What's she using?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a little TLC

Reaction score
A technician close to me is on holiday for 4 weeks and I have had a few of her clients coming to me for Bio Sculpture removal and reapplication...

...well, her clients nails are indeed done with Bio but they are stuck on like cement!!!

What do you think she is using?

I have used pure acteone and heat mitts to remove gels but it doesn't just come of in one piece like my Bio clients, it has to be scrapped and still leaves gel?? behind.

Tina
x

Sounds like shes using some type of bonder first, I do calgel and had a lady once who had bio on so I started to soak of as usual and they just wouldn't budge had to buff them of in the end. Client told me that the bio tech painted something on her nails first before the bio gel.:idea:

Maybe she uses S gel to seal?

I find that really hard to soak off so I never use it!

S Gel doesn't make that much difference to soaking off so long as you break the seal as usual.

I had exactly the same thing happen to me two months ago. One of my clients had been coming to me for waxing for a couple of years and had her nails done by a mobile tech for convenience. The tech no longer wanted to work evenings or week ends so my client booked in with me. When I soaked them off it took me 45 minutes just to get the gel off. The gel was definately a bio colour gel but it did not go rubbery and soft. It was hard work.

My client believed that the other tech had gone through the same process as me so I said that it would be interesting to see how the nails soak off after I had applied the new set.

She came in three weeks later, nails soaked off and all prep done in 30 minutes.

The client was very impressed and said that the new set of nails had felt much more natural.

I have no idea what the other nail tech used!!!!!

Jacqui xxx

The thing painted on first is executive base that's meant to help lift the bio when soaking off.

If uv topcoat is used over s gel or sealer gel then this needs to be buffed to break the seal before soak off or the overlay will take ages to come off.

Hope this helps

It definately wasn't UV gel that had been used on my particular client. I use that gel all the time.

Not sure about the OP.

Jacqui xx

Maybe the base coat was overcured sometimes that can make it harder to remove also if gel was applied slightly thicker?

Neither of those things would make the kind of difference I experienced.

Jacqui xx

Maybe it's best ringing and asking bio if your struggling with it, or waiting for the tech to return and asking what she applies and how

I think we may be at crossed purposes.

I am not struggling with Bio Sculpture I have been using it for over 7 years and very happy with it. I was curious as to another nail techs work that definately included a step in the process which is not part of the BioSculpture range.

I do not know the nail tech and am not disrespecting her work, just curious as to what else had been added into the mix.

Thank you so much though for your thoughts and suggestions.

Jacqui xx

A technician close to me is on holiday for 4 weeks and I have had a few of her clients coming to me for Bio Sculpture removal and reapplication...

...well, her clients nails are indeed done with Bio but they are stuck on like cement!!!

What do you think she is using?

I have used pure acteone and heat mitts to remove gels but it doesn't just come of in one piece like my Bio clients, it has to be scrapped and still leaves gel?? behind.

Tina
x

So sorry, I seem to have got carried away with my own client's nails!! Didn't mean to hi-jack your thread.

Jacqui xx

Maybe it's best ringing and asking bio if your struggling with it, or waiting for the tech to return and asking what she applies and how

Miss Piggy,

Kind of got sucked into thinking it was my thread about my client's nails lol

Your answer of course could have been for me but it was more likely to have been for the original poster little TLC!!!

Your suggestions were good though whoever they were meant for.

Jacqui xx

Thanks for the replies girls.

It defiantly was something the tech done that we Bio ladies do not use.

I also use exec base and that actually makes soak off easier - so not that!?

I also thought that if her clients expected their nails to last 3 months...yes 3 months a client had hers on!!!...perhaps i should be using it too so they get the same results?

tina
x

Miss Piggy,

Kind of got sucked into thinking it was my thread about my client's nails lol

Your answer of course could have been for me but it was more likely to have been for the original poster little TLC!!!

Your suggestions were good though whoever they were meant for.

Jacqui xx

No worries I was only trying to help tlc and didn't mean to offend anyone.

No offence taken sweetie xx :Love:

Hi Tina, I wonder if she is using Bio Sculpture colour gel over a buff off builder gel?

Do the first few layers of the gel come away nicely (like Bio Sculpture) but then you are left with a layer or two of clear or pink that is still attached?

It does seem like that.

Edges all nicely lifted when soaking off but free edge and middle...:mad:

It does seem like that.

Edges all nicely lifted when soaking off but free edge and middle...:mad:

It does sound like that is what she is doing to get the extra strength for them to last so long.

I have done this with mine to extend sometimes, as the buff off builder is a lot stronger.

When she redoes their nails does she always remove ALL or just the top layers then apply colour back over the buff off?

It does sound like that is what she is doing to get the extra strength for them to last so long.

I have done this with mine to extend sometimes, as the buff off builder is a lot stronger.

When she redoes their nails does she always remove ALL or just the top layers then apply colour back over the buff off?

No idea, sorry...

I'm hoping they will come back to me for nails but if my sets are not lasting as long as they are used too I don't think they will use me again, so.... would love to know what she might be using.

What is a buff off builder?!

No idea, sorry...

I'm hoping they will come back to me for nails but if my sets are not lasting as long as they are used too I don't think they will use me again, so.... would love to know what she might be using.

What is a buff off builder?!

I'll show you when I see you on Tuesday.

Hope you have booked out some play time too, got lots to show you.x .....

Latest posts

Back