What's your secret?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE martial arts! I went to karate for a few years and have my green belt. I also LOVE kickboxing, which I just got back into. The 'secret' is I don't look like a karate/kickboxing person. LOL!

WHOOPS
And I'm pagan LOL
(note all the triquetras in my wedding lol)

Ohhhh, this is fun :o)

I have just got back from my first yoga retreat - fab, wish every day could be like that.
Learning the piano and hoping to have mastered 'Silent Night' by Christmas ! Very amusing but am loving the hilarity of finally doing something I have wanted to learn forever!
Loving not being in Marketing and Advertising any more - the beauty world is just so much better for the soul.

Blimey, what a fab bunch we all are! :green:

Well, let me think. I used to be a Brownie Guider! Nothing like doing your shopping and a wee voice says, "Hi Brown Owl" :lol:

I am very spiritual and believe in and do tarot etc.

I done ballet and tap dancing until I was well into my teens(and that wasn't yesterday!)

I used to do a lot of hill walking.

There is more but I am sat here now thinking about all the things I used to do, I should start doing them again, well not the ballet! :lol:

I also do tarot and have medals for disco dancing :)

Brown Owl love it :lol:

I'm a member of mensa. I have a freakish IQ. There are very few of us that are hairdressers!

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm I've heard of mensa... I know it's something to do with your noggin.. but for the life of me, can't recall exactly what it is????

I actually want to be a teacher or go into the police..and seen as though i don't think i'll be going to college/uni any time soon i'll aim for the police.

I used to sing as in lessons, concerts exams etc.. i've sung in the light shopping centre in Leeds before..LOL

i love playing on photoshop

knowone know's my natural hair colour because i was proper white blonde till being about 12..then as i've got older it's light brown with a lot of red in, from my mum :)

i used to voluntarily help teach people with disabilities.
instead of taking part in my performing arts qualification at high school i taught a group of children with disabilities performing arts instead..

I really really really want to be a teacher! It's the only thing that i want to do so much that upsets me because i don't think i ever will.

I love designing wedding dresses although i can't draw or make them!!

Before doing beauty therapy I did a Commercial Printing traineeship (I know what good business cards should look like)

Then went to beauty college & worked in salons.

While working as beauty therapist (in my free time)
I did an apprenticeship and became a qualified Butcher.

I have also been a Personal Accident Insurance Sales person.

Taught myself how to lots of other things but if I list them all, I'd be here forever but I did learn how to lampwork (glass moulding).

Great thread!!! it been very interesting to know what other people have achieved.

I also do tarot and have medals for disco dancing :)

Brown Owl love it :lol:

Sam and I did tarot with this super guy who works for the hotel and sits around the pool. We did it together and I pulled 'Possibilites', he pulled 'The Lovers', we both pulled 'The Fool' then I pulled 'Rebirth' and finally he pulled 'No-thingness'... it was really interesting and I enjoyed it a lot... trust Sam to pull The Lovers... the first two were in my part in our relationship, then his part, then both and then awareness...

What do I do other than what I do... well I do like to sing and also I like Vegas patience which I am really good at. Sadly I dont do that much else apart from work which I love so I guess I am happy with that. One day I would like to go to a third world country and help, also I think I would be a really good Samaritan. Aloha :hug:

I used to make bespoke cards, christmas, birthdays, anniversaries etc

I can sew and sometimes make my own clothing/curtains!

I'm writing a book....!!!!!!

and a geek member is in it :lol: ( because she asked....:green: )

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm a secret lemonade drinker !

I can sew and sometimes make my own clothing/curtains!

Made my ow curtains too for my kitchen windows and door, and also drapes for my basement family room window. :) Figured out on my own with a sewing machine older than myself (you know it's old when there's pictures on the manual from the 40-50's lol). Friends wanted to know where I bought them LOL

I'm writing a book....!!!!!!

and a geek member is in it :lol: ( because she asked....:green: )

DITTO... at least.. I HOPE to start a book soon. I know what it will be about... just haven't started yet :-(
wish you the best success on your book :hug:

I had a book published a few years ago; it's hard work! For the last few years I've stuck to writing for journals, but have been approached a couple of times in the last year about writing another - it's finding the time that's the problem!

Good luck with yours!

Made my ow curtains too for my kitchen windows and door, and also drapes for my basement family room window. :) Figured out on my own with a sewing machine older than myself (you know it's old when there's pictures on the manual from the 40-50's lol). Friends wanted to know where I bought them LOL

Victoria! What havent you done? Hmmmmm, pole dancing? :lol:. :hug:

Those old sewing machines did a good old job. My Mum had several of them as she was a dress maker. Is it a Singer brand by any chance?

