when is it acceptable to tell a bride 'no'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This client obviously has no respect for your time. Just because it is not your official working hours you are making it your working hours just for her and this should already mean she should be paying you even extra for going out of your way!

Like Persianista said just write her a professional reply and see if she gets back to you.

If it where me, I would decline her custom as she sounds like no matter what, she will complain to try and ethier not pay or get some money back.

You could always replying saying something like "oh sorry that was my mistake, the hour from 8am to 9am should have been charged at £40 as it is out-of-normal working hours":twisted:

Sam xx

i agree with Persianista and Katelisa and i wonder how much she put out for the dress, venue, flowers, presents, dinning, your fee doesnt even scratch the surface of the costs of any of those services, sounds like a girl with big lavish ideas but doesnt have the money to pay for them, she's a 'wannabe', so false, id definately want payment up front, she's going to go out of her way to make you all skivy around her like little maids dressing 'her highness' for her audience to gasp breathlessly at the sight of such beauty, OMG ! (remind her she hasnt earned stardom status)

remind her she's not going on the stage, she's 'not' a celebrity and she's definately not earned celebrity status

It's all been said and I agree. Dont bend to suit that client

Another thought, has she thought of your comforts ? your expected to spend the day running after her for a pittence, has she made arrangements for your meals, coffee etc, or are you expected to cough up for hotel expenses for staff and yourself or simply go without all day long,
fact is she doesnt have the means to afford the V.I.P treatment and she doesnt mind how much you suffer to acheive her aims, i would definately be checking lunch arrangements for yourself and your staff and i would suggest to her that she hasnt really thought this through properly. i 'wouldnt dance to her tune' she's a brat

So does she think that if she got married at 3 am, and you were there between 2 and 6 am, it should be totally free as you wouldnt be in the salon? What an absolute load of crap she is spewing.

Any bride who wants 3 seperate hair and makeup looks is an idiot to begin with. It's not a Britney Spears concert. It's a wedding. Give me a break.

She needs a good smack upside the head.

Hahaha that gave me such a giggle.

I agree don't drop your price, you pay for what you get so if she wants to look fab then she should expect to pay for it, otherwise she can just get aunty flo to do it for a tenner x

Is Aunty Flo available for a manicure next Tuesday? A tenner is cheap lol

Another thought, has she thought of your comforts ? your expected to spend the day running after her for a pittence, has she made arrangements for your meals, coffee etc, or are you expected to cough up for hotel expenses for staff and yourself or simply go without all day long,
fact is she doesnt have the means to afford the V.I.P treatment and she doesnt mind how much you suffer to acheive her aims, i would definately be checking lunch arrangements for yourself and your staff and i would suggest to her that she hasnt really thought this through properly. i 'wouldnt dance to her tune' she's a brat

Good point. When a photographer is at a wedding all day through to evening you have to provide meals for photographer and assistant. Obviously not as a wedding guest, usually something at the bar.

One of the hair-up course i went on made a very good point what do people see and talk about the dress ,flowers & the hair look how much they pay for dresses so why should they not pay top dollar for there hair

What a cheek!! She's lucky you aren't charging her time and a half for that early start!
As usual Persianista has put it perfectly.
If you do end up with this brat as a client, be sure to get the money up front.
But fingers crossed she will be so convinced that you don't mean your deadline that she'll leave it a couple of days and then you can reply. Terribly sorry, you missed the deadline, I'm now fully booked on that day.
Best of luck, it sounds like you have worked hard for what you've got and have finally reached a point where you can enjoy it. xx

You have to laugh.They spend a fortune on venue, flowers,cars, invites,dress, shoes,cake,photos ect. Then when it comes to hair an make up bridezilla wants to haggle and cut costs.Did they do this with all the other service providers? She could have the most amazing dress and if the hair and make up are not right ....that's what she will see everytime she looks back at her photo album! Hope she declines your very reasonable offer she sounds a nightmare.goodluck which ever way it turns out.

Alright lovlies,

I replyed the next day when I was a bit more chilled out... i used a couple of Persianistas lines and I said I was sorry I had made a few business mistakes and not chased her for a deposit as i understood she was busy and I shouldn't have been so nice to her. I gave her 3 options
1. that she comes to the salon at 9 (tho she has to be completely ready a the venue at half 9) and i do her makeup for the normal £70 amount
2. that i come to her for 2 hours 8-10, charged at call out £20 an hour, do her one look for £70 and that im not staying to do 'touch ups' as she knows from her 2 trials that the makeup will be perfect unless she is uncontrollably emotional (and ive got a feeling staying past the 1st part the 'touch ups' would have been a completely different eye colour change and lip change and almost a 2nd look that she was trying to get out of paying £70 for!)
3. that she accepted my apologies that I couldnt do as she wished for her budget

i also said her email offended me and she sent a waffly one back, aplologised profusely and chose 2. Yay! I still have the job but I'm looking forward to it now I feel she respects me...

...thank-you very much for all your help

mwah! xxx

ooh am glad you got it sorted hun .. me personally hate bridezillas , lol

I would say:

The total price quoted for the services you require is £xxx. Please confirm or decline this booking by close of business today.

If she doesn't reply/ haggles/ umms and ahs ;

Thankyou for your interest in our company. We are sorry that we are not able to provide the amount of services you require within your budget. We would like to take this opportunity to wish you every happiness on your wedding day.

Then walk away. Punters should not be telling you what you should be earning.

Fab advice, as always!

Grrr made me angry reading that. Sounds like a right bridezilla! Stick to you guns. 3 styles! Blimey!! Tell her to find someone else if she's not happy, you have been more than helpful! Good luck x

What a pain. Mind you, numpties like that usually end up divorced long before they have managed to pay off the loan on their ego trip wedding day.:lick:

Alright lovlies,

I replyed the next day when I was a bit more chilled out... i used a couple of Persianistas lines and I said I was sorry I had made a few business mistakes and not chased her for a deposit as i understood she was busy and I shouldn't have been so nice to her. I gave her 3 options
1. that she comes to the salon at 9 (tho she has to be completely ready a the venue at half 9) and i do her makeup for the normal £70 amount
2. that i come to her for 2 hours 8-10, charged at call out £20 an hour, do her one look for £70 and that im not staying to do 'touch ups' as she knows from her 2 trials that the makeup will be perfect unless she is uncontrollably emotional (and ive got a feeling staying past the 1st part the 'touch ups' would have been a completely different eye colour change and lip change and almost a 2nd look that she was trying to get out of paying £70 for!)
3. that she accepted my apologies that I couldnt do as she wished for her budget

i also said her email offended me and she sent a waffly one back, aplologised profusely and chose 2. Yay! I still have the job but I'm looking forward to it now I feel she respects me...

...thank-you very much for all your help

mwah! xxx

What a pain. Mind you, numpties like that usually end up divorced long before they have managed to pay off the loan on their ego trip wedding day.:lick:

Zoe - Well done you, a hard lesson to learn my lovely but you must always stay in control of your work and your business, this includes how you work and what your charge. Know your worth!

Someone previously mentioned getting the payment up front -I strongly agree with this advise!!!

Tireeteam - Hahaha, how true is this!! Lol

Jacqui xx

This made me giggle, a lot!! Good on you for standing your ground, I'm still pretty new to the beauty industry but the advice on here is brilliant! Xx

Latest posts

Back