what system to choose?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Likewise!!:wink2:

Did I say anything anywhere against Mr Schoon? I just passed on my husband's professional industry based opinion.

I tried to get across that Gina is fantastic, after people told me that there was a 'bashing' going on regarding her integrity. I had a quick browse and noticed a few things myself as well, that could be taken as Gina's comments.
Just tried to protect her in the only way I could think of...to make a public announcement to state otherwise. And BOY do I regret jumping to someones defense...not that she needs me to do it, but I love her to bits and just reacted. At the same time I queried some stuff I had been told.
If I unintentionally offended anyone than I would always say sorry AND would also assume that it would be left at that. I did not expect my husband's trustworthiness to be dragged into this, I have never met Mr. Schoon so that was a bit of a silly :irked: comment to make on your part.

Please let's stick to the 'agree to disagree' thing without getting nasty about our partners.
That's what I would call tit for tat...and it does confirm my earlier comment on getting your head taken off if you dare to stick it up.
And by the way, do you think that me quoting people by name and rank would go down well and that they would own up to those comments? I think not! And the comments I have been getting proves that they are probably right in not doing so! And again (!) I am not saying they are right, I wanted to know where all these stories came from?
Just wanted some answers....but didn't expect anyone to come after me with 'Hammer and Nails'(??) What's THAT:rolleyes: all about?

Someone's been watching SHREK :green: too many times and is getting carried away with visions of pitchforks????

Signing off now, enough evil :evil: stuff for the time being!
Everybody wise up, kiss and make up!!!!!

Talk later, about something else please 'cause I'm done with this topic!

Christel

no gina didn't train me but the lady that did was a very nice person and i feel i had a good start in nail training but will go on to train with other companies.
hopefully if i can find where my husband hides the secret stash thg

I did not expect my husband's trustworthiness to be dragged into this, I have never met Mr. Schoon so that was a bit of a silly :irked: comment to make on your part.

Someone's been watching SHREK :green: too many times and is getting carried away with visions of pitchforks????

Signing off now, enough evil :evil: stuff for the time being!
Everybody wise up, kiss and make up!!!!!

Talk later, about something else please 'cause I'm done with this topic!

Christel

I don't know your husband.....but I have met and greatly admire and respect Doug Schoon....I know who I would put my trust in.
Your husbands trustworthiness was never mentioned, only Doug Schoon's. Nobody can say much about your husband as we have no background on him, though there aren't many here who do not know Doug Schoon background & qualifications.

And I did say I was asking to be enlightened....because I had been TOLD certain information.

Just goes to show,you can't beleive everything you hear .......... whatever the company :wink2:

Hi again!

'Spiked Monomer' was said as a general term, I didn't say Creative perse!!!
I DID say I have no personal knowledge of the Creative brand, I therefore didn't imply this was the case.

I am just trying to figure out how and what and if I can't do that here, where can I???
Always keeping in mind the colleagues I mentioned could have it wrong, passed on faulty info etc etc, WHY though do some salons still find a problem with having their products (not necessarily cheap stuff!!) adhere to a nail plate that is accustomed to Retention?

Again, please leave my head on!!! I quite like it!!! Just had my teeth bleached!!!:biggrin:

It's just an honest question: I work with a very good brand right now, haven't had a reason to switch brands and have never tried Creative, so please enlighten me....

Christel

Your colleague Magnetic-NI asked if this was "complete tosh",and Gigi Rouse confirmed it was utter rubbish HTH'S.http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/24994-magnetic-nails-2.html

It's funny how quickly rumours spread,but when they are confirmed to be a loads of old cods wallop no one talks :rolleyes:

Your colleague Magnetic-NI asked if this was "complete tosh",and Gigi Rouse confirmed it was utter rubbish HTH'S.http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/24994-magnetic-nails-2.html

It's funny how quickly rumours spread,but when they are confirmed to be a loads of old cods wallop no one talks :rolleyes:

Well now I am really confused as Magnetic NI and Trendy Talons appear to be the same person. Maybe she just didn't believe Geeg!

