Where is your Salon based?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you work?

• Salon based

Votes: 83 21.3%
  • Rent space or room in a Salon

Votes: 48 12.3%
  • Mobile

Votes: 143 36.8%
  • Home Salon

Votes: 115 29.6%

• Total voters
I worked in salons for 8 years. but left 2 years ago and have a salon/room in my home and do a bit of mobile too. I find doing both works out well as I can accomadate most peoples wants/needs. But although it is tough at times I still love it x

I have 7 years experience a bout makeup,hair in the middle east. Im mobile at the moment , i tried to work in my flat , but i can not ,because im a foreigner ,there is only one way, which is if i partner with local. I have been living here a bout 32 years.. My makeup style is ( Arabic & European ) and the style is also ( Arabic & European ) i love my job so much::Love:

Well I haven't actually started as yet, am still practising and working on my NVQ. Also have another job 2 days a wk totally unrelated to nails, so that and two kiddies under 4yrs I plan to not stress myself out and take time to study, research and get practising.

Planning to go mobile, but also already planning how I would kit out my daughters room to set up at home too. Not that hubby knows this yet of course, let alone my 22 month old, but hey she can move into the much bigger guest room!

Would ulimtately like to have set up at home so don't have to lug kit everywhere if poss.

I work from home. I am lucky enough to live in a 4 bed 2 bath so there is plenty of space. The one thing is, as I am after hours I feel very bad for my dog as she is trapped outside a lot :cry: Luckily my husband works in mining and is home every second week in the day time!

I am hoping to get all my little glitches sorted and make sure I have a very professional application before I quit my day job. I wanted to get into beauty due to the creativity and for when I have children.

Does anyone work at home with children and find that it is ok?

Am mobile and also work from home, in team with my hairdressing mummy!

I have been mobile since 2010... but had a break in between to have Lily.. (now 22 weeks).. went back to mobile week before xmas just gone.. but finding it very hard as had a c section with alot of problems after.. wont bore with details :O)..

Had an amazing opportunity my way in a fashion boutique in our town .. the owner is an amazing woman.. so i rent a space there for 2 days.. hopefully more in the future it works really well as we are 2 different trades that gel together perfectly :O).. but i still do mobile lol. have a lot of ladies who cant get to salons etc...so it has taken the pressure off loads...

would love a home salon.. but no space to do it at my house :O(..

*** dreams....... one day one will have ones own salon... dreammmmmmm *** lol

Sarah xx

I've voted:)

I have a home based salon.
We converted half of our double lock up garage, so I have half of it and the car and laundry have the other half.
We built walls in and put access doors in, so at no time can any clients see what is on the other side of the wall and door.
The entrance is one step to the right of my front door, so clients don't have to walk through my house to get into the salon.
It's not fully finished yet though and I'm sort of wishing I had a bit more space, so am in the middle of trying to re-arrange shelving etc to try and get a bit more space.
Hubby is building me a custom made pedi chair soon and as things stand right now, I have no idea where it's going to fit nicely.

I thought about doing mobile as well but once I looked into it, added up costs etc, I figured it just wasn't worth the hassle due to the amount of wasted time with driving, unpacking and packing up everything, I can fit more clients into one day from a salon than I can mobile.

I decided to do a home salon due to personal reasons, I have a 15yr old disabled daughter who I have to homes school, so I can have her doing schooling while I'm working and it works in well together:)

Each to their own though, you have to work in the conditions that suit you and your family I reckon.

I'm salon based and mobile!

I've voted Home based, but I do also rent a room in a salon one day a week.

Hi Ladies, with being at college and I don't have a car at the moment, my fiancé has turned a large spare bedroom into my home salon. He's thoroughly enjoyed it, and making me happy in the process ( his words )

Plus now I have somewhere to do my HD Brows when I complete the course in April x

I'm mobile 4 nails and wrk from my mums Barn conversion 4 all other beauty treatments. It's great because I can wrk it around my son who is only 3. Once I've finished 'breeding' (lol) I would like my own salon and staff but 4 now this wrks 4 me and I can book clients around the school run, parents evening and sports days! :)

I am salon based now but still have a few mobile clients and still do the parties where ever the venue is etc.

Hi its amazing to see how many therapists are mobile! I've done a tiny bit of that but find it hard work lugging all the kit about (plus yesterday I discovered that my whole wax pot had leaked in my kit bag so has ruined my mobile kit! grrr).
Anyway after working for someone for a few years I took the plunge and now work for myself in a lovely big room underneath a hair salon. Only been there since July but absolutely love it! really nice atmosphere, have a good banter with the hairdressers, love being my own boss and getting new clients coming all the time :D Also I actually run it with a friend who has been working from home so the plus side of that is we only have to do half the week each and there is always cover if one of us is ill or on holiday, perfect!
x

well i am based in north wales and i run a hair & beauty salon. Coming upto our 2 year birthday end of the month. :)

hi there, i notice home salon is so popular.
I started working from home and did mobile for 1 year then i moved in to a salon above a hair dresses. I felt there i could really express my self and i now employ 2 staff.Ive been in there 5 years now and could do with making a move to ground floor premises or finding my own shop Im feeling a bit confused.com x:rolleyes:

I am mobile at the moment, but am wanting a home salon.......desperately trying to create some space, or convince my partener to get me a conservatory or summerhouse.

Things have moved on for me now. I now rent the floor above a hairdressers, its quite a good size with a smaller room within it for my beauty bed. I love it :biggrin:

I'm just about to go back to working in a salon. I would love to one day have a home salon though :)

I first worked in a salon for nearly 2 years then decided to go and work for myself first did it from home but as I was flatting that didn't work out so well so decided to go mobile and then after about 5 years got very tired of being mobile so found a place with a garage already turned into a salon and have been loving it! :)

I am mobile just started recently but would love to do it from home eventually

Latest posts

Back