What system is this, only had my nails done for new year and they look fab

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was definantly L+ P by the sounds of it! In Australia the asian nail bars also use one big bead to do nails....I think this is the lazy way of doing nails! They do this to get you in and out as quickly as possible!

The reason why they put you under a UV light was most probably because they used a UV top coat. The UV top coats tend to seal in the nail art better than a normal top coat, and are shinnier.

lol! My posts keep getting deleted. I know these products!!!! Its like their forbidden fruit lol x

NO MMA. I have product ingredients for all thier acrylics/gels etc. Can email if u like x

They use the lamp as each step of the process works better if dry b4 next step x

they do use the drill on the cuticle.........This is a no no. This would b why ur nails hurt i think.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol! My posts keep getting deleted. I know these products!!!! Its like their forbidden fruit lol x
You haven't had any of your posts deleted, apart from the ones in November when you were sent a notification by two moderators as to the reasons why!

My boss is Vietnamese. He buys a product that says on the label "gel powder". Other than the fact that it is perfectly clear, and sets slower, I never really feel like i'm using a gel tho.

it's what i put on my own nails. And it doesn't seem as destructive as the reg acrylic. He seems to be under the impression that true gels "are not popular in the southern states" I fully intend to prove him wrong. But i need MUCH practice, since NO ONE here teaches the technique. Perhaps I'll start a new thread for tips for me :)

I know where to get the drill and the gel. I actually use it. In their salons they mostly use acrylic. (1)The gel is a builder resin, (2)activator then (3)crystal acrylic......looks great. Their acrylic i think is better also. It stays on better, And j=if your wondering.....i have a copy of the product ingredients (NO MMA), hope this helps, feels free to PM if u like x

Ok, a few problems here.
1) It is either A) a uv gel OR B) a thick resin. It can not be both.
2) An 'activator' is used only with "tip-n-dip" aka "Gel-resines" (a misnomer in quebec, explained in another tip-n-dip thread) aka "acrylic-dips" (or wraps) and NOT with standard L&P aka Acrylic nails AND NOR with UV Gel.
3) As for "crystal acrylic", there are no crystals in acrylic, no one is grinding down some Swarofski's to make acrylic powder for nails.:rolleyes:

It seems to be that you are confusing the systems and unsure yourself what system you are talking about.

Also, MMA will adhere better or SEEM TO only because the natural nail has been damaged beyond repair. So, therefor, it DOESN'T really adhere better because it required the damage of the nailplate. Quality product in fact adheres better because it does NOT require damaging the nail plate.

Lastly, to my knowledge (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the only Quality "Powder Gel" that exists is "Le Chat" WHERE a UV Gel is applied (NOT resin and NO MONOMER), then fine acrylic powder spinkled over it, and more UV Gel applied. Then cured.

The fact is this: IF MONOMER IS USED, THEN IT IS NOT UV GEL. PERIOD:!:
If there is a strong odour, then it is NOT UV GEL. PERIOD:!:

It's IMPORTANT that FACTS be straight on this forum, due to the presence of Newbies in the industry that we do NOT want to wrongly educate AND the presence of consumers that also need the RIGHT information to make the right choices.

Latest posts

Back