What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you during a treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After taking all my towels and gowns home at the end of the week to wash, I didn't have time to fold them all from the tumble dryer so just stuffed them in the bag and went to work.

My first client, a gent, gowned him up, went to retrieve the cutting collar to come back to find him in peeling my Black knickers off the velcro round his neck. They had obviously been in the washing machine and got washed and tumbled with my towels!

Think he was embarrassed for me, I politely said thank you and sorry as he handed me my new best knickers I'd bought over the weekend.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Was this in a hotel? Think I read about it x

Omg I read about this too .... It was in the paper about acetone and her using the actual bottle (1 L) and not decanting it to a smaller size then it caught on her trousers the acetone then caught alight I believe :(

After taking all my towels and gowns home at the end of the week to wash, I didn't have time to fold them all from the tumble dryer so just stuffed them in the bag and went to work.

My first client, a gent, gowned him up, went to retrieve the cutting collar to come back to find him in peeling my Black knickers off the velcro round his neck. They had obviously been in the washing machine and got washed and tumbled with my towels!

Think he was embarrassed for me, I politely said thank you and sorry as he handed me my new best knickers I'd bought over the weekend.

At least they where your best ones!! :D

At least they where your best ones!! :D

I would of just died completely if not...we all have that one pair that you never want anyone too see...thankfully it wasn't them ha

I have a friend who decided to do a bikini wax on herself one day. She put the wax on, applied the strip, strip got stuck to her undercarriage. Door bell rings and it's her new washing machine being delivered. She left the strip on and put her undies and trousers back on to answer the door. Delivery man was probably wondering why she was walking like a cowboy. Needless to say, she had to cut herself free (very carefully) afterwards after much yanking of wax strip to no avail.

Have just read the whole 29 pages, and have gone from gurgling with laughter, to crying with hysteria! !
The worst thing I've ever seen was when I was in training for intimate waxing.
My trainer was demonstrating on a client, and ripped a tampon right out of her, and it just went 'splat' on our white wall.
Unfortunately I laugh in awkward situations... My trainer was stunned and just stared at me, I collapsed I hysterics, and the client, lying there with eyes closed, was completely oblivious, cringing in pain. She did mutter 'at least YOU can laugh' with a pained chuckle.
I cleaned up, and neither of us said I word for the rest of the wax. Altho I laughed so hard I ended up with the hiccups.
More recently when I was working from home. ..
My clients love my dog (big white Labrador called Charlie), so they used to let him in and he would by their feet while having their treatments done.
I was doing a set of nails, when Charlie dragged his bum along my new rug, and left a massive skidder! Right in front of my new client and her daughter!!
Yes, they're still clients, but now come to my little beauty room. That's NOT at home....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have just read the whole 29 pages, and have gone from gurgling with laughter, to crying with hysteria! !
My trainer was demonstrating on a client, and ripped a tampon right out of her, and it just went 'splat' on our white wall.
Unfortunately I laugh in awkward situations... My trainer was stunned and just stared at me, I collapsed I hysterics, and the client, lying there with eyes closed, was completely oblivious, cringing in pain. She did mutter 'at least YOU can laugh' with a pained chuckle.
I cleaned up, and neither of us said I word for the rest of the wax. Altho I laughed so hard I ended up with the hiccups.
My clients love my dog (big white Labrador called Charlie), so they used to let him in and he would by their feet while having their treatments done.
I was doing a set of nails, when Charlie dragged his bum along my new rug, and left a massive skidder! Right in front of my new client and her daughter!!
Yes, they're still clients, but now come to my little beauty room. That's NOT at home....

This made me cry with hysterics! Thanks for that, I'm normally quite squeamish but honestly my face hurts 😂😂

I have a couple of stories but the one that makes me squirm with horror is the time I was doing a toe shellac on a bride.
I'd been suffering all day with bad sinus pain, after completing 4 bridesmaids toes (head face down the whole time) it came to the turn of the bride.
I was just starting the polish when I felt a pop in the upper part of my nose followed by what felt like a running tap, I quickly cupped my hands to my nose convinced I was having a nose bleed. I was apologising over and over. I finally looked into my cupped hand to realise that it wasn't blood but snot and it was also all over my clients feet! Yuk... More apologising, excuses and stories of my sinus trouble from the day! I was mortified and after cleaning up I left quick smart.

So yesterday, I had what I think is THE most embarrassing point in my career.
I was providing one of my regular clients with her usual shellac pedicure, when we got onto the topic of my house. (I have recently become mobile whilst I am redecorating) she asked how everything was going with the renovations and I replied "Not too bad. However it's taking longer because we have to keep stopping" she asked why and I said "It's because I'm so anal"
To which she thought I'd said "It's because I enjoy anal".

