What's your favourite top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachael204

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am stll fairly new to this and need some advice from all you lovely geeks out there!

I am wondering if any of you would be so kind as to share with me your favourite top coat for varnish and why?! I am looking for a quick drying one but that still leaves a glossy finish.

Does anyone use a gel topcoat - I have been using my ezflow Finish It! but it can sometimes cause the varnish to peel.

Any recommendations?!

Thanks xx

Creatives Super Shiny for me....

We use out the door in salon as it dries rally quick great for pedicures and Wet Look gives that just painted look all the time, like they are wet.

I've just been introduced to Air Dry so I've just ordered it but I also love Super Shiney

i love "out the door" and creatives "super shiney" have tried others but allways come back to those 2.

as for ezflow's "finish it" it is a gel top coat for enhancements...not enamel

I love Super Shiney, but lately I have been using CND Air Dry. It is thick and protective, glossy and dries very very fast.

Out the Door yellows in the sun so is not a good product for Spain. Air Dry dries even faster anyway and it is amazingly protective, and non yellowing.

It doesn't cost allot to try out a bottle and if you do you will see what I mean from the first time you try it.

Last edited:
Good to Go or Seche Vite.

I have not tried air dry gigi.....will have to i think x

wow, thanks for all your quick responses - looks like I have some shopping to do!
Joanne - I thought that I must be going wrong somewhere using finish it as a top coat!!
thanks all for your help :hug:

For your clients who are using sunbeds or going to warmer clients who have sun (not like us) try total eclipse it stops any yellowing on french nails and dries quick too.

Super shiney cause its....well.....super shiney , I suppose!:)

For your clients who are using sunbeds or going to warmer clients who have sun (not like us) try total eclipse it stops any yellowing on french nails and dries quick too.

Why use 2 products when you can just use one good one??

We only use one top coat on the client, but we stock different types for different client lifestyles, like we stock different base coats for different nail problems.

Hello everyone! I am stll fairly new to this and need some advice from all you lovely geeks out there!

I am wondering if any of you would be so kind as to share with me your favourite top coat for varnish and why?! I am looking for a quick drying one but that still leaves a glossy finish.

Does anyone use a gel topcoat - I have been using my ezflow Finish It! but it can sometimes cause the varnish to peel.

Any recommendations?!

Thanks xx

NSI Air Shield for me! :Love:

It can only be used on artificial nails, though. On natural nails I use Out The Door at the moment, not 100% happy with it but I bought a huge bottle at a trade fair and want to use it up :)

super shiney xx

seche vite and another one which took me by surprise is orly's glosser very nice, i shall be looking into some more of orly's products, thg:idea:

Definatly OPI Rapid dry for me

Becki xxx

Speedey or supershiney

I love supershiney! :)

Super shiney and Air Dry

Latest posts

Back