What's your secret?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
I wondered if other geeks did anything that is so far removed from Salon work We wouldnt believe it :)

So geeks what is your secret
Mine is I am the manager of an under 15's football team :lol:

I play in a snooker league.Me and my friend are the only 2 women in the league!
I also used to play pool for the county :)

I don't actually do salon work (yet), the closest I've been to doing that is body painting, and that was on a hobby basis.

My career is in IT, but I have also done a fair bit with music too (again just for my own enjoyment); I used to play flute in an amateur orchestra in Somerset; I could really do with getting back into music again when I get a chance...
Posted via Mobile Device

I totaly love boxing, i used to do alot of kick boxing but had to stop due to breaking my ankle as a teenager, it caused untold problems.
I am fanticle about boxing and have tons of very expensive pictures (sitting on my bedroom floor) of all the big boxers with certs, lol.
I have a glove signed by Tyson. Tons of mini gloves, ooohhh loads, lol
I also like sewing, knitting, crafts etc. Goes well with boxing.
I'v been known to go out clubbing with a group of friends and if the boxing comes on i either stay in the pub on my loansome or go of to watch it, lol. My friends are used to it now

Ummmmmmmm I'm not sure what you're aiming for with that question, so I'll just go down the list of things I've done or am doing that is not related to the salon work (not necessarily in this order):

I'm currently taking belly dancing classes
I do volunteer work at the library
selling encyclopedias
working in restaurant kitchen,
working in a bar as a shooter-girl,
Nanny for 5 kids including 6mth old twin boys,
former writer for local paper,
fundraising for local charity,
modelling & acting (was in some french tv shows & movie "Dead Bolt" with Justine Bateman but ended up on cutting room floor for that one),
winning dance comps in bars (free booze!! whooohooo!!!),
5yrs Classical ballet & 10yrs Jazz BAllet,
played in leagues of softball/basketball/volleyball,
Office Admin for Investment firm of 53 stock brokers & 15 assistants,
Exec Asst for Diamond/Jewellery Importers & assisted in designing software program for their company (in so far as telling pc wizard what we wanted and how it should look as Pres knew nothing of what software could do to simplify their business) & designed logo for their company,
Worked in retail at clothing store,
Sang in Choirs in youth before accident,

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
My mind is all over the place trying to think of all the things I've done that are unrelated.....

how's that for an answer?

Last edited:
What a fun thread:hug:

I used to be a professional Ballroom and Latin Dance Teacher and made my own dresses!
My husband Chris and I go Bat watching
We also go bird watching (but we aren't twitchers lol)

I was doing belly dancing classes , but unfortunatly things went all pete tong for the instructor, so havent picked up on it since,but am currently looking into tap dancing classes.

I'm a chess champion!!!!

I play against my computer ( not at the lowest level either :rolleyes: ...at the highest level )

and I win....all the time!!!!!

I used to be champion of the chess team at school.... :o

oh and I'm a stripper....

Great thread Lelli xxxx

My guilty (not-so) secret is that I'm a morris dancer - the folk world is about as far removed from beauty as you can get! I also play violin (classically trained but also play English fiddle tunes) & melodeon (a type of accordion). Other than that I write on mythology, folklore, medieval & traditional witchcraft & the occult for a few journals.

My guilty (not-so) secret is that I'm a morris dancer - the folk world is about as far removed from beauty as you can get! I also play violin (classically trained but also play English fiddle tunes) & melodeon (a type of accordion). Other than that I write on mythology, folklore, medieval & traditional witchcraft & the occult for a few journals.

Ooh do you do spells?!! :lol:

Oh this may be a long list lol

1. I want to be a glamour model
2. Im also a website designer
3. I go pubs/clubs despite the fact im not 18 yet lol (only 6 weeks to go)
4. I can never go to bed without having my dressing gown over me & a glass of juice and my mobile under my pillow lol
5. I used to do street dancing when i was younger and have performed in front of thousands.
6. Im a pagan
Oh and im naturally ginger not brunette :)

Last edited:
I worked in an independant fine food shop on the cheese counter!!! I can drive through england and name the cheeses that came from each county as can my brother we have such a laugh about it!!! we both worked there for years when we was younger before starting our careers xx

I am loving your answers :) Keep them coming
Victoria Wow is all I can say
Jo stripper ermmmmmmm??

Great thread! I have a few surprises...

I do taekwondo, and LOVE it!

I love ballet, but am not doing it currently unfortunately due to other commitments (stopped going a few months ago, but I WILL get back into it again when poss)

I have a very diverse musical taste, LOVE classical music and old blues and mowtown etc as well as very opposite modern music!

I was an Executive PA (until just over a week ago when I had to take an alternative role in the company to avoid redundancy)

I have done some modelling

I LOVE all things oriental

Still live with my parents (at 26, not good AT ALL! Soooooo want my own lovely place, but can't afford!! :cry: )

I have MOOORRREE clothes and shoes and bags etc than you ould EVER imagine!!! Soooooooooo bad! - MUST, MUST, MUST get selling it all!! DEFOOO!!!

Everyone thinks I'm a natural blonde, but I am VERY dark brunette naturally!

I am only 5 ft 1 & half!

I dwell on things/think about things too much

Errrrm, I'll keep thinking!!.... xx

I'm a member of mensa. I have a freakish IQ. There are very few of us that are hairdressers!

Hi , I used to voluntary help anyone who genuinely wanted to home educate their child or children at home , I help parents with the Law and issues regarding the education authority

I let parents know.... that it's not against the law for children not to go to School
as long as a child gets an education it can take place anywhere as long as its suitable to age ability and aptitude,
plus you do not have to be a teacher youself to educate :hug: x minky

Oh we have a mensa member how cool and Minky know where to come with any education issues cool:)

I host karaoke in my local bar every Saturday night, and do their New Years Eve parties. Got to keep the pennies rolling in :lol:

Love this thread

I actually really enjoy fishing partuculary sea fishing I dont even mind putting live bait on the hook. I also love canoeing and rock climbing. I'm secretly a tomboy, but nobody would believe it if they met me

Latest posts

Back