What part of the enhancement procedure do you feel most unsure about?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few ladies that have oval and I often play around trying to get the shape right far too much!!

I find that turning the hand over and double checking the shape you have created from the underside helps................if that makes sense! :)

Sometimes you can look too much. :eek:

Yup, I look underneath... and I think I know what you mean aobut playing too much.
But is there a 'trick' to it?

(I'm sure I read one somewhere, just dont remember where)

just come across this thread so this may have been answered the same as what im gonna say.........:eek:

you say you get lifting at the cuticle.........

normally the answer to this is......have you prepped correctly etc etc. anyway im not gonna say that :lol: cos im presuming you ARE doing this correctly
but give you my way of applying l/p at the cuticle area (zone 3) and zone 2 ..when you apply the product to zone 3, with your brush, use a "wiggle" as you apply it, i know this might be hard to get but try to picture this.

product placed at cuticle area
with your brush, press it, then very slightly wiggle your brush (its like "scrubbing" your product into the nail plate)

hope that made sense

:hug:

I too use a "used" abrasive for zone 3...makes my life sooooo much easier and I can now get zone 3 nice and flush...at the moment I am using desinger nails black grit boomerang ones...they litrally just swish along the cuticle area so naturally , although sometimes I use my koala.
I also try to get it as flush as possible with my brush first, by doing it a similar way to glynis..
I angle my brush so the handle is pointing up towards my chin..and then sort of pat and gently wiggle the bead into place

fantastic idea ladies...thank you both soo much...never thought that it would be like "scrubbing" it onto the nail!!!! xxx:hug::hug: for you both xx

Last edited by a moderator:
hi I have just passed my gel course and finding it difficult to do the c curve to strenthen the nail, and to keep it on. :mad: any tips would be great. Im ok with blending tips, first coat of gel its just getting the shape I put to much on, and they do not look so good yet on the course I did it lovely to pass.

hi I have just passed my gel course and finding it difficult to do the c curve to strenthen the nail, and to keep it on. :mad: any tips would be great. Im ok with blending tips, first coat of gel its just getting the shape I put to much on, and they do not look so good yet on the course I did it lovely to pass.
Do you mean the apex or stress area? That's where the strength is in an enhancement.

Which gel brand are you using?

Yup, I look underneath... and I think I know what you mean aobut playing too much.
But is there a 'trick' to it?

(I'm sure I read one somewhere, just dont remember where)

Mmmm don`t think iv`e read about a trick to it, but if you find it then please let me know!!:)

Not always but occasionally when I do a set of ovals and think they were spot on.......rebalance time comes and I notice that one side is slightly out and yet they were ok before any growth!!!:mad:

I know how you feel hun but don`t know any magisc answer I`m afraid!!!:)

Since I started using a buff off (after soaking off Bio each time) I am struggle with the fliing part of the rebalance process.

1. Removing lifited gel: I know to file just before the any lifted areas but I still struggle to make that little white line disappear.

2. I am SO scared that I will cut someone. I did a few weeks ago and now I feel nervous about it all the time. I do file the edges against another file to remover the sharpness. I guess I just need practice ... that doesn't include cutting anyone!

The thing I find most difficult is placement of the bead in zone 3 and filing the cuticle area. I am still toying with my procedure. To use a carbide bit or a handfile in this area, that is the question... :eek:

The thing I find most difficult is placement of the bead in zone 3 and filing the cuticle area. I am still toying with my procedure. To use a carbide bit or a handfile in this area, that is the question... :eek:
Pages 1 and 3 of this thread cover zone 3 problems :wink2:

Since I started using a buff off (after soaking off Bio each time) I am struggle with the fliing part of the rebalance process.

1. Removing lifited gel: I know to file just before the any lifted areas but I still struggle to make that little white line disappear.

