What would YOU do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's not happy her mahogany/red panels look more gold !

Two washes with that Paul Mitchell cack she won't even see them.

She's not happy her mahogany/red panels look more gold !

I thought that too! I met her in Whetherspoons and said "thought you were avin red bits they look more orange" so she had rung up and complained :)

Like bothered?? She wanted pink and white I gave her pink white and orange :)

LMAO!!!

I guess she should be glad of the third colour for free!

We shouldn't joke about it really ... At Christmas we changed Brazilian blowdry lotions to one we hadn't really tested (due to time constraints) and it sent a very well to do client canary yellow! Luckily she was too pissed to notice and we booked her back in for the "second phase" which must be done "24 hours later" (gulp)!

Actually...there's a point, what's the biggest ever screw up you ever did with a colour? Believe it or not, I once did have the cap come off with the highlights!!! That alone should show you how long ago it was , but I thought I could hide it (in my young stupid days) but its very hard to hide hilights that your client is watching fall off her head every time you make a pass with your brush during the blowdry! They literally were just falling off the brush and onto her gown. I recall her picking them up and asking me if that was her hair, and I was like "Oh, it will be fine! Everyone loses a few hilights at first so I put more in to compensate!"

OMG ... I would sack myself if I saw that happen to one of my clients by a staff member today! 19 and stupid!!!

I redid them earlier with 5/8 and 6/46 which is what led me to eat 2 cheesecakes ;)

She wanted red/ mahogany !

LMAO!!!

I guess she should be glad of the third colour for free!

We shouldn't joke about it really ... At Christmas we changed Brazilian blowdry lotions to one we hadn't really tested (due to time constraints) and it sent a very well to do client canary yellow! Luckily she was too pissed to notice and we booked her back in for the "second phase" which must be done "24 hours later" (gulp)!

Actually...there's a point, what's the biggest ever screw up you ever did with a colour? Believe it or not, I once did have the cap come off with the highlights!!! That alone should show you how long ago it was , but I thought I could hide it (in my young stupid days) but its very hard to hide hilights that your client is watching fall off her head every time you make a pass with your brush during the blowdry! They literally were just falling off the brush and onto her gown. I recall her picking them up and asking me if that was her hair, and I was like "Oh, it will be fine! Everyone loses a few hilights at first so I put more in to compensate!"

OMG ... I would sack myself if I saw that happen to one of my clients by a staff member today! 19 and stupid!!!

Never really had a disaster with colour! Yes things haven't come out as expected and I've rectified it but never a disaster like that!!
I had a blow dry disaster, trust me she was nearly bond when I was done but its a really really long story lol

Never really had a disaster with colour! Yes things haven't come out as expected and I've rectified it but never a disaster like that!!
I had a blow dry disaster, trust me she was nearly bond when I was done but its a really really long story lol

Bald!! For gods sake!

Clearly. We all highlighted her. It was only you that slapped bleach all over her head, then was forced to add red bits to stop her looking like a boiled egg.
Now she looks like a boiled egg with its head kicked in.

My client is swishing her hair happily and has bought £500 worth of hair products cos she loves it so much.

I sold her hilights for the next time! With a cap (for nostalgia reasons) lol

You didn't mention your 6 month plan ... I bet you even forgot to rebook her in your joy at a rare retail sale PMSL!

:)

I redid them earlier with 5/8 and 6/46 which is what led me to eat 2 cheesecakes ;)

You had to reapply to your own scenario?

Oh my days! Lol!

I am having such fun tonight!

;)

You screwed up a blowdry? That makes my young colour disaster (purely down to falling asleep in the staff room for 2 hours with a hangover) seem tiny!

Tell us!!!

How many have you had you can't spell tonight lol !!! X

Four red wines..
I've had to cut caps off in my days and was very good at convincing people that bleeding for foils was a good sign I had it close to the roots ;)

You screwed up a blowdry? That makes my young colour disaster (purely down to falling asleep in the staff room for 2 hours with a hangover) seem tiny!

Tell us!!!

Really really long story and it wasn't my fault!!

You had to reapply to your own scenario?

Oh my days! Lol!

I am having such fun tonight!

;)

I'm in turkey!! Gimme a break... Meanwhile your client is putting an email together for you as her canary yellow blowdry has to send away as you forget her aftercare ;) x

I retailed her Moroccan oil moisture repair shampoo and conditioner ;)

She's livid. Said she's just been on eBay and its half the price. She is accusing you of ripping her off and wonders how on earth you had the ordacity to charge her for the colour when her friend said its only a tenner in Sally's!

;)

By the way ... She's suing all of us as we never skin tested her first! OMG!

I sold her hilights for the next time! With a cap (for nostalgia reasons) lol

You didn't mention your 6 month plan ... I bet you even forgot to rebook her in your joy at a rare retail sale PMSL!

Of course I rebooked her. She loved her blowdry so much she has booked in 3 times a week for evermore.

I have done sooo many screwups over the years, it would be embarrassing to list them all. I do however learn from them. I too melted hair pulled through a cap. It was my best mate though, so I just laughed so hard I couldn't breathe, and asked if she wanted to take her highlights home in a bag.

Four red wines..
I've had to cut caps off in my days and was very good at convincing people that bleeding for foils was a good sign I had it close to the roots ;)

How the hell did you manage that? Totally in awe! You 'sold' them bleeding? I bet you even charged extra!

Lol

Latest posts

Back