Where is your Salon based?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you work?

• Salon based

Votes: 83 21.3%
  • Rent space or room in a Salon

Votes: 48 12.3%
  • Mobile

Votes: 143 36.8%
  • Home Salon

Votes: 115 29.6%

• Total voters

An*Gel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of Geeks on this site work from Home or are Mobile and I was curious to see how many are mobile, home and salon based.

So I thought I'd create a poll and find out.

I started out by renting a space in a Salon, then owned a Salon, rented a space in a Hair Salon and now I work from Home.

:)

Currently mobile but have my own salon now which I am constantly working on in my free time to hopefully be open by the end of this month! .. I shall then post pics of my new salon on the "show me yours, and il show you mine" thread :p can't wait!! .. Good bye social life!!

Good thread An*gel :) xxx

Im mobile now after being employed for years, had my own salon at 21 for a year but left it to travel, my next move will be a home salon, hopefully in our garage :D

Good thread An*gel xx

I am mobile at the moment, but am wanting a home salon.......desperately trying to create some space, or convince my partener to get me a conservatory or summerhouse.

Thanks a million girls, I'm loving this thread already and I just love to hear everyone's stories.

Can't wait to see those pics Abstyle :)

Don't forget to hit the vote option on the poll!

Thanks a million girls, I'm loving this thread already and I just love to hear everyone's stories.

Can't wait to see those pics Abstyle :)

Thanks Hun, I can't wait till it's complete and the doors are open :) .. I have taken pics of every step along the way of it's transformation (there's been a lot of work done!) and it makes me feel so proud :) xx

Where do I find the poll to vote? Or can I not see it on my iPhone? X

I'm mobile at the moment but as soon as we have a roof on the back room (yes you read it right) that will be my space. Can't wait
Vicki x

Where do I find the poll to vote? Or can I not see it on my iPhone? X

You might need to view in Safari to be able to see the poll and vote.

I too have a home salon, converted bedroom with frosted window. Mobile has never appealed to me personally, too much faffing about for my liking, time consuming, and I'd never know what I'm walking into with first time clients (workspace, pets, kids etc) at home I have everything set up nicely and to hand - and clients know I don't allow children in the salon :D

I rent a room in the old coach house of some historical gardens :) very pretty!!

i used to work in a salon and from home!! X

I rent a room in the old coach house of some historical gardens :) very pretty!!

i used to work in a salon and from home!! X

Wow that sounds a lovely place to be
Vicki x

I currently rent a room in my little village above a hairdressers, im hoping by the end of the year i find my own premesis and open a salon :) x

Cat your place sounds beautiful x

I rented a room in a leisure centre in my local town to begin with 8 years ago... then took on a salon across the road, made it lovely and stayed for 2 years... (pic number 1 below).

Got a new landlord who turned out to be a very nasty man so moved into another place nearby. Was burgled 3 times in 6 months :sad: so bit the bullet and headed for the city centre of Edinburgh 16 months ago and have never looked back :) (pix 2/3/4).

Am currently working on salon number 2 , also in Edinburgh, and have my treatment room at home to service my clients who were loyal to me in my local town... phew. Great thread - am off to vote in the poll. BTW Cat - your place sounds gorgeous!! Do you have a pic? x

Love your Salon LIME, glad it all turned out well... in the end! :)

All pics welcome by the way... I love looking at everyone's set up.

I've noticed a lot of Geeks on this site work from Home or are Mobile and I was curious to see how many are mobile, home and salon based.

So I thought I'd create a poll and find out.

I started out by renting a space in a Salon, then owned a Salon, rented a space in a Hair Salon and now I work from Home.

So which do you prefer An*Gel? I am presuming your Home Salon as this is where you are now...

I'm currently mobile but working on making one of my rooms at home into my little beauty studio!

And I'm so excited! As soon as my Council OKs it I'll be probably drunk for a week :)

I have a room set up at my mums, I also do a bit of mobile.

I have the opportunity to rent some space in a small hairdressers that has opened up on my estate but it doesn't look like I will be able to do that until September time due to childcare. I'm trying to turn that into a positive thing as hopefully the hairdressers will have built up a good client list by then so lots of potential clients for me!

i couldn't work from home firstly i have to keep it super tidy and secondly could you imagine coming up to my house and cattle lewing outside , and we could be all ordered out any minute to stand in a gap while they were moved. ha ha.
love the santuary of my salon, my space, peace and quiet!

So which do you prefer An*Gel? I am presuming your Home Salon as this is where you are now...

Good question.

I loved them all to be honest and was busy wherever I worked. It's great to have your own Salon, but it was a headache too and I don't miss that!

I was the busiest in the Hair Salon though... I never got a minute, which was great and because I have built up a clientèle over the years I can now afford to work from home, where I'm not relying on walk ins.

It has its pros and cons, but at the moment, it's perfect for me and I'm loving it, but I'm glad I did everything in the order that I did.

I worked from home first but then ran out of room and had too many staff so now I have a salon.

Latest posts

Back