what's been the best book for you nail geeks x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered mine from Mundo on Sunday and it has already been delivered this morning, excellent service!! I'm going to sit down and read it as soon as I have finished browsing this site.

Nailclass by gigi and encyclopedia of nails by Jacqui Jefford and Anne Swain, The complete Nail Technician by Marion Newman all excellent books.

Mine is the complete nail technician, 2nd edition and Gigi's Nail class too.

I am after the Doug Schoon's book on chemistry next.

Mine is the complete nail technician, 2nd edition and Gigi's Nail class too.

I am after the Doug Schoon's book on chemistry next.
i see this one on amazon today hth xxxx:green:

Remember all that 'nailclass' is not just a good read ... it is a workbook.

'Nailclass' is a book that is dedicated to teaching the techniques that make your work in the salon both efficient and beautiful.

You need to sit with it and work along with it chapter by chapter until you get the techniques down and mastered.

Just reading through the book will not help you to learn the techniques.

'nailclass' is not a text book. It will not tell you how to set up your table or what the local council demands of you.

It will teach you how to do beautiful work if you work with it.

By the way, lizbird, my name is pronounced with a soft G as if you were saying it the French way. Gigi as in the film by that name. :)

There isn't enough room to list all of my books- I have a literal library. My students are allowed to "borrow" from the library provided they do not leave the library. If there is a paticular article, chapter or book they are interested in, I have been known to make arrangements with copy right for that article or chapter and copy for them or send them a link to buy the book for themselves.

Pivot Point International just published their Salon Fundamentals Nail Technology text book, I'm impressed, it is one of the most comprehensive up to date technical or student texts I've come across in quite some time. That's the book my next nail class will be using, great teacher support material, experiements, examples and photos to help involve learning some of the most boring materials.

Top 3 picks-
Nailclass (easy to get- I refer people to the site often)
Nail Structure and Product Chemistry
The Salon Fundamentals Nail Technology text

Remember all that 'nailclass' is not just a good read ... it is a workbook.

'Nailclass' is a book that is dedicated to teaching the techniques that make your work in the salon both efficient and beautiful.

You need to sit with it and work along with it chapter by chapter until you get the techniques down and mastered.

Just reading through the book will not help you to learn the techniques.

'nailclass' is not a text book. It will not tell you how to set up your table or what the local council demands of you.

It will teach you how to do beautiful work if you work with it.

By the way, lizbird, my name is pronounced with a soft G as if you were saying it the French way. Gigi as in the film by that name. :)
thanks for that geeg...will treasure my book ....it will be my bible!!xxx

I'm a sad geek - I received Nail Structure and Product Chemistry by Doug Schoon for Mothers Day this year, spent most of the day with my nose in it, lol!!!! I've also got Nailclass and The Complete Nail Technician......

I'm a sad geek - I received Nail Structure and Product Chemistry by Doug Schoon for Mothers Day this year, spent most of the day with my nose in it, lol!!!! I've also got Nailclass and The Complete Nail Technician......

Three very different books with completely different content! Should about cover everything. :lol:

Latest posts

Back