When did you know you had "made it"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
Aside from making a profit... when did you feel successful?

I've been in new salon since end of October and I've been steady with around 3-6 clients a week and covering my rent.

This week... 16 clients! Which is a good job as my landlord has put my rent up.

Was there a week, month where u exhaled and thought... This is working! This is going to be a success. That's how I feel right now x

When I get there I'll let you know!! :lol:

Seriously, I'm nowhere near to the point of thinking "I've made it", there's a list as long as my arm of things I want to acheive. I suppose in terms of having a nice little client base and paying my bills then yes I've done well to get to where I am, but I have sooooo much more further to go!!

I have massive plans for the next 5 years, but when I reach the goal I have in mind now, by then I'll probably have a whole new goal in mind and will be working towards acheiving that one, talk about moving the goalposts :lol:

When I get there I'll let you know!! :lol:

Seriously, I'm nowhere near to the point of thinking "I've made it", there's a list as long as my arm of things I want to acheive. I suppose in terms of having a nice little client base and paying my bills then yes I've done well to get to where I am, but I have sooooo much more further to go!!

I have massive plans for the next 5 years, but when I reach the goal I have in mind now, by then I'll probably have a whole new goal in mind and will be working towards acheiving that one, talk about moving the goalposts :lol:

Yes that's so spot on. I have so much I want to do, learn and achieve but right now I know my plans are in motion and working!

Yes that's so spot on. I have so much I want to do, learn and achieve but right now I know my plans are in motion and working!

I think that's a good place to be. I dont know about you but I often tie myself in knots thinking about all the things I want to do and getting frustrated because I want them NOW!!! I've come to realise that as long as I'm putting my strategies in place and working towards my goals then that's fine, because they will happen eventually if I put the work in.

I think that's a good place to be. I dont know about you but I often tie myself in knots thinking about all the things I want to do and getting frustrated because I want them NOW!!! I've come to realise that as long as I'm putting my strategies in place and working towards my goals then that's fine, because they will happen eventually if I put the work in.

God yes it consumes me! I want to be a cnd master now! I want to produce the best lashes ever and I need to tan perfectly! (Actually that I do do but it's not rocket science)

I work my butt off. I'm old fashioned and have a notebook and Pen to write all my ideas down! Ha ha

God yes it consumes me! I want to be a cnd master now! I want to produce the best lashes ever and I need to tan perfectly! (Actually that I do do but it's not rocket science)

I work my butt off. I'm old fashioned and have a notebook and Pen to write all my ideas down! Ha ha

So glad its not just me then!! CND masters is on my to do list for this year too, and am hoping to produce some short videos of me working to add to my website. In the longer term I'd like to become an educator, although I'd still want to run my business too, if only there were 48 hours in a day!! That in addition to a million and one other things I want to do, life's certainly never boring for me :lol:

So glad its not just me then!! CND masters is on my to do list for this year too, and am hoping to produce some short videos of me working to add to my website. In the longer term I'd like to become an educator, although I'd still want to run my business too, if only there were 48 hours in a day!! That in addition to a million and one other things I want to do, life's certainly never boring for me :lol:

I just want to provide for my family, continue to enjoy working and be referred to as "oh yeah Clare, she's amazing" ha ha I am very fickle x

I'm far from "made it" but I felt like Id achieved something good when I made it to master artist status :) next on my list is master sculptor! X

It all depends what your take is on 'made it'

I have a fantastic daughter & two grandchildren & I am getting married this year to my partner of 5 years ( found 'the one' at long last lol).

I am loving my work as I have two part time jobs. I am a nail tech & a personal trainer/nutritionist. I dont earn a huge amount, but neither do I need to, so I definately think I've made it as I'm really happy with my life :)

I just want to provide for my family, continue to enjoy working and be referred to as "oh yeah Clare, she's amazing" ha ha I am very fickle x

I dont think thats fickle at all, I actually think its the most admirable thing to aspire to, and you can have a hundred and one certificates hung on your wall, but the ultimate acheivement is for your name to be known locally, and for people in your town to know that if you want decent nails, you should see Claire because she's the best nail tech round here. It's also the hardest thing to acheive because customers are brutal so its bloody hard work to get that status!!

Providing for my family is my ultimate goal too. Dont get me wrong, if I won the euro millions tomorrow nothing would change because I would still work, I love my job, but I want to build an amazing business so I can make my kids lives easier as they become young adults, and so I can spend quality time with my husband now that my kids are reaching the age of fleeing the nest

I dont think thats fickle at all, I actually think its the most admirable thing to aspire to, and you can have a hundred and one certificates hung on your wall, but the ultimate acheivement is for your name to be known locally, and for people in your town to know that if you want decent nails, you should see Claire because she's the best nail tech round here. It's also the hardest thing to acheive because customers are brutal so its bloody hard work to get that status!!

Providing for my family is my ultimate goal too. Dont get me wrong, if I won the euro millions tomorrow nothing would change because I would still work, I love my job, but I want to build an amazing business so I can make my kids lives easier as they become young adults, and so I can spend quality time with my husband now that my kids are reaching the age of fleeing the nest

Yes that's what I want. Respect and gratitude because I do something brilliant and amazing. At the moment I'm ok! But I can't settle for ok! X

I haven't no where near (jobless:lol:) xxx

Latest posts

Back