What was your worst salon experience?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the most HORRIFIC wax imaginable. And to this day I still can't believe it.

REALLY this IS true.

Shopping centre salon

I go in for a wax

Two ladies in there. The roller wax system had broken so they used the pot and spatula method.

I had too ladies attaching me at once. They were throwing wax on me all over the place, dripping it everywhere and kept pulling the strips off in the director of the hair growth.

Any one knows what the golden rule of waxing is. Pull off against the growth. I couldn't understand how they could be getting this wrong. So I asked how long she had been doing it for. She said about 10 years. But was reasonable new in the shop. The other lady was just fiddling around with more wax and strips at this point. After about 3 attempt at pulling the wax off the wrong way. I snatched the spatular out of her and advised her 'no... Look you do it like this!'

I then ended up giving them a quick crash course for 10 mins before they did. 'Yes sorry we are just Un familiar with the spatular method' OMG lol

So they then started back on me again but STILL got it wrong. Ladies I was in so much pain. In the end I jumped off the couch shouting. GET off me!!!!! Just keep away!!!

My skin way so red it was crazy. She then persuaded me to let her out after wax lotion. I dubiously let her. She didn't think I had clocked it, but had, she secretly put loads of sterex tinted lotion on me to try and cover it up. And showed me, 'look, all fine she said' I was gob smacked. It all soaked through my clothing making it all brown.

I went into the salon reception and asked to speak with the manager. Her face looked bemused as to why I would want the manager.

He came along and wanted me to pay full price. Haha I don't think so. Then we had a big argument. I advised him that if she said she had been waxing for 10 years then she's a bloody lier!!!!

Then the police where threatened to be called lol

Finally he said. Ok just pay half

HALF I screamed. You should be paying me for the training I've just given her.

So after more heated words he said I will not pay anything and that I shouldn't come back again.

Lol like I would ever want to come back ever again.

Beat that for a waxing nightmare girls ;-)

I went for an eyebrow wax, was greeted by a stony faced therapist who just asked me to lay down, no consultation, no discussing what shape I wanted. She waxed them & it felt like she'd taken more off one side. She then said there you go £5 please!! I asked for a mirror to see & she rolled her eyes!! My right brow was half the length it should be & when I pointed It out she said it wasn't noticeable as my brows are blonde! !!
after a few crossed words I left without paying & never went back!!
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Before I was trained I went to a local salon for cluster lashes. As she was applying them it was burning where the glue was touching my skin and my eyes were watering so much it was running down my face. When I complained of the burning she told me it was normal! I stupidly believed her as I have super sensitive eyes. After she was finally done my eyes were burning and I could hardly see, they were watering and bright red. On the way home I bought a cluster lash set from boots and used the remover when To take them off but I they still burned and I had to go to the doctors to yet eye drops! I went back to complain and they seemed offended!

I had the most HORRIFIC wax imaginable. And to this day I still can't believe it.

REALLY this IS true.

Shopping centre salon

I go in for a wax

Two ladies in there. The roller wax system had broken so they used the pot and spatula method.

I had too ladies attaching me at once. They were throwing wax on me all over the place, dripping it everywhere and kept pulling the strips off in the director of the hair growth.

Any one knows what the golden rule of waxing is. Pull off against the growth. I couldn't understand how they could be getting this wrong. So I asked how long she had been doing it for. She said about 10 years. But was reasonable new in the shop. The other lady was just fiddling around with more wax and strips at this point. After about 3 attempt at pulling the wax off the wrong way. I snatched the spatular out of her and advised her 'no... Look you do it like this!'

I then ended up giving them a quick crash course for 10 mins before they did. 'Yes sorry we are just Un familiar with the spatular method' OMG lol

So they then started back on me again but STILL got it wrong. Ladies I was in so much pain. In the end I jumped off the couch shouting. GET off me!!!!! Just keep away!!!

My skin way so red it was crazy. She then persuaded me to let her out after wax lotion. I dubiously let her. She didn't think I had clocked it, but had, she secretly put loads of sterex tinted lotion on me to try and cover it up. And showed me, 'look, all fine she said' I was gob smacked. It all soaked through my clothing making it all brown.

I went into the salon reception and asked to speak with the manager. Her face looked bemused as to why I would want the manager.

He came along and wanted me to pay full price. Haha I don't think so. Then we had a big argument. I advised him that if she said she had been waxing for 10 years then she's a bloody lier!!!!

Then the police where threatened to be called lol

Finally he said. Ok just pay half

HALF I screamed. You should be paying me for the training I've just given her.

So after more heated words he said I will not pay anything and that I shouldn't come back again.

Lol like I would ever want to come back ever again.

