have their facets, which is usually obscured by top coat, so wondered how you did them.

Did you just set the crystals into top coat and cure? They still shine and have their facets, which is usually obscured by top coat, so wondered how you did them.

I set the crystals into colour coat then topcoat , I think it takes some of the sparkle away :( they do look quite sparkly in pic though!?

hey just thought i would show you a few pics of my nails, i started off doing lashes, but love nails so im trying to build up my nail client base. how much do you guys usually charge for nail art???

Attachments

• P1000112 (Copy).JPG
    P1000112 (Copy).JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 403
  • P1000118 (Copy).jpg
    P1000118 (Copy).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 380
I set the crystals into colour coat then topcoat , I think it takes some of the sparkle away :( they do look quite sparkly in pic though!?

Iv found If i just set into topcoat they come off

Hi

I used my Iphone but i took the cover off, sometimes the cover on the iphones dull the picture. Do you have one on the phone?:confused:

Yeah i have one on the phone, but it's not as clear. The camera on my iPhone is rubbish - has no cover on it either, I took that off a while ago because it was annoying me when I was taking pics xxx

Yesterday I tried to practise my french technique, major fail! It was ok, but I just couldn't get my smile line smooth and perfect. I tried correcting, but as I'd used a base colour it messed that up. Removed the lot and put on a nice simple colour. I just wanted something nice and easy that will come off in a jiffy, as I'm going out tomorrow (providing it doesn't snow!) and already have my mani planned. I also did some cuticle work yesterday using my pusher. I used it once before and it was too sharp and rough. This time I was very very careful and watched my angles. Much better and as far as I could see, no damage to the nail plate :) I painted in pretty poor lighting, in daylight I can see my ring finger especially could do with an extra coat, plus I could have gone a bit closer.
Kiko397.jpg

Think I'm gonna stamp over this in a mo.
Another disclaimer for that fat & flat acrylic pinky - not my work.

Such a neat line round the cuticle! I'd pay good money for that polish work! X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I've successfully used adhesive before and I know you can use a teeny bead of L+P to cement them. Top coat smooths, so all those lovely cut facets which make them sparkle so nicely lose their clarity and tend to become dull.

Yes they do look lovely and sparkly in the pic! :)

hey just thought i would show you a few pics of my nails, i started off doing lashes, but love nails so im trying to build up my nail client base. how much do you guys usually charge for nail art???

Love that neon coral! Good luck building a client base :) x

Such a neat line round the cuticle! I'd pay good money for that polish work! X

Aw thanks Becca, not even started my training yet! Just practising my standard polish techniques whilst I'm saving. Followed Geeg's precision polishing tutorial :) x

I've successfully used adhesive before and I know you can use a teeny bead of L+P to cement them. Top coat smooths, so all those lovely cut facets which make them sparkle so nicely lose their clarity and tend to become dull.

Yes they do look lovely and sparkly in the pic! :)

What kind of glue did you use? I hate putting topcoat over them :( x

What kind of glue did you use? I hate putting topcoat over them :( x

Agreed, it always looks great until you add topcoat! I'm likely to get shot for this lol, but brush on glue from Nail Magic. I buy it in Savers for about £1. It has never ever dried up on me, is always easy to open (lord knows how, I screw things on so tightly due to ocd, that I can rarely open anything) and it works very well, plus I get a good few seconds of maneuverability time. I've used it on the odd false full nail too, when I've had a break and I'm in a rush, it's lasted until I've soaked it off about 10 days later. I brush the glue on the back of the gems, not the nail plate or polish. I've only done accents, not a full crystal nail.

Apologies for hijacking this!

Leighton Denny polish with Opi shatter, over natural nails. Tried to get a nice pic of my cats face but he wouldn't stay still so got his tail instead!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358440947.732702.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358440947.732702.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 400
Pink rockstar I did for my sister today. Excuse the one little nail that looks like foil - was a bit heavy handed on that one!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358441134.684491.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358441134.684491.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 397
A client request for her Indian holiday ! Thinking it would look great for valentines in pink and white! I may give it a go!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358443462.302058.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358443462.302058.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 371
Added a bit of stamping
stamped-1.jpg

3u4y2ave.jpg
This was my first full set on someone else :) gelish hot rod red.

Latest posts

Back