Whats the "in" colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missgiggles

Reaction score
After getting my student bag out , and got my OPI polishes out , painting away , i was thinking to my self,
what is the "in" colour for this season? do clients follow the "in" colour?

How do you find out whats the colour of this season? is there nail magazines out , what tells you this?

Or am i best getting a huge collection of polishes , of all different colours?

After getting my student bag out , and got my OPI polishes out , painting away , i was thinking to my self,
what is the "in" colour for this season? do clients follow the "in" colour?

How do you find out whats the colour of this season? is there nail magazines out , what tells you this?

Or am i best getting a huge collection of polishes , of all different colours?

Scratch magazine, or other leading beauty mags also mention nail colour trends. I find they are seasonal and obvious sometimes, winter = warm colours warm teals, oranges browns beiges etc,,winter = cranberrys deep reds sparkly reds, etc,,,,spring lemons, pinks, summer electric pinks corals, but usually will differenciate in depth and hue. xx

thank you very much !! i think i will pop out tommorow with a list of colours x

Jessica bring out seasonal collections with the trend colours in, normally four collections or so a year, each with 6 colours in. They also e-mail a newsletter which has colour trends in & suggest colour matches, plus when the rep comes in she also keeps me up-to-datw with colour fashions and other nail art fashions I might be interested in. Between that and reading the magazines it keeps me on the ball!

Always stock a good selection of colours. A lot of people don't follow trends when it comes to this sort of thing. But for those who do, stock up on the seasonal colours from whichever brands you use. I think metallic autumn colours will be popular for the next few months. Also, OPI have a suede effect polish that people seem to love :)

Keep your eyes open in the fashion magazines. In Style is a good one that wil give you the seasons colours in clothing. If you look in stores like Next, M&S, H&M etc and see the colours of what people are wearing. The nail polish companies bring out Seasonal collections of up to about 12 colours. If you can select a few of these each season then you will impress your clients by being able to match what they are wearing when they see you. This will just give you the edge on your competitors, my clients will always ask me what is coming up next season!

Always keep your other core colours though as you will have your more conservative clients who prefer the classics! :green:

Like shedunlop said :)
while there are classic colors that fit most clients and most seanons like the classic reds pinks browns,golds, purples & French that we all know and love there are seasonal ones to.
sometimes it's something really simple like getting a good Matte top coat that will bring a whole new life to the colors we already have ,
matte is looked of as quite winterish like frost , butif you had a matte pink nail and did a normal shiney top coat on the tip you would make something very summer :)

I find as techs we end up with sooooo many bottle lotions potions and tools and alot of it will sit in the draw and not see the light of day year after year lol

I'm an artistic person I love color so I'm shure you know I had to get every color, bling and shade for along time!

But when CND brought out colours & effects I was not impressed I didn't run out and get them I wasn't fussed! Because I'd been putting glitter top coats ect over polish for years , nouthing new I thought !I even rember telling another geek that...I was so WRONG!

They are amazing! There's 55?? Colors and 15 effects with them there are over 800 diffrent combos! How good is that ? Then there's the matte top coat to change everything again!

And 2? Times a year they bring out "the look" 1 color 1 effect to add to it!

Once I got used to them I managed to clear out the rest ! As I now have every combo I could need for every event or season!

Sorry for the long woffle! There's passion there lol xxx
only your imagination can get in the way :)

mizzy_dizzy-albums-other+stuff-picture31101-marbling-something-i-havent-ever-really-fussed-last-night-after-seeing-petrol-stained-puddles-street-i-thought-id-have-play-lol-i-used-ink-well-effects.jpg

Last edited:
Earthy colours are very on trend for this Autumn/winter. Taupes/teals/brown/greige/purples/dark reds x

Like shedunlop said :)
while there are classic colors that fit most clients and most seanons like the classic reds pinks browns,golds, purples & French that we all know and love there are seasonal ones to.
sometimes it's something really simple like getting a good Matte top coat that will bring a whole new life to the colors we already have ,
matte is looked of as quite winterish like frost , butif you had a matte pink nail and did a normal shiney top coat on the tip you would make something very summer :)

I find as techs we end up with sooooo many bottle lotions potions and tools and alot of it will sit in the draw and not see the light of day year after year lol

I'm an artistic person I love color so I'm shure you know I had to get every color, bling and shade for along time!

But when CND brought out colours & effects I was not impressed I didn't run out and get them I wasn't fussed! Because I'd been putting glitter top coats ect over polish for years , nouthing new I thought !I even rember telling another geek that...I was so WRONG!

They are amazing! There's 55?? Colors and 15 effects with them there are over 800 diffrent combos! How good is that ? Then there's the matte top coat to change everything again!

And 2? Times a year they bring out "the look" 1 color 1 effect to add to it!

Once I got used to them I managed to clear out the rest ! As I now have every combo I could need for every event or season!

Sorry for the long woffle! There's passion there lol xxx
only your imagination can get in the way :)

mizzy_dizzy-albums-other+stuff-picture31101-marbling-something-i-havent-ever-really-fussed-last-night-after-seeing-petrol-stained-puddles-street-i-thought-id-have-play-lol-i-used-ink-well-effects.jpg

These look amazing! Any chance you could tell us how you did them? Was it freehand marbling or are they like foils/wraps?

Loving them! :D:D:D

These look amazing! Any chance you could tell us how you did them? Was it freehand marbling or are they like foils/wraps?

Loving them! :D:D:D

Sure can ,
All I used was CND color effects and colours !

The first 2 are painted with inkwell 2nd 2 electric purple and 3rd one is girly pink ,

I then added drops of gold , ink well and color effects gold pearl , ice blue shimmer scarlet shimmer emerald shimmer to water , swished it about dipped them in , let the water dry (they polish dry's VERY quickly like this ) then added top coat :) the photo really dosent show the true effect , the first 2 wear dazzaling!

What I was getting at is that instead of buying milllllions of polishes the CND colours and effects can prity much take you through any season if you work with them :) !

OPI have just released "Swiss Collection" for winter xx

wow thanks for response girls !! so much to understand and learn when u are learning :)

i love marbeling !! i have tryed b4 , after watching short clips on you tube , and gotta say arent they unusal ! do clients like the marble look?

I have been looking carefully at catwalk and celebrity trends recently to see whats 'in' and at the moment it seems the light coffee colours are on trend x

Latest posts

Back