I am not going to answer all the comments made as you say subject closed......apart for the fact that although we do disagree I thought we kept it quite restrained and civilised....even with some humour.:wink2:

Possibly your humour ran out Christel.
BTW the hammer and nails comment was a jokey reference to your comment about anythng adverse about Creative on this site can get you crucified.
Actually it still makes me smile...sorry you didn't get it lol:lol:

Er? who in their right mind would stick methacrylic acid in monomer? There is not one company that would do that. In fact, here is a quote from Paul Bryson (R&D at OPI)

Nobody in their right mind would ever put straight Methacrylic Acid in a monomer, but it works okay as a primer if handled properly.

Methacrylic acid in monomer would be the easiest way to make your enhancment yellow, become brittle and look like... er... crap!

A couple other points worth making:

Pterygium is a nail disorder and not an anatomical part of the nail.

If anyone is being trained that monomers contain methacrylic acid or that pteryigum is an anotmaical partof the nail, they need to send their trainer to get some training because they are wayyyy up in the night. If this is the type of fancy being passed off as fact, then how factual can the rest of your information be?

This is the reason why we need some sort of standards regarding trainers.

Good luck all. And get some quality training :D

Hi Samual

Just an explanation, as far as I am aware the term Pterygium is the US version of the term Eponychium. When I worked on the latest Magnetic Nail Academy translation of the training manuals late last year, I of course came across the term Eponychium and discussed matters with Gina Buccili regarding what would be mostly used here in the UK compared to elsewhere in the world. On Gina's advice I put in Eponychium, to keep in line with the rest of the country even though I use the US version myself. Because it sounds cuter!! (and is easier to spell!:lol:)

Check EzFlow's Pro Pusher

•
Double-ended for double-duty – keeps cuticles in line AND removes Pterygium just by switching ends, so your work is done without having to sanitize two tools!

They have actually found a cure for a scary disease!! LOL!! :hug:

Cheers,

Christel

Absolutely !!

Contact all the companies you mention and get a Try Me kit from them....and see which one you like before you book a conversion.

I will however add that Retention+ is my monomer of choice..and I love it. Methinks your former Educator had a personal agenda there!!!!.

this sounds like the best thing to do to me

that way you can try the products and decide for yourself

remember we all have our own personal preferences

Hi Samual

Just an explanation, as far as I am aware the term Pterygium is the US version of the term Eponychium. When I worked on the latest Magnetic Nail Academy translation of the training manuals late last year, I of course came across the term Eponychium and discussed matters with Gina Buccili regarding what would be mostly used here in the UK compared to elsewhere in the world. On Gina's advice I put in Eponychium, to keep in line with the rest of the country even though I use the US version myself. Because it sounds cuter!! (and is easier to spell!:lol:)

Check EzFlow's Pro Pusher

•
Double-ended for double-duty – keeps cuticles in line AND removes Pterygium just by switching ends, so your work is done without having to sanitize two tools!

They have actually found a cure for a scary disease!! LOL!! :hug:

Cheers,

Christel

I found the following definition on an American website:
Pterygium is the inward advance of skin over the nail plate, usually the result of trauma to the matrix due to a surgical procedure or by a deep cut to the nail plate. Pterygium results in the loss of the nail plate due to the development of scar tissue. Cortisone is used to prevent the advancement of scar tissue. Never attempt to remove pterygium -instead, consult a physician for advice and treatment.

NOTE: The 'true cuticle' is often referred to as Pterygium. If you have pterygium, it can only be treated by a physician and should never be removed by a nail technician.

We need to make sure when posting that we do not confuse people by using the incorrect terminology.

Just a little picture of Pterygium not something that we would treat or even remove......

Attachments

• pterygium.jpg
    pterygium.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Back