What's wrong with my finger?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
I know this is a strange question. I have this skin problem on one finger, yes just one. My left index finger.

I get tiny little bumps under the skin which will eventually become very dry and flakey. The tip of my finger is almost calloused and cracked.

Why this one finger. I have shown it to my dr and she said it is eczema but none of the normal treatments seem to make any difference. I showed it to the pharmacist and she thought fungal and gave me canestan cream!

I use Solar Oil daily anyway and this doesnt make a difference.

Anyone come across anything like this before.

Please excuse the two week old Shellac LOL.

Attachments

• finger.jpg
    finger.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 3,403
oo i have something similar to this.. i just have to moisturise regularely.. it's worse when i'm sifting through paperwork at work!

Thanks Tracey, that is about as near a description as I have ever managed to find. I am just baffled why it only seems to be on one finger.

According to Wiki, the cause is unknown. Without sounding perverse (because I am not trying to) :wink2: is there anything that you do specifically with that finger that you don't do with the others..... like rubbing your eye?? It may be a contact dermatitis? Maybe your GP could treat it with a light cortizone based cream?

my husband has had the same thing, doctor said it was Pompholyx.
He was perscribed a cream to apply. It has cleared up and hasn't returned.
Go to your GP x

Thanks Jo - Pompholyx appears to be the same as what Tracey said but just another word for it LOL.

I will go back to the doctor because it is really annoying now.

Thanks Jo - Pompholyx appears to be the same as what Tracey said but just another word for it LOL.

I will go back to the doctor because it is really annoying now.
Kay has had this for years, about 20 years! Some times better sometimes worse, she gets it on her stomach, near her elbows, shins, small of her back, fingers, never all at the same time, she's been treated with steroid creams, E 45, emolsifier bath oils, nothing has worked.
I'll have to show her that link, see if when she next see's a doctor they can finally treat it.

Yup, just looked pompholyx up on google and it is another word for dyshidrotic eczema. You gotta love the words. The symptoms sound very uncomfortable and irritating though.

Shall I send you my bill Fiona :lol:

I'm glad you've mentioned this because me and my brother get it a lot on our fingers. We both suffer with warts. Not the witchy kind on our faces but elbows and knuckles and it's a terror getting them all frozen off. I just thought we were getting lots of teeny weeny warts. Now I know what I'm dealing with!

I know this is an old thread but i came across it whilst looking for a picture of exactly the same small blisters on my nails. I had them on every single nail and these tiny blisters popped and became very hard skin and were very painful. I have since found out that it was an allergy to fake shellac UV soak off nail gel which i was devastated about. I had been using a fake, much cheaper brand which i purchased online from China so its a lesson learned - stick with the genuine brands.
My doctor said it was called Pompholyx and it was a nasty reaction which has left ridges on my nails - hope this helps

Latest posts

Back