What would you do in this situation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It's not about what the competition offer. It's about her having booked a treatment, had it explained to her beforehand when she queried what it entailed, and her having given the go ahead for it, knowing the price.

Lots of my clients initially ask for a "manicure" when they actually want acrylic nails. Now my manicure is £15 whilst my acrylics are twice that. We discuss what is required and the price and we go ahead.

Same as here. Whatever it's called.

A pedicure is whatever the individual therapist or salon says it is.

Who is anyone else to say what it should entail.

In my own experience all clients ask for a pedicure when booking in for their feet/toes regardless of what service they require.

To the average client the word pedicure is like the word hoover - it covers every type of service regarding feet and it covers every make of vacuum cleaner.

Couldn't agree more :) x

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

I think you have done everything right. From the response you recieved i think she was trying it on and she knew it.

For the record, i think it is perfectly acceptable to call it a pedicure, especially if you have a description as most non-industry people classify all feet treatments as pedicures. I have my shellac pedicures described as Mini (cuticles, file, apply, oil), Flawless (also inc foot spa, scrub, hard skin removal, massage, moisturiser) and Deluxe (also inc paraffin wax) xx

I agree. It's not about what the competition offer. It's about her having booked a treatment, had it explained to her beforehand when she queried what it entailed, and her having given the go ahead for it, knowing the price.

Lots of my clients initially ask for a "manicure" when they actually want acrylic nails. Now my manicure is £15 whilst my acrylics are twice that. We discuss what is required and the price and we go ahead.

I completely agree

I agree too! If you've done your client consultation at the beginning of the service and discussed your clients requirements and agreed how to proceed then you call it what you will

Wow! £30 for Shellac toes in the Manchester area? No wonder she's miffed. I charge £25 and they get the foot file, exfoliation and massage included. Give her my number.

This doesn't come across well.

I don't agree. I think the client got confused about the term "scrubfresh" and knowing she was paying £30 in the Manchester area (not Champneys!) she expected more. The word pedicure was misleading too. I'm sorry but £30 for Shellac toes is astronomical round here, and I'm in an affluent part of Mankychester. :eek:

I had a client recently who had been to another salon previously and paid £30 for a pedi which only included nail prep, massage and normal varnish. She was livid! When she booked a pedi, she wanted the works. I drive past that salon every now and again and there's never anyone in there. I can't imagine why. Needless to say I now have a very loyal regular client. :Love:

It just doesn't seem very respectful to make fun of other people's pricing/business, unless they're inviting you to critique it.

This doesn't come across well.

We are being invited to critique it, that's the whole point of the thread. I'm not making fun, it's not funny in the slightest. In my opinion it's a rip off for round here which is why I can perfectly see the clients point of view. I don't think the client was trying it on, I think the client was upset because she was ripped off. I would have given said client what she wanted.

We are being invited to critique it, that's the whole point of the thread.

I thought we were being asked what to do in the given situation, not discuss whether the treatment was good value for money. :rolleyes:

I thought we were being asked what to do in the given situation, not discuss whether the treatment was good value for money. :rolleyes:

Ok, but it needs to be addressed as this is the reason why the client is upset. The OP needs to know why the client is upset and some posters have come up with the suggestion that it's the way the word pedicure could be misleading but call it what you want, in my opinion (and it's just my opinion) the treatment was too expensive which explains why the client expected a full pedi. During consultation the client probably felt awkward in backing out, perhaps she doesn't like confrontation and therefore went ahead with it. But then coming home she was probably so wound up that she had to let the therapist know.

Personally I can really relate to the client's behaviour. I have done the same when receiving bad service or rubbish food in restaurants, grin and bear it and then fire off an email or letter later in pent up anger.

I think you are being a little out of order here. We are all entitled to charge what we feel we are worth and just because you charge less gives you no right to say that the op is overcharging! A little respect required!

I think you are being a little out of order here. We are all entitled to charge what we feel we are worth and just because you charge less gives you no right to say that the op is overcharging! A little respect required!