I am a bit of a hobby craft addict! If they did a membership card I would have one :)

I love glass painting and make exploding boxes alllllll the time! I also scrap book all my childrens pictures.

More recently when my daughter passed away I noticed how grey the cemetary looked so i bought some oasis and cut out a big butterfly shape and a star and filled it with artificial flowers (so they would last the winter) in lots of bright gorgeous colours. Now I am helping two other mums who have angel babies to make some. Its very theraputic. I hope to one day (in the far future when I am in a position to help) I might be able to run workshops for parents to make things like this and to talk through grief.

I am also very much into spiritulism and visit mediums. I am a bit of a hippy at heart. I plan to get married in bare feet :)

DITTO... at least.. I HOPE to start a book soon. I know what it will be about... just haven't started yet :-(
wish you the best success on your book :hug:

Thanks Victoria...good luck to you too....

I've got a traditional romance on the go and a bonkbuster....:lol:

I've written for as long as I can remember....decided to do something about it now...
I'm going to try writing some articles/short stories for magazines first....

Last time I had anything published was in my teens so it's been a long career break...!!!!

and Martin if you were saying good luck to me then thanks too...if it was to Victoria and you missed my post...then :smack:

What is your book? and you should find the time to write another....!

I am a bit of a hobby craft addict! If they did a membership card I would have one :)

I love glass painting and make exploding boxes alllllll the time! I also scrap book all my childrens pictures.

More recently when my daughter passed away I noticed how grey the cemetary looked so i bought some oasis and cut out a big butterfly shape and a star and filled it with artificial flowers (so they would last the winter) in lots of bright gorgeous colours. Now I am helping two other mums who have angel babies to make some. Its very theraputic. I hope to one day (in the far future when I am in a position to help) I might be able to run workshops for parents to make things like this and to talk through grief.

I am also very much into spiritulism and visit mediums. I am a bit of a hippy at heart. I plan to get married in bare feet :)

That is a lovely idea...you should really look into it....it will help you and help so many others...Best of Luck xxxx :hug:

Victoria! What havent you done? Hmmmmm, pole dancing? :lol:. :hug:

Those old sewing machines did a good old job. My Mum had several of them as she was a dress maker. Is it a Singer brand by any chance?

YES it's a singer!! LOL In a hard plastic case, weighs a bloody tonne! Belonged the mom of a friend of the family, who gave it to me. I played with it, read the manual, took apart a few pieces, taught myself how to thread the bobbins etc... lol was pretty funny in the beginning. The machine was the hard part. The curtains the easy part LOL

As for the pole dancing.................... ummmmmmmmmm that will be added to the menu soon LOL
:lol:
A friend of mine is booking a special session for her bday celebration. You rent a room with poles and a teacher, ladies only, Bring your own booze, they tell you to dress sexy (for the fun of it) and teach you to pole dance for kicks LOL

gosh, and there's STILL tonnes I haven't listed LOL
I've shot a gun (and had one held to my head by a drunken biker), and used a bow (not on critters, just on targets)
fished & ice-fished (and other outdoorsy stuff), Built a fence and done some minor construction (putting up walls and such) and minor electrical (used to have to assist my dad all the time). I was using a drill press, table saw, and a lathe by the time I was 11yrs old.
Learned how to 'tool' leather (basics). Ridden a motorbike, ridden a motorcross, ridden horses, worked on a cattle/dairy farm one summer when I was 11yrs, eat chinese food with chopsticks since I was 5 (was not allowed to use a fork if I wanted to eat it), been in a documentary that occasionally airs reruns on tv (no, Im not saying which LOL), been in a Recording Studio with Luba and Sass Jordan (separately) because my ex-ex-ex of longggggggg time ago was a guitarist with connections, been to an art gallery opening where one of the pictures was of me (though no one could tell, a copy hangs in my house), travelled cross-country (Canada) one end to the other (only missed the territories) and spent my 6th summer on a Laker (ship) that's bigger than a hospital (my father was 1st mate, kinda like VP in ship lingo and yes, I know what starboard etc is)

Basically, my childhood was insane and my early youth was spent bouncing all over even more insane, trying to sort out the insanity of my childhood
LMFAO

If I wrote my life story starting now, I'd never finish it in time for my funeral LOL

Latest posts

Back