When do you put the presents out from Santa?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gawjus36

Reaction score
Urgh, every year I stress to the max about being caught by my kiddies, either wrapping or setting the pressies out. I have a 4, a 5 and an 8 year old and very much want to keep their belief alive.

So, in previous years my hubster and I would wrap and set the presents out on Christmas Eve but I think I need to change my approach.

What do you guys do to keep the magic going for your kiddies? I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas!

Merry Christmas!

Xxxxx

I got hugely frightened by seeing Santa in our house as a small child one Christmas Eve (obv family member dressed up-but he came to my room and said hello as he put stuff on my bed)
So I've always told my kids that Santa comes to our house when we go out, he has a special key that can only let him into some houses when no one is home... Then everything is wrapped and each time we leave the house a few more pressies are added and the kids were always amazed lol.
Or give the key to a neighbour friend and all leave at same time then friend would fill the tree and kids would be super amazed when they came back tgen too lol.

Victoriabar that is such a good idea! :) xx

What do you mean? Santa puts our presents out :p

I normally wrap when the kids are in school and just put them out on christmas eve. kids are pretty good and go to sleep at 8.

I wait until my two are asleep and put them out around 10pm luckily I live in a bungalow so if they come out their room I hear them , hasn't happened yet though x

Wait till they are asleep and put them out before I go to bed. My little girl normally has a stir about 9ish so once she is fast asleep they go out.

Happy Xmas all x x

My sister and her partner really go all out for my nephew...

Her partner will bring the presents in wearing his work boots after he's gone to bed and my sister tips talcum powder around his foot prints so it looks like snow has fell off santa's boots as he dropped the presents off in a trail haha my nephew was more amazed at that than the amount if presents he had under the tree!

Try it out see what your kiddies think xx

My sister and her partner really go all out for my nephew...

Her partner will bring the presents in wearing his work boots after he's gone to bed and my sister tips talcum powder around his foot prints so it looks like snow has fell off santa's boots as he dropped the presents off in a trail haha my nephew was more amazed at that than the amount if presents he had under the tree!

Try it out see what your kiddies think xx

Love this!!! My kiddies do get off to sleep, they go to bed at 7.30pm but I just get so worried that we disturb them whilst we put the presents out before we go to bed 😰

I just wondered if anyone set their alarm for the early hours or did something that works well for them?
We put reindeer food in the garden and fairy dust on the window sills so that Santa can magically get in the house. I never imagined being a parent at Christmas would be so difficult!!!! Lol!

Been a mad panick this year, wee one 3 years old and just her and I in the house with no outside help so mainly internet shops and mysterious parcels from the postie til now. Had to go into town with her yesterday for the final touches and was literally throwing stuff at the sales assistant in Claire's so I wasn't caught!

Only on SG just now because I started wrapping everything and wee one got out of bed feeling unwell so I'm sitting guard at her room door til the coast is clear and I can get back to wrapping! Madness but worth seeing the glint in her eyes when she's thinking of the magic :)

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

OMG - wait tilll they're in their teens / early 20s! I still do stockings for them (tradition never dies), but have to wait until they finally get in from their festivities (so usually about 4am!). Can't put pressies out before that because "santa only comes when you alseep" lol. As old as they are, they still all bring their stockings into my room xmas morn (regardless of their hangovers), sit on my bed, see what santa has bought, and THAT'S the start of my xmas.

All "proper" pressies are opened AFTER dinner, (when the MEN) have cleared up (again, tradition).

Ha ha I still get presents from Santa and I'm in my thirties. I also put one or two from Santa for my teenage step daughter.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm 32, my sisters are 39 & 42 & we still get stockings from our parents, but full of jokey things like de-icer, Mr Muscle cleaner, sprouts, a tea bag in an envelope with "have a drink" wrote on it !!

But a few years ago one of my sisters & I did a stocking each for our parents, full of things from the £1 shop & stuff in the house liked tinned food they don't particularly like each !!

As kids, my dad used to do all the wrapping on Christmas eve after we were in bed. I do remember 1 year finding inside the wrapping paper on top of the box of a present, the TV Times accidentally wrapped as well !!
I cant remember what my dad said though !!

My children are getting older now and we tend to have friends round Christmas Eve who don't leave till about 11. We'd then have to wait until the children were definitely asleep!

This year Father Christmas has told me to tell them (at nearly 12 & nearly 14 they just rolled their eyes and agreed) that there were so many boys and girls Santa was worried they'd be awake when he called so miss their slot for presents. He's asked if they can put their stockings downstairs this year to guarantee they get filled.

I did hear my daughter telling her friend not to mention anything about Father Christmas 'because I think mum still believes in him' - classic!

As kids, my dad used to do all the wrapping on Christmas eve after we were in bed. I do remember 1 year finding inside the wrapping paper on top of the box of a present, the TV Times accidentally wrapped as well !!
I cant remember what my dad said though !!

My mum used to say Santa would bring the presents and she would wrap them else he wouldn't have time to get to all the kids haha x

Latest posts

Back