Beat that for a waxing nightmare girls ;-)

oh my goodness!!! you was brave to stand up for yourself though, especially as there was two women in the room both obviously presuming they were doing it right! i cant believe this, they probably had no training what so ever! x

have been reading all your stories ladies, some are very shocking!! x x

I had been growing my hair for a long time, It was down past my chest. I went to the salon I normally go to and the lady (also the owner) said she had to run out but the other stylist would trim my hair. I agreed and sat down, well as soon as her boss left she got a nasty chip on her shoulder. I said I wanted no more then an inch cut off, well she went to work. I went there expecting a wash cut and style but instead she just started spraying. My hair is very curly and I wear it straight and I tryed to tell her but she started chopping. After a half hour she turned me opposite of the mirror, over an hour it took for a trim. She was obviously trying to hide something because she through the cape over the vanity mirror and litterly shoved me towards the door. She charged me for only half the hair cut and left it wet and curly. I got home washed it blowdryed and flat ironed it and almost threw up with shock. Over 5 inches was gone! There was priced an inch off my head. And inch difference on either side, it was a hacked off croocked bob. I had also a white blonde shelf that was colored at the back under my black black hair that had takin forever to get. I had to color over it as only an inch was left at the back and looked ridiculous. I called the next day and asked for the manager. I tryed to complain and she hung up on me! My friend had to call because I was crying so hard. I went in and the manger got super snotty and said it was my fault because my hair was so thick and curly. I was 18! She wanted to no if I wanted her to even it out after she called me a lier. My hair was so bad and short the next thing would have been a pixy. I stormed out.
I had to spend loads of money on hair extensions. It was terrible.

I almost forgot about my eyelash extension experience. A salon in my area was running a special on eyelash extensions as it was a new treatment. I have worn strip eyelashes and individual eyelashes in the past. I've also been through training for eyelash extensions. The salon was advertising the "interlocking v technique" which I was familiar with because that was one of the training courses I'd been through. I was really excited because my lashes were short. When I got to the salon the tech greeted me, made me feel comfortable and did a consultation. I asked her how long she had been doing eyelash extensions, in which she stated "for quite a while". I felt comfortable with that. While she applied them, I didn't have any problems other than some burning and tearing. After about 2 hours she stated she was done and that I could sit up. Unfortunately the adhesive was not quite all dry. My eyes got stuck together, but the burning and tearing was really bad. I knew I'd probably have some burning but this was awful. Much more worse than when I've applied eyelash extensions to myself. After it cleared up, she handed me the mirror. I was absolutely mortified. I literally looked like I had tarantula legs glued to my eyelids. She used so much glue its no wonder my eyes stuck together. Her interlocking v technique needed a whole lot of work. My eyelids felt so heavy. I ran outta there. When I got home my boyfriend said, what the hell happened? He even thought it was awful and he doesn't normally notice any changes I've made. I wish I still had the pictures. Come to find out, the "quite a while" experience she had was not the truth. I was her third set of extensions! Its a good thing a had adhesive remover!

Sent from my Xoom using SalonGeek

I had been growing my hair for a long time, It was down past my chest. I went to the salon I normally go to and the lady (also the owner) said she had to run out but the other stylist would trim my hair. I agreed and sat down, well as soon as her boss left she got a nasty chip on her shoulder. I said I wanted no more then an inch cut off, well she went to work. I went there expecting a wash cut and style but instead she just started spraying. My hair is very curly and I wear it straight and I tryed to tell her but she started chopping. After a half hour she turned me opposite of the mirror, over an hour it took for a trim. She was obviously trying to hide something because she through the cape over the vanity mirror and litterly shoved me towards the door. She charged me for only half the hair cut and left it wet and curly. I got home washed it blowdryed and flat ironed it and almost threw up with shock. Over 5 inches was gone! There was priced an inch off my head. And inch difference on either side, it was a hacked off croocked bob. I had also a white blonde shelf that was colored at the back under my black black hair that had takin forever to get. I had to color over it as only an inch was left at the back and looked ridiculous. I called the next day and asked for the manager. I tryed to complain and she hung up on me! My friend had to call because I was crying so hard. I went in and the manger got super snotty and said it was my fault because my hair was so thick and curly. I was 18! She wanted to no if I wanted her to even it out after she called me a lier. My hair was so bad and short the next thing would have been a pixy. I stormed out.

Oh my goodness!! It was your fault because your hair was so thick and curly!!? what an excuse!! Thats like us performing a wax on a customer who wasnt happy with the results and us saying 'its your fault because your bush was too thick and hairy!!' haha xx

I almost forgot about my eyelash extension experience. A salon in my area was running a special on eyelash extensions as it was a new treatment. I have worn strip eyelashes and individual eyelashes in the past. I've also been through training for eyelash extensions. The salon was advertising the "interlocking v technique" which I was familiar with because that was one of the training courses I'd been through. I was really excited because my lashes were short. When I got to the salon the tech greeted me, made me feel comfortable and did a consultation. I asked her how long she had been doing eyelash extensions, in which she stated "for quite a while". I felt comfortable with that. While she applied them, I didn't have any problems other than some burning and tearing. After about 2 hours she stated she was done and that I could sit up. Unfortunately the adhesive was not quite all dry. My eyes got stuck together, but the burning and tearing was really bad. I knew I'd probably have some burning but this was awful. Much more worse than when I've applied eyelash extensions to myself. After it cleared up, she handed me the mirror. I was absolutely mortified. I literally looked like I had tarantula legs glued to my eyelids. She used so much glue its no wonder my eyes stuck together. Her interlocking v technique needed a whole lot of work. My eyelids felt so heavy. I ran outta there. When I got home my boyfriend said, what the hell happened? He even thought it was awful and he doesn't normally notice any changes I've made. I wish I still had the pictures. Come to find out, the "quite a while" experience she had was not the truth. I was her third set of extensions! Its a good thing a had adhesive remover!

Sent from my Xoom using SalonGeek

Well if your boyfriend noticed then they must of been bad! My boyfriend doesnt notice anything lol! I have heard about these terrible eyelash experiences many of times, most of the customers said they lost lots of their own eyelashes aswell! Lucky you had the adhesive remover! x

What an awful experience!

Latest posts

Back