BUT the worst part is she didn't bring me up on it, she just carried on. Transcript follows:
(Her): "Oh. Couldn't you wait til later"
(Me): "No. Once I get my mind set I just have to do it then and there".
(Her): "Oh. [quite a long pause] And your boyfriend doesn't mind?"
(Me): "No not at all. He usually gives me a high five.. Hahah"
(Her): "Excuse me?"
(Me): "Well it means he gets to have a relaxation break"
(Her): "I guess that's one thing you could call it."
(Me): "I don't personally understand what all the fuss is about."
(Her): "Well me and my husband tried it a few times but it wasn't for me"
(Me): "Did you try another game?"
(Her): "A game?"
(Me): "Yeah, for the play station"
(Her): "OH. Is that what you were talking about?"
(Me): "Yes. Why what were you talking about?"

And then it dawned on both of us. I'm not actually sure who was more embarrassed. Especially as she's a family friend!! ��

Please tell me somebody else has had blunders that won't make mine seem so bad.

The Nail Den
"Salon luxury, within home comforts"

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg that it just brilliant :lol::lol: your client has a very dirty mind! I hope you were both able to laugh about it!

Sorry but I can't beat that story :lol:

I don't think I've laughed so loud at any post on this, or any other forum!

The best advice I ever received - "Work smarter, not harder". Thank you, geeks!!

Excellent stories guys! 😂😂😂

We have a client who comes in every week for a kind of modern shampoo & set - a shampoo & finish and clip in extensions put in, and she has two sets of extensions that she alternates. So she brings in the used set of extensions and goes off to have her service, I start getting ready to wash her used set, empty the extensions into another assistants hands and pull out a WORN primark lacy thong!! That's the worst thing we've found in her extensions when she's brought them in (we think she must sleep in them as they're really matted or throw them onto her bedroom floor and just roughly pick them up when it's time to bring them back in) but we've found pens, business cards, food wrappers etc. Finding the knickers was made even worse when we found out she was having an affair with one of the senior stylists!! Xx

Someone on here told this story from the other angle! Did you read all the posts? Haha

Sent from my XT1039 using SalonGeek mobile app

Someone on here told this story from the other angle! Did you read all the posts? Haha

Sent from my XT1039 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oops, must've missed that as I just flicked through, can't be the same person though right? 😳😳😳xx

Never laughed so much in my life at these! So funny!

One moment sticks out for me, altho it wasn't embarrassing for me more so the client

She had come in on a training night & we were about to wash her colour of so took her to the basin ( basin was wobbly but usuable as it was waiting to be tightened into floor) washed it etc, went thru to the other room to mix a toner up when I heard a large thud & screaming everyone in the salon ran up to backwash to the backwash lying on its side ( it had come out of the floor!:eek:) the client in a heap on the floor laughing her head off.. I couldn't help but laugh luckily she was fine! Safe to say the basin got fixed next day!

Oh there was also another one where we had an older client getting her hair done & suddenly said oh I need the toilet so of she ran then comes out and asks us can we wash her trousers for her & gown as she had a bit of an accident.. I did not no where to look lol! X

I laughed out loud to the client and basin on the floor 😱

I laughed out loud to the client and basin on the floor 😱

I didn't no what to do I couldn't help but laugh!! And trying to explain to the guy who came to fix it what had happened set us all of again! Haha z

When I was a trainee I was walking with a plate of biscuits... I tripped and the biscuits went flying and showered all over a client... probably doesnt sound that funny but I still wet myself now years later :D

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

So yesterday, I had what I think is THE most embarrassing point in my career.
I was providing one of my regular clients with her usual shellac pedicure, when we got onto the topic of my house. (I have recently become mobile whilst I am redecorating) she asked how everything was going with the renovations and I replied "Not too bad. However it's taking longer because we have to keep stopping" she asked why and I said "It's because I'm so anal"
To which she thought I'd said "It's because I enjoy anal".

BUT the worst part is she didn't bring me up on it, she just carried on. Transcript follows:
(Her): "Oh. Couldn't you wait til later"
(Me): "No. Once I get my mind set I just have to do it then and there".
(Her): "Oh. [quite a long pause] And your boyfriend doesn't mind?"
(Me): "No not at all. He usually gives me a high five.. Hahah"
(Her): "Excuse me?"
(Me): "Well it means he gets to have a relaxation break"
(Her): "I guess that's one thing you could call it."
(Me): "I don't personally understand what all the fuss is about."
(Her): "Well me and my husband tried it a few times but it wasn't for me"
(Me): "Did you try another game?"
(Her): "A game?"
(Me): "Yeah, for the play station"
(Her): "OH. Is that what you were talking about?"
(Me): "Yes. Why what were you talking about?"

And then it dawned on both of us. I'm not actually sure who was more embarrassed. Especially as she's a family friend!! í ½í¸³

Please tell me somebody else has had blunders that won't make mine seem so bad.

The Nail Den
"Salon luxury, within home comforts"

OMG - I'm crying had to read this to my fella - we are rolling around !!!!! Fab :) x

Nothing real bad has happened to me YET but I've asked a client if they wanted booking for a blow job instead of a blow dry 😂 and sometimes accidentally say love you at the end of a conversation to a client on the work phone without thinking!

Latest posts

Back