Whats the Nouvatan fade off like?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDiva

Reaction score
I want honest opinions of this product, as im trying out new samples to find a new supplier.
So far not so good, i was impressed with suntana then after a few days my opinion changed due to fast fading.
I know nouvatan is popular but to me the fade is just as important as the colour im looking for a solution with great fading , no patching

Hey!

I am going to try my sample on my brother tomorrow (12% as he always wants a dark tan), so i will post my thoughts for you... I use fake bake just now but looking for a supplier who provides a really light tan i.e 8% and a really dark tan, so im doing the same, trying out a few different brands :hug:

I sprayed my guinea pig with it tonight, she is a regular client I spray every week so she knows what she's doing, she is going to give me feedback on how it lasts and fades as the week goes on... so far we like the smell, a bit fruity? And the initial guide colour was a nice brown brown if you know what I mean?

I'm getting sprayed with the 8 tomorrow night...

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

This is why I love Nouvatan the fade of is lovely no patching and the guide colour isn't so strong that it leaves the client disapointed when it's washed of.
My other tan company is Coture, it's more expensive, and no better then Nouvatan, just easy for me to jump in the car and grab some if I'm in a hurry.
Also Coture only do 8% and 10% where Nouvatan do the full range and the booster drops. So I feel they are more versatile.

I have just gone over to Nouvatan because you can confidently promote a 7/10 day tan (cared for with care). Even tho their lit says less.My first tan lasted 12 days..(and yes I did wash)!! So impressed, all my models trying it for me have commented on the duration and fade off. I was dubious and expected a long lasing tan to fade badly, its tricky to find one that does it all isnt it, but this range really does. Fab for fair to dark tones, and the young girls love the natural dark brown the 16% gives, (be warned you have to tan well naturally to carry this one off)!

Fab im gona order my samples today thanks guys

Sprayed my guinea pig last night, a regular that I spray every week, this is her initial feedback.....

She said the initial guide colour this morning was a little darker (normally use A-Tan) and doesn't smell as much...

Next update after washing off guide colour 'Right Verdict... Its darker than usual one but more of a golden tone so really like it. It doesnt smell as much after first bath either, will let you know more as week goes on...' I used a mix of 8 and 12 on her in equal amounts as she usually has the 10%

I am having my tan tonight so will report back on my findings too :green: I am having the 8%...

Last edited:
I used the 8% on my nail tech and she loved it!! It looks amazing,fades brilliantly and people kept asking her where she has been on holiday, I now use it alongside Sienna X.

i use nouvatan and think its great. think is apart from us professionals there is not really any public awareness of it.
i thought my tanning would really pick up (its not all i do) but i suppose alot of people know brands like sienna x or fake bake.
I love nouvatan and i am not going to ditch it, i do try and sell it to potential clients but I thought if I also offer Sienna X it might grab more attention from people.

i use nouvatan and think its great. think is apart from us professionals there is not really any public awareness of it.
i thought my tanning would really pick up (its not all i do) but i suppose alot of people know brands like sienna x or fake bake.
I love nouvatan and i am not going to ditch it, i do try and sell it to potential clients but I thought if I also offer Sienna X it might grab more attention from people.

I agree with the above. I also use Nouvatan and love it but awareness isnt that good and you just cant seem to sell it compared to other well known tans. Also the retail side of things let it down compared to sienna X. I also considering moving over to Sienna X but then would people reallt then be persuaded to use Nouvatan?

I dare say I prefer it to Sienna X

Just ordered so samples! just a shame that they wouldn't send me a free one to try out!!

I will spray my two friends with these and upload photos of results before and after! x

Just ordered so samples! just a shame that they wouldn't send me a free one to try out!!

I will spray my two friends with these and upload photos of results before and after! x

I have just ordered to and I was happy to pay for the samples though because it really is a minimal amount and their samples are generous sizes.Often if you dont pay you get barely enough to touch the bottom of your pot.

I have just ordered to and I was happy to pay for the samples though because it really is a minimal amount and their samples are generous sizes.Often if you dont pay you get barely enough to touch the bottom of your pot.

yea I suppose, although I have had about 3 different 100ml bottle samples form Sienna and La Tanning, and a tester from Celeb Secrets!! but I can't moan at least I didn't have to pay for them!! x x

I wouldn't expect Dawn & Steve to send out free samples. They are not a large, faceless company like the others. We have all had to pay for samples and it's not a large amount of money and has been said, they are a good size.

Nouvatan is fantastic. My clients love the 10%. Plus, the customer service is outstanding. You get what you pay for. I've been told by customers that they get a good 5 to 7 days out of the tan, with no complaints about patchiness.:)

I charge £5 for a trial tan with a new solution. I got 7 full bodies out of the 3 bottles of samples I had from Nouvatan. I have a regular clients who are always up for trying a new product and never mind paying that they know im not gonna make them look awful, even if its a new solution still use colours you know they gonna look good in. They mark the smell, development, colour, fade off and if it collects anywhere on the skin during fade off for me. Best to read and research a bit on a solution before even applying for samples, too many and you just end up more confused or just dont even get around to trying them cos you got so many in. If you really serious to try and sample paying for it to cover costs isnt a problem especially with the smaller, family run businesses like Nouvatan. think you take sampling more seriously if you got to pay for it as well and really wanna know all the pros and cons with it.:green:

I wouldn't expect Dawn & Steve to send out free samples. They are not a large, faceless company like the others. We have all had to pay for samples and it's not a large amount of money and has been said, they are a good size.

Ahh right I see I didn't realise, i thought they were like all the others, interesting to know! Excited to try out there solutions, I know its not a large amount of money was just thinking if every tanning company got you to pay for samples I would imagine it would cost a lot! x

I live in Netherlands and I have been using the Nouvatan for about 2 years after trying Sienna x, LA tan, Suntana atc.
I have to say the Nouvatan is the best, my clients love it.
And the service from Dawn & Steve is great, they are sending my orders to Holland for me
Lenka

Latest posts

Back