What to get for spray Tanning???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never bought any of the disposable products, why spend more money when you don't have to, you need to maximise your profits. I have a stack of old black towels that I use in the bottom of the tent and I use these for the client to stand on, they all have a barrier cream applied to the soles of their feet first so that the tan doesn't grab there. Towels are changed after each client.

I have never yet had any trouble with tan on somebody's hair and nobody has asked me for a disposable thong. I think they all like to come in their own old underwear/bikini.

I understand that each person does things their own way though, so go with what you feel is best.

Thank you all for your replies!!

I have my training re booked for monday now so hopefully can get going straight away!
I've got hubby to do and 2 other ladies who said I can have a practice run on them!

Thanx again - I'm sure I will be asking you something else soon!:lol::lol:

Hiya Kelly

Slightly off thread I know, but a great time of year to be starting tanning in a military area....there are tons of mess summer balls coming up in the next few weeks, so get advertising round the messes pronto and at your local HIVE...stick some flyers in the welfare office as well....offer the girls in there a free tan if they can get you so many bookings.

I carry disposbale thongs....only really use them occasionally, but people appreciate teh offer. I am just about to try sticky feet too, will let you know the outcome. I also bought a very cheap packet of thin hairbands from Superdrug (or some cheap chemist) and offer those to ladies that forget something for their hair, and carry a couple of spare fabric bands for those that have 'whispy' bits....sounds like overkill I suppose but you have no idea how many grateful clients I've had!

Good luck!

Thats great advice - thanx Lyndsey.

It's nice to get advice from a fellow military bod as I have found that it's slightly different working and types of clients than if I was in a civil village!

You're not too far from me!!!

I'm definatly going to get going asap - have my training on monday and already have my leaflets sorted out so it's just a matter of getting comfortable with my technique then i'll be away - hopefully!!

Again slightly off topic but do you find you can do a decent tan straight away or does it take some time? Roughly how times should I do tans before I should be let out on the public and be charging them?

Couch roll folded over placed under the clients feet - get them to swivel round without taking their feet off, they wont get brown soles this way. Shower caps on the hair - easily rinsed, solution doesnt run off unless you are spraying way too much. Use a different one for each client and rinse at end of the day. Keep all your consumables to a mimimum, save your pennies for buying quality solution, which keeps your clients returning with repeat business.
Liz

I bought disposable knickers and only 2 people used them. I wouldn't bother buying anything, the client seems to be more comfy in their old bikini imo.

We very often get asked about the disposables option and which items should people purchase when starting to do spray tanning. Speaking from experience, my clients know they are getting a professional service and very often remark on how the salon "down the road" never bothers with these items and that it really does make all the difference to a spray tanning experience.

As we do not go for the "pressure sell" and recommend everything on our price list, the following items are what I personally use every time I do a spray tan:

hair cap - fine woven cap as opposed to shower cap as you will find the fine beads of solution don't get absorbed into the plastic cap which tends to get transferred onto clients hands as they remove their cap

couch roll - great for you to test the amount of solution which is coming through your spray gun / airbrush, also great for placing underneath peoples feet to prevent solution on the soles

gloves - keep the solution from staining your own hands and it also creates a professional image when you are performing tanning treatments

you may choose to offer nose filters, masks, thongs, sticky feet, sluffwipes, bras etc as you develop your business but I would certianly begin with the items I have listed above.

Thank you Spray 2 go - great advice!

Well after all the advice all you geeks have given me how can i go wrong?

BIG THANX to all of you

Cheers

Yes Spray to Go is right with the disposable gloves, never without mine, means you can also remove the shower cap as part of the service and no marks on fingers lol.
:lol:

I supply sticky-soles, shower caps and paper thongs. All use the sticky-soles, and some will use the thongs or caps - some use all 3 !
I charge £25 for a full body spray tan, and even if the client uses all three disposables + some couch roll and perhaps a baby-wipe (great for wiping toes, nails and 'dark' heels) Istill feel that I'm making a good profit.
I believe that by providing these products, it reflects the quality of the service and although they are perhaps a bit pricey to buy in bulk to start with, it will be worth it in the end.:)

Thanx everyone for your helpful advice, i really apprciate it!!

Latest posts

Back