What would you do in this situation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of order!

Sometimes the customer is actually right and I can see why the client was cheesed off. The op stated she was "scrubfreshing" which for those who don't know could well mean scrubbing the foot! This is a distinctive miscommunication on the part of the OP.

We all have our opinion on what is right and wrong about this situation but I think this thread should be closed, as some people are just being too personal and rude about the op

I must have misunderstood about the £30. The above makes very little sense to me and what I could understand from it, I have obviously misinterpreted. sorry, it's not a language I'm familiar with. I looked up alldo, causin and comin in the dictionary but couldn't find them.
I don't think the OP is responsible for her client's spelling or lack thereof! It is a direct quote from the client, having a teenager I assume alldo means all though and causin and comin are obviously missing Gs on the end not rocket science just text speak! I agree with Wellyb that some posts are getting a little personal towards the OP this is a friendly helpful site. That's why we all love it so much!

I think the way some of you have replied on here is a joke. It seems a few of you just want an excuse to put the OP down. If a pedicure is more then just prepping then why does the P in PEP stand for perfume a manicure? And when jan Arnold does the CND videos she says perform a manicure and this is where she does her cuticle work? I think a pedicure is whatever you want it to be as jaqulineanna says. And the OP also says that on her website it says the option to upgrade to a luxury pedi is available. The OP also says she didn't mention anything about scrubfreshing on her website so there is no miscommunication. And she did NOT charge her £30 for the service, the client didn't want to pay £30 for the luxury shellac so she didn't. And why should she offer her a free treatment? She got exactly what she paid for!

I don't see how the OP is wrong in this instance. I also think the way some of you has replied is ridiculous and I wonder if you would be so quick to open your mouth if this was facee to face. Or is it just because you are behind a screen and no one knows who you are. It might be good for some of you to remember the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say nothing". Also make sure you have the facts before slamming the OP, have a read up the thread and you will see.

No wonder so many people just lurk on here and don't actually reply with so many catty girls.

I think the way some of you have replied on here is a joke. It seems a few of you just want an excuse to put the OP down. If a pedicure is more then just prepping then why does the P in PEP stand for perfume a manicure? And when jan Arnold does the CND videos she says perform a manicure and this is where she does her cuticle work? I think a pedicure is whatever you want it to be as jaqulineanna says. And the OP also says that on her website it says the option to upgrade to a luxury pedi is available. The OP also says she didn't mention anything about scrubfreshing on her website so there is no miscommunication. And she did NOT charge her £30 for the service, the client didn't want to pay £30 for the luxury shellac so she didn't. And why should she offer her a free treatment? She got exactly what she paid for!

I don't see how the OP is wrong in this instance. I also think the way some of you has replied is ridiculous and I wonder if you would be so quick to open your mouth if this was facee to face. Or is it just because you are behind a screen and no one knows who you are. It might be good for some of you to remember the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say nothing". Also make sure you have the facts before slamming the OP, have a read up the thread and you will see.

No wonder so many people just lurk on here and don't actually reply with so many catty girls.

Agreed, x

Sent from my U8815 using SalonGeek

Hi offer shellac on toes only or shellac pedicure or have the ultimate luxury shellac pedicure, I know it sounds a lot to put on a pricelist but it works really well for me and the same with manicures, I have the clients ringing and asking for a specific one so no confusion x I wouldn't give her a refund. X

I agree whole heartedly! This has really made me quite cross! Totally uncalled for and unprofessional

There should be no confusion. The client asked is there not a scrub and whatever included in the pedicure I booked for. OP says no that was the luxury pedi would you like that instead and she says no. Where is the confusion will someone please tell me?

I agree whole heartedly! This has really made me quite cross! Totally uncalled for and unprofessional

I am actually feeling quite wound up by it aswell. So unprofessional and comments on things that aren't even necessary. Like price.

Last edited:
Sometimes the customer is actually right and I can see why the client was cheesed off. The op stated she was "scrubfreshing" which for those who don't know could well mean scrubbing the foot! This is a distinctive miscommunication on the part of the OP.

At what point did the op say this?? It's not on her website and she never said that she told the client this.

