What on earth IS an 'infraction test?'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

connoisseur

Reaction score
I've noticed the thread that's been placed by 'redcardtest' and noticed that Mrs Geek Yellowcarded Lotus Blossom for some reason??:confused: .

I am intrigued, but not enough to join that thread...just in case it's a trick!!! (hence I've started this one) Or am I just too suspicious? :irked:

The Nail Geek did say he's updated certain aspects of the site, is this part of it. I notice there's no information on the 'Redcardtest' geek????

Curiouser and Curiouser

you not the only one thats intrigued

I've noticed the thread that's been placed by 'redcardtest' and noticed that Mrs Geek Yellowcarded Lotus Blossom for some reason??:confused: .

I am intrigued, but not enough to join that thread...just in case it's a trick!!! (hence I've started this one) Or am I just too suspicious? :irked:

The Nail Geek did say he's updated certain aspects of the site, is this part of it. I notice there's no information on the 'Redcardtest' geek????

Curiouser and Curiouser

lol...thats cos we are just nosey geekios :lol:

I'm glad a more experienced geek is also wondering what's what! I thought it might be an established aspect of the geek site that I hadn't yet discovered!

imo
i think its just a test thread on the new changes...could be wrong..
the yellowcard i imagine was a joke.. maybe not..

just my thoughts:hug:

imo
i think its just a test thread on the new changes...could be wrong..
the yellowcard i imagine was a joke.. maybe not..

just my thoughts:hug:

Yeah I'm sure it probably is something as straight forward as that! :lol:

Shame really !!

What's a yellowcard?

Well I haven't read the thread this is all about ...but I do know that in football (soccer!)....A yellow card is a warning...and a Red card gets you sent off!!!!.....

he he,!!!
trust me!!!
thelma from thelma and louise , she jest caint resist!!!!!!!!

Well I haven't read the thread this is all about ...but I do know that in football (soccer!)....A yellow card is a warning...and a Red card gets you sent off!!!!.....

Smartie ... you're getting warm!! Hot actually. It is a feature for the moderators only (what a shame) so I wouldn't stress about it too much unless you get one :lol: :lol: given to you.

If geeks have a probem with a post, they can always report is as a bad post or give negative Reputation points to the user who offended them.

Its the new system I was testing for issuing warnings and infractions for violating rules.

Moderators can issue yellow cards (warnings) for Spamming, aggressive behavior, signature violations, etc... Enough warnings lead to red cards, enough red cards and you get a ban.

Infractions expire after a time and can also be appealed and reversed.

Its really just a tool to help us all keep the site moderated much easier. The amount of post and thread deletions for spamming and such is getting really high and the amount of time required to delete, then notify and discuss is ridiculous. This will really help things along.

Ill post a more comprehensive update on the site a little later.

Thanks for the info GMG

That will make us think twice before posting.
Good idea for keeping the site clean and tidy.

Ahh, I see!! Thanks for clearing things up. I'm so glad I didn't try and join in with the original thread.

A great idea for keeping a tighter rein on the site. It will certainly make geeks think about what they post before they post it.

AHHH thought you had had too much soccer over the summer Sam lol

Poor Lotusblossom Got Booked Tho, Just For Having The Guts To Post On That Thread!!
Unless That Was Samanthas Idea Of A Joke!!!

Poor Lotusblossom Got Booked Tho, Just For Having The Guts To Post On That Thread!!
Unless That Was Samanthas Idea Of A Joke!!!
the thread was a test to see if the Infractions worked... the thread was supposed to be ignored but me old mate Thelma couldn't help herself pmsl, fell for it hook line and sinker :smack:
no worries, it's all been sorted and Nikki has a clean slate again :D

We yellow carded her as a joke. In fact, it was reversed within 10 minutes.

This has nothing to do with making people think twice about posting, its to be able to moderate those that don't easier.

im clean !!! clean i tell ya!!!

lol when i received the yellow card last night samantha said it was a test and, it was reversed as sam said, so no probs now!!! lol
but, memo to self; wait for someone else to do something first!!

Latest posts

Back