What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thumb nail at the mo not got round to doing the rest yet. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390772434.248178.jpg

This is what happened View attachment 53848
So the foil stuck to some of the black shadow pattern but also to the base too :-/ xx

This is driving me bloody crazy I can't get it right either I am having the same problem! Was gonna start a thread on it then saw u were having this problem too. I'm using gelish and doing the same as I saw on the you tube vid posted on this page but that was with shellac. It's not sticking to the bit I want it to but sticking patchy all over the nail! What is going wrong? :( dying to get the knack of this cos it looks gorgeous xxx

Is this a konad stamp? If so which one? Love it :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's a cheeky jumbo plate no. 8 - princess charming with Konad pink polish over shellac cake pop :)

Not the best stripes but had a great twitter responce from these nails i did yesterday

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1390773782238.jpg
    1390773782238.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 529
Mine in Shellac for Valentines. Not all my foils stuck very well. Some are better than others x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390774330.412625.jpg

This is driving me bloody crazy I can't get it right either I am having the same problem! Was gonna start a thread on it then saw u were having this problem too. I'm using gelish and doing the same as I saw on the you tube vid posted on this page but that was with shellac. It's not sticking to the bit I want it to but sticking patchy all over the nail! What is going wrong? :( dying to get the knack of this cos it looks gorgeous xxx

Maybe this technique doesn't work with gelish? Try using additives over the colour and then paint your design, cure then foil?

Mine in Shellac for Valentines. Not all my foils stuck very well. Some are better than others x

View attachment 53860
Did u use Blackpool for the design? These are lovely. I found you need a good amount for the design to get good adhesion.

Gelish mix and match - After Party Espresso with gold glitter & studs ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390775065.688873.jpg ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390775075.105555.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390775051.438873.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390775051.438873.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 427

I have the same problems too!! My foils were cheapy ones from fleabay could that be the problem? Xx

Did u use Blackpool for the design? These are lovely. I found you need a good amount for the design to get good adhesion.

No I used Tinted Love as went with my pink theme lol. Seems the darker foils stuck better than the lighter ones which I have found in previous designs too. If I'd remembered I'd have used matching colours under the foils so when it misses a bit it's not so noticeable x

It's a cheeky jumbo plate no. 8 - princess charming with Konad pink polish over shellac cake pop :)

Ahhhh ok thanks looks beaut :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Gelissimo french nails using sweet cheeks and innocent...loving this brand the products are fab

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1390777613759.jpg
    1390777613759.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 513
Ready for valentines x

Attachments

• 1390783807394.jpg
    1390783807394.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 486
My nails ready for my holiday :) shellac desert poppy with orange glitter and gold foil, they remind me of the sunset! :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390813266.506911.jpg

I had a go at the embossing - it was great fun to do, and I look forward to doing more designs.
This is Pink Bikini with red additives to give a very subtle gradient. Ring finger design done with Blackpool and Gold Confetti foil. Little Swarovski crystal embedded in there too but you can't see it too well in this photo x

Attachments

• pink red embossed.jpg
    pink red embossed.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 530

Latest posts

Back