I thought the op might want to know why the client is upset. Might be helpful for future clients. Sorry if my opinion is offensive but it just might be a possibility. In the client's email, does she not refer to being able to get the treatment for less elsewhere?

We are being invited to critique it, that's the whole point of the thread. I'm not making fun, it's not funny in the slightest. In my opinion it's a rip off for round here which is why I can perfectly see the clients point of view. I don't think the client was trying it on, I think the client was upset because she was ripped off. I would have given said client what she wanted.

Um let's try and keep this professional. I don't think for one minute anyone is ripping anyone off. The op has clearly told the client what her treatment involves- which is backed up by her email from the client herself. If the client, no sorry the client chose to proceed with the treatment, you can't then complain it's not what you wanted it too be and ask for a refund when you've been told what the treatment entails. We are allowed as an industry to set our own prices, if a client doesn't feel they're getting the bang for their buck they want then that is up to them to not use a service.

I don't think the op was asking us to critique her prices, she was asking for advice on a client claiming she had wrongly advertised.

I don't think it looks particularly good other techs accusing others of ripping a client off- please remember this is a public forum :)

Love n hugs x x

Um let's try and keep this professional. I don't think for one minute anyone is ripping anyone off. The op has clearly told the client what her treatment involves- which is backed up by her email from the client herself. If the client, no sorry the client chose to proceed with the treatment, you can't then complain it's not what you wanted it too be and ask for a refund when you've been told what the treatment entails. We are allowed as an industry to set our own prices, if a client doesn't feel they're getting the bang for their buck they want then that us up to them to not use a service.

I don't think the op was asking us to critique her prices, she was asking for advice on a client claiming she had wrongly advertised.

I don't think it looks particularly good other techs accusing others of ripping a client off- please remember this is a public forum :)

Love n hugs x x

I agree the client shouldn't get a refund. She has the right to complain but I feel that once she's paid and walked out of the salon it's too late. I agree with all that, definitely. But still, I can see why the client is upset....blah blah blah, I won't go on again. :rolleyes:

Um let's try and keep this professional. I don't think for one minute anyone is ripping anyone off. The op has clearly told the client what her treatment involves- which is backed up by her email from the client herself. If the client, no sorry the client chose to proceed with the treatment, you can't then complain it's not what you wanted it too be and ask for a refund when you've been told what the treatment entails. We are allowed as an industry to set our own prices, if a client doesn't feel they're getting the bang for their buck they want then that is up to them to not use a service.

Love n hugs x x

Here here! Couldn't agree more!

To those assuming the client paid £30 for the shellac toes - she didn't. The op has posted the client didn't want to pay £30 for a full-on shellac pedicure. Therefore she received the treatment she was only willing to pay for. The op also doesn't mention scrubfresh on her website - she cleared that up in a later post. I know 6 pages is a lot to read but surely we should read all of the posts on here before slamming the op wrongly for her pricing & wording? Or am I wrong?

Sent from my U8815 using SalonGeek

To those assuming the client paid £30 for the shellac toes - she didn't. The op has posted the client didn't want to pay £30 for a full-on shellac pedicure. Therefore she received the treatment she was only willing to pay for. The op also doesn't mention scrubfresh on her website - she cleared that up in a later post. I know 6 pages is a lot to read but surely we should read all of the posts on here before slamming the op wrongly for her pricing & wording? Or am I wrong?

Completelyvagree!

You are right, I agree. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I emailed her back saying that when i asked if she wanted the luxury pedicure she said no if really she wanted one, i also said if she would like to come back i would offer her a luxury pedicure for £xx.xx

I got a reply back saying,
alldo u did a lovely job of my toes i wouldnt feel comfortable comin back after causin trouble and i said no so i could have it cheaper than £30!

I was absolutley mortified when i received this email back. i havent even bothered to reply.
confused!

I must have misunderstood about the £30. The above makes very little sense to me and what I could understand from it, I have obviously misinterpreted. sorry, it's not a language I'm familiar with. I looked up alldo, causin and comin in the dictionary but couldn't find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back