May I suggest that anyone else adding to this thread reads all the posts before making any judgments. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I don't agree. I think the client got confused about the term "scrubfresh" and knowing she was paying £30 in the Manchester area (not Champneys!) she expected more. The word pedicure was misleading too. I'm sorry but £30 for Shellac toes is astronomical round here, and I'm in an affluent part of Mankychester. :eek:

I had a client recently who had been to another salon previously and paid £30 for a pedi which only included nail prep, massage and normal varnish. She was livid! When she booked a pedi, she wanted the works. I drive past that salon every now and again and there's never anyone in there. I can't imagine why. Needless to say I now have a very loyal regular client. :Love:

If the OP feels her service is worth £30 (which hasnt even been clarified), which I am sure she feels it is, then why shouldn't she charge this?
I am sure the OP did her research when she was setting her prices. Good for her for doing it and making it work for her. I charge higher than average and I am fully booked. Its not down to the OP if you don't feel your service is worth the same amount.
If you dont have anything constructive to add......

Last edited:

Read the post. She never put this in her advert....she wrote that mistakenly on here and then addressed the issue.

Are some people reading what they only want to read?

The OP told the client what she would be having done when the client queried the pedicure. The client went ahead knowing she would be getting a normal shellac service without the luxury pedi added on!

I don't see the problem here, the client was informed of what she would be getting and paid for it. She was trying to be a cheap client. The OP has done nothing wrong, also it is up to her If she wanted to charge £100 for her pedi or £30. It's her business so if she can charge £30 for a shellac application then good!! Too many people worrying about what others charge and someone who is charging £30 for a shellac then FairPlay! I'm sure you would all be moaning if she was charging £10.

OP you did nothing wrong, carry in as you are! X x x

Well obviously we're not allowed to have an opinion if it is not in the majority on here. For goodness sake the op called her shellac toes service a "pedicure" when, as someone pointed out the definition from Wikipedia, it wasn't actually what is defined as a pedicure. That's why she was worried she was gonna get done for false advertising!

I must have misunderstood about the £30. The above makes very little sense to me and what I could understand from it, I have obviously misinterpreted. sorry, it's not a language I'm familiar with. I looked up alldo, causin and comin in the dictionary but couldn't find them.

Seriously?! Come on, let's keep this nice. If you have an issue with things such as this, please report text speak to admin or ask the OP to correct it.

Happy Friday Geekies :Love:

Well obviously we're not allowed to have an opinion if it is not in the majority on here. For goodness sake the op called her shellac toes service a "pedicure" when, as someone pointed out the definition from Wikipedia, it wasn't actually what is defined as a pedicure. That's why she was worried she was gonna get done for false advertising!

Correct me if I'm wrong but Wikipedia can be changed by anyone. And since when was the information on there took as gospel? A pedicure is whatever you want it to be. All I'm saying is people are going on about her service being £30 when it wasn't even that, it was the luxury one.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Wikipedia can be changed by anyone. And since when was the information on there took as gospel? A pedicure is whatever you want it to be. All I'm saying is people are going on about her service being £30 when it wasn't even that, it was the luxury one.

Oh my goodness I've heard it all now. Oh and from what I've read it was only 1 person who mentioned the price not "people". Then you all descended on her like a pack of wolves coz she dared to differ from the majority opinion.

The OP thought she had made a mistake with her wording which was the whole point of her post, asking for people's opinions of the situation. There was no need to start bullying people into submission if their view differs from your own.

Oh my goodness I've heard it all now. Oh and from what I've read it was only 1 person who mentioned the price not "people". Then you all descended on her like a pack of wolves coz she dared to differ from the majority opinion.

The OP thought she had made a mistake with her wording which was the whole point of her post, asking for people's opinions of the situation. There was no need to start bullying people into submission if their view differs from your own.

She then said she hadn't made a mistake yet people still went on about it. There's no bullying going on here, just a discussion. As you say everyone is entitled to an opinion and I just voiced mines along with some other people.

If you think anything else I have said is out of order then you can PM me. I am not discussing this one on one with you. And I didn't pin point anyone in my post, it was in general

It's threads like this that make me wish I was admin on here. I hope one comes along soon as closes this thread its gone on too far now.

The question has been asked, answers and opinions given. Lots of stressing and bitching has also gone on. I'm sure the OP has got what she asked for so why the arguing is still going on I will never know.

xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back