What system is this, only had my nails done for new year and they look fab

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
Hi gys, happy new year (hick up:lol:)

My hbby treated me to my nails done at a salon local to us. It was a lovely atmosphere and they had about six nail techs. It is a vietmanese salon and they use the drills as many call them. It was a little machine that had little sanding tools. Must say though when they did my prep that it was very gentle and i was very impressed.
Any way i asked for gel and i was suprised on there application techniques if not intrigued. They had monomer and powder, which i thought that is not gel. Any way he used a large brush and picked up a large flat bead as big as the nail plate and covered the entire nail in one hit. He faffed very little, then he used a small file on his machine to finish shqpe which again was done very gently. then they buffed and brought to a shine appled nail art by hand which is also fab, then applied like a polish and put me under uv and then again and i was done in 1 hour and 15 min. My nails look amazing, feel amazing and are so shiny and the nail art in encased and almost looks holagraphic in the light. They feel extremly strong as well yet lovely and thin to the touch.

But i have no idea what they used as all there labels were in vietmanese i think and did not resemble gel to me till last off. does any one have any ideas xxxx

It was L+P, but s there were no labels apart from n Vetnamese, I guess you mght not fnd out what brand they are using. Hopefully it isn't MMA. The final top coat would have probably been a UV gel topcoat.

Nail drlls are OK in the right hands, and it looks like he was gentle in your prep and didn't sand your natural nail. All that needs to be done is for the shine to be removed, not the nail to be etched.

I'm glad you are happy with the work. I hope you bought some solar oil/cuticle oil. Use it twice a day at least to keep your nails looking lovely. Go back for your rebalance, and don't pick them off!! LOL I think you've maybe picked up this advice on here anyway, as we are always hammering on about it. LOL xx

An ex work colleague used to have "gel" nails done in our local nss. It's not gel, it's L&P

They have a product, can't think what it's called though that is more "glass like" and shinier that their usual L&P and they fob people off by saying it's gel and charging an extra £10 for it! :mad:

Gel is Gel, not a Liquid and Powder

I'm pretty sure the "polish" they apply is a UV Gloss Coat

Hiya .. it could be anything as there was no labels which concerns me.

It wasn't gel for sure....and as it was gel that you asked for i would be bummed that i didn't get what i asked for. I also don't like nail drills on the natural nail.

Using the 1 bead application method is nothing new...you can apply L&P in as many beads as you like.

You asked for gel..... you got L&P??

Did they use an electric file (drill directly on your nail plate) or only to sand down product?

Vietnemese lables? No English? I would not be happy with this. It is akin to going to a pharmacy and picking up a box of medicine in a foreign lanuage. Would you take the medicine without understanding the instructions?

Th monomer was in glass bowls and the powder was in like a ceramic bowl. I no one thing they did, they have lamps over each table, with every piece he picked up he put it under the lamp for about a second before applying to the nail, so the pwdery look went to a gel loo if u no what i mean.

Now i sound really thic as very new to nails but what does l and p stand for is that some form of acrylic and then a gel overlay, can u apply gel over acrylic and do creative offer some thing similar, were u can seal in the nail art and bring to a long lasting high shine whilst having the strength, but leaving them still lovely and thin, because i really do love these nails. xxx

L&P is Liquid and Powder...

You asked for gel..... you got L&P??

Did they use an electric file (drill directly on your nail plate) or only to sand down product?

Vietnemese lables? No English? I would not be happy with this. It is akin to going to a pharmacy and picking up a box of medicine in a foreign lanuage. Would you take the medicine without understanding the instructions?

They call it gel, as offer acrylic nails, silk the works, or is it the overlay over the l and p which is the gel. They used the file on my natural nail, but foloowed the nail growth, and it was very soft, very quick and after going to some places in the past who have took shed loads off my nails with a normal nail file, this certainly was not the case hun, they used a very gentle approach totally x

Liquid and powder to me means acrylic:confused: am i right or is tis something different x

acrylic can be L&P or Gel....all systems are a form of Acrylic

acrylic can be L&P or Gel....all systems are a form of Acrylic

now i am really confused. So l & p is also known as acrlic and gel. So when they say it is gel and put the powder and liquid mix to the heat lamp this would make a gel am i right

now i am really confused. So l & p is also known as acrlic and gel. So when they say it is gel and put the powder and liquid mix to the heat lamp this would make a gel am i right

Both Gel and L&P are forms of acrylic

However, the "acrylic" nails that NSS advertise are L&P

HTHs xx

ok, little worried now. MMA, surely they would not be using this when they have an extremly buisy salon in the middle of town, why would people use this when it can be so dangerouse. They do all wear masks when filing mmmm help what have they used.
I assumed they use a barnd of there own, that they do not ell people because of compertition, the main man has huge results and the clients love him and his nails.

No....Gel requires curing under a UV lamp....L&P air dries

Holding a bead of L&P under a lamp is not the norm....and certainly not required if your bead is the right ratio and if using top end products....which we wouldn't know as there where no labels.

For all you know it could be MMA:!:

No....Gel requires curing under a UV lamp....L&P air dries

Holding a bead of L&P under a lamp is not the norm....and certainly not required if your bead is the right ratio and if using top end products....which we wouldn't know as there where no labels.

For all you know it could be MMA:!:
o so how would i no if it could be MMA. Also why would he put it under the lamp for a few seco,

Gels stem from acrylic (L&P). But gel is different in that it is applied as a gel product directly to the nail. Acrylic (L&P) is when powder is dipped into liquid and a bead is formed on the end of the brush.

L&P does not need UV light to cure whereas gel does.

In my honest professional opinion, no matter how gentle, an electric sander should never be used on the natural nail!

In my honest professional opinion, no matter how gentle, an electric sander should never be used on the natural nail!

My thought's exactly xx

Both Gel and L&P are forms of acrylic

However, the "acrylic" nails that NSS advertise are L&P

HTHs xx
well they call them gel, he said it was stronger than acrlic so costs more, were as a therapist myself i no that gel is not as strong as acrylic, but because i did not recognise there system i did not say other wise. these nails feel very strong xxx
if they used mma what could this do to me, going off to panick now, surely health and safety woul pic this up,
forgot to mention he used a primer, the bottle had primer on it, but the rest was obliviouse to me.
it did not smell like monomer, but then agan they had the extractors in the work benches so i assumed this was why no smell

well they call them gel, he said it was stronger than acrlic so costs more, were as a therapist myself i no that gel is not as strong as acrylic, but because i did not recognise there system i did not say other wise. these nails feel very strong xxx
if they used mma what could this do to me, going off to panick now, surely health and safety woul pic this up,
forgot to mention he used a primer, the bottle had primer on it, but the rest was obliviouse to me.
it did not smell like monomer, but then agan they had the extractors in the work benches so i assumed this was why no smell

Sadly, there is no laws against the use of MMA in this country.

As has been said in above threads, if a liquid and a powder was used then you definatly didn't have gel applied to your nails

I've yet to find a NSS that offers ACTUAL gel nails!

As I said they fob you off saying it's gel and therefore charge you more.....

Thats not quite true hun....Gel can be every bit as strong as L&P when applied with the correct structure and application.

I am assuming that no client consultation was done...?

To be honest with everything you have said i would have been out that chair quicker than a whippet...fab looking nails or not.

Latest posts

Back