2. I am SO scared that I will cut someone. I did a few weeks ago and now I feel nervous about it all the time. I do file the edges against another file to remover the sharpness. I guess I just need practice ... that doesn't include cutting anyone!

have you tried angling your file.?....sometimes if you angle your file like...right down ...(hope that makes sense!!) then it will file it better hence getting rid of lifting..hth xx

have you tried angling your file.?....sometimes if you angle your file like...right down ...(hope that makes sense!!) then it will file it better hence getting rid of lifting..hth xx

Sorry - not good at visualizing. Could you give it another go? Thanks!:hug:

Sorry - not good at visualizing. Could you give it another go? Thanks!:hug:
hahaha!!!!...instead of holding the file flat...try tilting it a bit up......instead of all the file being on the nail you have it at a angle so the bottom of the file is up and the top is on the nail...is that better !!!!! xxxx

hahaha!!!!...instead of holding the file flat...try tilting it a bit up......instead of all the file being on the nail you have it at a angle so the bottom of the file is up and the top is on the nail...is that better !!!!! xxxx

Ok, got it. I actually do that - and I still couldn't picture it lol! I guess I just need to have more positive experience then I will feel better. I only had that one time, but it really did me in! I am a bit overly cautious now.
thx :hug:

Ok, got it. I actually do that - and I still couldn't picture it lol! I guess I just need to have more positive experience then I will feel better. I only had that one time, but it really did me in! I am a bit overly cautious now.
thx :hug:

thank god you got it hun as i was thinking how else to put it and could not come up with anything!!!!!....sorry i cant help no more hun xxx

i'm having problems with my acrlyic. when i do a fill i can't seem to blend the lines from the previous fill in enough to make them disappear. i'm afraid if i file to much i'll ruin the natural nail on my client. please help an advise?

Also my acrylic has had lot of air bubbles in it. I've tried mixing different ratios of liquid and powder as well as warming the monomer and different patting techniques. any advise on this? It's really driving me crazy since my smile lines are awesome after i started using the young nail technique. please help, i'm beginning to think i suck. :eek:

i'm having problems with my acrlyic. when i do a fill i can't seem to blend the lines from the previous fill in enough to make them disappear. i'm afraid if i file to much i'll ruin the natural nail on my client. please help an advise?

Also my acrylic has had lot of air bubbles in it. I've tried mixing different ratios of liquid and powder as well as warming the monomer and different patting techniques. any advise on this? It's really driving me crazy since my smile lines are awesome after i started using the young nail technique. please help, i'm beginning to think i suck. :eek:

try this hun....when you do a rebalance/infill start filing at the tip then work your way to the cuticle....by the time you get to the infill where you want it to blend in flush ...it should do just that...xx
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finishing-maintenance/14905-forever-french-rebalance.html

thank you so much!!!

I struggle with shape too and lots of other things,lol. My round and oval shapes are rubbish and dread doing them, but i think they look lovely, any tips. Also getting my smiles looking crisp too is a problem.x

I struggle with shape too and lots of other things,lol. My round and oval shapes are rubbish and dread doing them, but i think they look lovely, any tips. Also getting my smiles looking crisp too is a problem.x

if you look on pages 2 and 3 they answer all your questions hun xxx

I still feel insecure about the consistency in my mix ratio. I am happy with the nails that i deliver by now. It,s just the difficult customers that make me doubt myself when the claim that the nails fell off.

I use cnd l&p and i know about how you have to look at your bead absorbing the liquid and say going going gone, but is that the time that it would take as counting to two as a clock would?

well i feel most unsure about two things.

when i do zone 3 im scared of applying too much product because it doesnt give a nice apex so i apply in small balls but then always looks like 'ive missed abit' and then lifts quite quickly!
so need more practice at that.

also blending natural tips i can blend well if i take along time on myself but i never know how low down/far up i stick the tip because then when i blend the free edge i make doesnt look natural because the blended line is always too far down towards the cuticle.

when i do blended tips on someone with longer nails i place the tip quite far up, blend and do the white and smile line this looks better but dont know how to get them to look good natural on both bitten/longer nails!

on a client who has short/bitten nails i have to place the tip quite far down but i dont think im blending right because it always wears away through filing too much or i dont blend enough because i can feel the tip where it hasnt been blended.

this is why i stick to white tips but want to widen the variaty of nails i can do

where do i place the tip?!

Latest posts

Back