What would YOU do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohh good my team building exercise worked then :0) were happy geeks again! Well I will be when I get some TIGI Reborn ;)

I'll send you a doggy bag ;)

Omg I have just been reading through this crying with laughter with my fella looking at me like I've gone completely mad! Thanks geeks, needed cheering up after the week I've had! :)

Must sleep and get off salon geek I am spinning at 8am!

Im going to add a little horror story to these as Im crying with laughter over them!

My first job as a stylist.......Lady comes in with full head bleach H/L. She wanted her roots doing but as to me it looked nearly blonde and I couldn't be arsed with doing a full head as she had really thick hair, so I said oh lets just do a full head bleach and take you blonde, as your nearly there now. Well I applied the bleach and 9% (yes I know it should be 6% but anyways) and that was that. Roots lifted white....dum dum dum.....mid lengths was yellow and ends were ginger. Anyways I took her over to the backwash and applied 10/8 with some extra 0/88, why I don't know, but anyways I put the toner on and I had to go to reception as everyone was out for lunch, so im standing at reception talking about products when I realized I left my client with a toner on! I ran back and she was a lovely bright blue.......she looked like a smurf. Needless to say she didn't come back and put a lovely complaint in about me, which I don't blame her for! My god I nearly cried! alone in the salon with a smurf! NEVER AGAIN!

I've spent 10 years trying to forget this one, but seeing as we're admitting how stupid we've been in the past.
I was nearly qualified in level 2 just waiting for my perms. I was working on the shop floor as an improver.
My client had 100% white hair, wanted a golden blonde.
I decided to do 10.3 we didn't have any but as i was practicly qualified I didn't need to ask for help I could make my own.
So 1/2 10.0 1/2 gold mix tone 9% all over colour. As its developing she asks if its meant to look that yellow I assured her it should and when I wash it off it will look perfect.
Anyway I rinsed it off and there was some luminous yellow hair looking at me.
Luckily she believed that the bleach bath and toner was a complementary treatment because she had a colour done.
Thanks to the colour tech she left with a gorgeous colour.

I don't know if I really should be telling anyone this as I too had been trying to forget it!

I had only just qualified and in a new job (about 2weeks), a client came in for a really short crop, she wanted it shaved up the back.... Well the clipper guard fell off right in the middle at the back and left a nice baldy patch EEEKKKK I somehow managed to show her the back without her seeing it, she carried in coming back to me for years as she loved the way I cut her hair.... Seems like no one else had the heart to tell her otherwise either :( thank god that was 15 years ago lol

I don't know if I really should be telling anyone this as I too had been trying to forget it!

I had only just qualified and in a new job (about 2weeks), a client came in for a really short crop, she wanted it shaved up the back.... Well the clipper guard fell off right in the middle at the back and left a nice baldy patch EEEKKKK I somehow managed to show her the back without her seeing it, she carried in coming back to me for years as she loved the way I cut her hair.... Seems like no one else had the heart to tell her otherwise either :( thank god that was 15 years ago lol

I did this to my grandad just before my wedding. I didnt tell him and on all the wedding videos all you can focus on is the 80 year old man with the bald square at the back of his head :(

I've spent 10 years trying to forget this one, but seeing as we're admitting how stupid we've been in the past.
I was nearly qualified in level 2 just waiting for my perms. I was working on the shop floor as an improver.
My client had 100% white hair, wanted a golden blonde.
I decided to do 10.3 we didn't have any but as i was practicly qualified I didn't need to ask for help I could make my own.
So 1/2 10.0 1/2 gold mix tone 9% all over colour. As its developing she asks if its meant to look that yellow I assured her it should and when I wash it off it will look perfect.
Anyway I rinsed it off and there was some luminous yellow hair looking at me.
Luckily she believed that the bleach bath and toner was a complementary treatment because she had a colour done.
Thanks to the colour tech she left with a gorgeous colour.

This has put a smile on my face! I did something similar before Xmas ;( thankfully I rectified it without the client knowing....but I used to much /33 mix master in with 8/0 GLOWING!! Soon put it right with and 0/28

This has put a smile on my face! I did something similar before Xmas ;( thankfully I rectified it without the client knowing....but I used to much /33 mix master in with 8/0 GLOWING!! Soon put it right with and 0/28

I remember this. You mouthing over to me 'shes going canary yellow' and us giggling at the basin! 'im just going to take the colour through now..........

This thread has made me laugh so much! I havent got a disaster as of yet, but when i was at college my friend left her clients highlights on too long and they got washed down the basin :/ and the remainder got blowdryed out. Ill never forgot the look of fear in her eyes!

I remember this. You mouthing over to me 'shes going canary yellow' and us giggling at the basin! 'im just going to take the colour through now..........

Lmao funny!!

Ok get ya teeth into this one ;)
This is a scenario not a real client!

Previous colour bleach 20vol 2 foil packets 7/3 10vol 1 foil packet full head for over 6 months ends quite warm from pollution etc

Client with 1" base 6 regrowth with 40% grey now would like light ash blonde full head without bleach! With some red/mahogany panelling!

How would you do it? And what would you use?
For the full head ash colour (as I'm a non smoker) I'd have to rub a load of talc through her hair.. Not the low end tesco value stuff but some good Lily of the Valley pretty packaged stuff my nana gave me a few years ago.

If she wasn't happy with my efforts if have to shave her head (and possibly eyebrows) and get the glue and wool out.. I'm sure I could get a full head of thick hair in the almost exact colour she was after then plait her a new set of eyebrows.

Now I'm not a hair geek but I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread so thought I'd chip in too ;)

Latest posts

Back