What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you during a treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had another one last week :(
I was doing an eyebrow thread and was trying to get a little cluster out, when I managed it shot up and went into the back of my throat!
I finished the treatment, took the payment, and went and threw up!!
When I came back out of the loo my next client was waiting for me and said 'are you ok?'
I said 'yeah I'm fine I just ate some eyebrow'
She gave me a look that said she thought I was a complete weirdo.
Oh I do have a way with words!
I threw up 3 more times that day BBLUUURGGH still makes me cringe!
I can still feel it stuck there whenever I think about it 😷

LolliDolli💋

HOW do you thread?! Lol...yuk! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

HOW do you thread?! Lol...yuk! x

With my hands lol what Do you mean haha. I don't hold it in my mouth. Hence my mouth been open haha :( xx

LolliDolli💋

With my hands lol what Do you mean haha. I don't hold it in my mouth. Hence my mouth been open haha :( xx

LolliDolli💋

Ah I see. Still not sure how it flew up into your mouth! x

I love this stories! They make me laugh so hard that I'm almost crying!

My colleague at my old job was standing in the kitchen of the salon with her back to me and I said: "Boo!" she screamed so hard!! I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the day. My boss and her client were looking at me and asked what happened and when I told them they started laughing really hard too.

Some of these are brilliant. The weight thing is a classic. I have a lovely older lady come to me & we chat about allsorts including my weight loss (4 stone in just over a year after I had baby). Anyway she was asking about my little girl & asked to see a photo. Then she said whats your other half like. So I showed her a lovely pic of us at a wedding we went to in may this year. Her words were "christ you were big". The dress I wore for that wedding will be going in the next charity bag I get lol.

But the most embarrassing thing I've done has to be when I was pregnant & a lady came for a callus peel. She smelt of cigarettes which i completely went off and as I was checking over her feet I just gagged. And I'm not talking a little bit. I'm talking a great big wretch. I was mortified and had to explain that I was suffering with morning sickness and it was nothing to do with her feet!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've forgotten a tint brush for doing highlights before, I had three bowls of colour to mix..
So I mixed two bowls with my normal brushes, and then third with my clients husbands painting and decorating paint brush lol it got the job done!
I've also used pastry brushes. 😂

I've forgotten a tint brush for doing highlights before, I had three bowls of colour to mix..
So I mixed two bowls with my normal brushes, and then third with my clients husbands painting and decorating paint brush lol it got the job done!
I've also used pastry brushes. 😂

Ive used a long cocktail stick to weave my foils when i left my pintail comb at an earlier clients!
And a clients plastic bowl to mix in when ive forgotten my bowl! X

One of my embarrassing thinks happened in my other job, which I work in a cocktail bar, a guy came in and order two shots from me, which I made and took over to him and his friend, now this shot is done by licking the sugar of the lemon downing the shot then sucking the lemon, and I said the guy and his friend to do this shot you need to lick, swallow and f**k, I ended up laugh so much with embarrassment that I could not serve for a good half hour.

Another one is I was working in a salon doing a leg wax on a client who was a little bit drunk, he partner was sitting in the room and we was all chatting I asked her to turn over to the backs of her legs and she rolled right of the couch, he boyfriend could not stop laugh and reception phoned up to my room as I was right above reception ad they wondered what the thud was.

Kirsty

Being asked by a new client whether I had ever dribbled wax on anyone by mistake (she was having eye brow wax). I said, "No." and gave her a look that said 'I'm a professional'. And then got distracted and proceeded to dribble wax across her face and on her ear.

Just found this thread after someone reposting!! I'm laughing so much and my poor daughter is being ignored! I'm sure there's enough material for a book deal here!
'Confessions of a beauty therapist' hahaha

Just found this thread after someone reposting!! I'm laughing so much and my poor daughter is being ignored! I'm sure there's enough material for a book deal here!
'Confessions of a beauty therapist' hahaha

These are brilliant, I posted in a thread yesterday about the same thing:

During a pedicure I was having trouble cutting my ladies very thick toe nails, whilst attempting to clip the big toe nail it sprang off and landed on my lip sticking to my lip gloss! Eww so gross, not only was I mortified a was she I couldn't immediately remove it, had to get my glove off first so not to then touch my lip with a dirty glove. Just thinking about it makes me shudder!

Hayley :)

It involved acetone fumes, a candle and a fire.

Nuff said :eek:

I was working for a salon several years ago, was asked to do blue gel overlay on a lady. I got to the salon, set up my table etc, the lady was having her hair dyed. When she came over to my table, I said ' so you want blue nails ?' She said that it was her wedding, her dress was going to be blue, infact everything was going to be blue, even the marquee and the flowers. I said laughing ' I hope your hair isn't blue' looked up at her, and a blue drip was running down her forehead from the turban towel ! And the look on her face the look of oh god what have i done...I mean she was going to look like a friggin smurf.

I used to have those wooden fold up chairs for client and myself at the nail table. A new client came, and sat down, and I noticed throughout the treatment she kept wriggling. Then suddenly there was a crack sound, and the whole chair broke and she went crashing to the floor. I was mortified, but she laughed, thank god, and said she thought it so funny. I was lucky she wasn't hurt, but it did look funny when she she went down .

A friend I used to know told me this one. She did waxing and had a client in for a Hollywood wax. The client is there on the couch, legs apart, and she says shes ready. My friend said she could see that as her vagina was all glittery ! !!! The client thought she had sprayed deodorant on, But in her hurry, she had grabbed the hair glitter !

Haven't had much time to be on SG lately but have been wanting to read this thread so have just done so and I can tell u all I have not laughed so much in ages. I'm sat here with tears running down my face and my sides ache !!!! Thank you everyone for making my day xxx

Im having a really good giggle looking through these!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I went to a new clients house who I has never met before to be greeted by he dog! Who then pooed and weed on my foot. The client was lovely and I still do her today and the dog is still as friendly but doesn't poop!

I went to a new clients house who I has never met before to be greeted by he dog! Who then pooed and weed on my foot. The client was lovely and I still do her today and the dog is still as friendly but doesn't poop!

Omg laughed so much !

Surrey Girl through and through x

Ive had it once where a regular client came in for a eyelash tint when i worked from home, she menioned her daughter was heavily pregnant and in slow.labour so said if her phone beeps can i check her text for.her incase.it was news on her daughter.
Anyway, the phone beeped and lit up, i looked at the screen and there was the text from her husband, she asked me read incase ge gad news and it was a picture message.... he was naked except a elephany willy warmer! Hed found it out from years ago and 'tried it on again'! the client couldnt stop applogosing but i we both had a good laugh! Seeing a normally stern 60plus gentleman who is always in suirs wearibg that gave me a giggle! Still cant look him in the eye!! x

Latest posts

Back