What waxing systems and products do you use and why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjg1

Reaction score
Hello geeks!
We are chaging the wax we use at the salon I'm currently working at and we have a couple of different warm and hot wax systems/products that we are choosing from. We use both warm and hot wax. I though I'd ask what everyone uses and see what one seems to be the most popular! I thought it may help us with our decision :biggrin:

I use Perron Rigot Wax - Cristal Ocean and Euroblonde and love them.
Hive wax heaters are great and I always have used them the digital ones are much better.

Jack

I have a double wax heater for "normal use" and a digital one for training or out of salon use and for me its pot and spatula on the hot and warm wax (bebeau).
Depending on what you have used before try getting a sample of the ones you are looking into but i would recommend to stay with the new generation of polymer waxes ie perron rigot, berins or bebeau as they are the most efficient and quickest for you to use and the most comfortable for your clients as they are applied at a low temperature and non irritant!

I use Hive and absolutely love it.
I have the Hive digital heater, it's good to be able to see what temperature you're really at and it also has a 'HI' setting which melts the wax down really quickly and then you can change the temperature to whatever you wish.

I find the waxes have great adhesion and never leave any hairs behind, the pre-wax and aftercare products are great too.

Well I tried everything and had all sorts of issues with various waxes over the years - I have now found what I think is the perfect wax (for me anyway). Berins blue no strip wax for facial, u/arms and bikini and Berins ease for legs. Had absolutely no problems and love working with them!

i use 'la reine blanche' maybe 15 years now. love it . got roller and cartridges last year and hate them. give me a spatula any day.

I use Berins blue wax for the non-strip wax and Cristal Ocean from Perron Rigot for the strip wax..Ive tried a few of the PR hot waxes but prefer Berins, its a bit more pliable, and the cristal goes on sooo thinly ... both are good to work with x

Hive heaters are great.

The best wax in my opinion is Perron Rigot Euroblonde (although they are ll great) and Perron Rigot Cristal Ocean. It goes on super thin and should look as though it's oil on the leg.

Hive digital single pot heaters. Hive roller heater (3 cartridge one).

Then Perron Rigot Euroblonde and Escential Green Tea.

Along with the others can't rave enough about them.

Mat

Also PR cleanser and oil and Outback Organics post wax.

I use Berins for non-strip wax after trying quite a few.
For strip wax I use salonserve tea-tree cream wax. For my roller wax for legs, I use salon systems.
You need to try a few and see what works for you.
I have tried loads and some are truly awful and some are great!

Thank u all for the replies.
We use a hive heater (we have 3 between us!) ive always used them as they are so reliable. We did recently start using the euroblonde for intimate waxing and i like that!
I will make a few calls and see if i can get a few samples to try from different companies to test out.
Thank u all its really helped! Will let u know what we go for :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I was once a PR Euroblond user and PR is a good wax but switched to Berins Blue (hot wax). I found that it remained pliablefor longer than PR. Also the price point for Berins is now better for us users as there is no longer VAT added to the price which is a bonus for small businesses who are not VAT regisered.

Berins ease is my choice of warm wax as once you are used to working a cream wax you can apply it super thinly. It is also quite an oily wax and therefor can apply to both legs arms at the same time and it won't set, making removal nice and easy and comfortable for your client.

I used Hive heaters for both warm and hot wax.

Last edited:
I use cetuem aromatherapy wax. It is lovely. I just love the after wax oil it smells beautiful and is really soothing and healing. x

I was once a PR Euroblond user and PR is a good wax but switched to Berins Blue (hot wax). I found that it remained pliablefor longer than PR. Also the price point for Berins is now better for us users as there is no longer VAT added to the price which is a bonus for small businesses who are not VAT regisered.

Berins ease is my choice of warm wax as once you are used to working a cream wax you can apply it super thinly. It is also quite an oily wax and therefor can apply to both legs arms at the same time and it won't set, making removal nice and easy and comfortable for your client.

I used Hive heaters for both warm and hot wax.
Can I ask why there will no longer be VAT added to the cost of the wax?

Jack

Hi Jack,

That isn't a question for me to answer I am afraid but I don't see that it particularly matters becuse therapists will be getting an even better deal than they were before.

Hi Jack,

That isn't a question for me to answer I am afraid but I don't see that it particularly matters becuse therapists will be getting an even better deal than they were before.
Hi Joe90,

Thanks for your reply; I was just curious as its my understanding that if our business is not Vat Registered then we cant offer services/products and state that they are " VAT Free" I may be wrong but I thought we were not allowed to do that - I may be wrong??..

I totally agree most therapists like a bargain and if its a better deal then thats great ...

Jack

All great info for someone about to re-buy their waxing kit... (See all the PhD posts...). However, don't do too much at the mo' as have built business around skincare stuff and all other local salons wax too (but at what standard? she asks....).

So PR looks like the wax and Hive the heater - but should I go for a double? If I'm using strip and non-strip waxes it seems that I need a double (and that fits the typical half leg and bikini client)...
What do other geeks think? And (unless you're KL) how is waxing comparing to clients requesting IPL?

That's just a bit of nosey question but helps me decide on level of investment! Thanks!

All great info for someone about to re-buy their waxing kit... (See all the PhD posts...). However, don't do too much at the mo' as have built business around skincare stuff and all other local salons wax too (but at what standard? she asks....).

So PR looks like the wax and Hive the heater - but should I go for a double? If I'm using strip and non-strip waxes it seems that I need a double (and that fits the typical half leg and bikini client)...
What do other geeks think? And (unless you're KL) how is waxing comparing to clients requesting IPL?

That's just a bit of nosey question but helps me decide on level of investment! Thanks!
I don't like double heater Little Voice as you need two 1000cc size heaters and doubles are usually a 1000 and a 500. Also, if one side breaks, you're stuck with the big thing. Get two 1000cc.

I get lots of clients who have IPL, so it really has no connection at all. IPL is still very expensive and not 100% effective.

Hi Little Voyce,
I have a double Hive heater and two single pots. I find the small container (500cc) really not big enough , I use it for extra hot wax and If I was using only the double heater on its own its not really big enough ; so I would recommend that you buy two single wax pots.

Also Im sure you will love the Perron Rigot waxes.

Good Luck Jack

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back