Where is your Salon based?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you work?

• Salon based

Votes: 83 21.3%
  • Rent space or room in a Salon

Votes: 48 12.3%
  • Mobile

Votes: 143 36.8%
  • Home Salon

Votes: 115 29.6%

• Total voters
Great poll and thread An*gel! I'm a bit of a weird mix, but I voted room rental. I rent a mini spa cabin that is what it says it is lol! Its the in the grounds of a health shop and also has a hydrotherapy bath and infra-red therapy sauna. I also offer a mobile service so I am available to a wider selection of people.

Love n hugs xxx

I have a salon in opposite the supermarket in my town, very busy too!

Tesco have just announced they are building a super store across the road too so plenty more clients for me!

I have been mobile and home based and, at the mo, salon based works better for me. My prob is, I can never say no to a client so I would never get any rest if they were coming to the house

Great thread! Xx

Did you want to include U.S.?

I'm Home based. Finishing touches still to do but I work from a Summerhouse in my garden. It's beautiful. I love it. And can't wait to work in there throughout the Spring and Summer, it's going to be lovely xx

I'm Home based. Finishing touches still to do but I work from a Summerhouse in my garden. It's beautiful. I love it. And can't wait to work in there throughout the Spring and Summer, it's going to be lovely xx

Have you started doing clients now Planky? How's it going...well I hope :)

I am home based and absolutely love it. I have my beauty room in my spare bedroom all set up and done up. I qualified in June last year and took the plunge and went straight from home. I have loads of regulars and they all love coming into a relaxed and homely environment where they get one to one time, a cuppa and can pick up our conversation where we left it.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Beautiful Lime i love the coulors !! i have a home salon but im thinking i need to expand trouble is i love it !! x

Have you started doing clients now Planky? How's it going...well I hope :)

Other than friends not yet :o I have had quite a lot going on personally the last few months so completely lost my mojo as no time to concentrate on anything to do with the salon. But I'm back and going to spend this week concentrating on my site and marketing and FB and hopefully will get me buzzing again, being back on here is helping already :wink2: xx

My salon is in a summerhouse at the end of my garden, clients love it. I also do mobile but to be honest 95% of clients come to me.

Other than friends not yet :o I have had quite a lot going on personally the last few months so completely lost my mojo as no time to concentrate on anything to do with the salon. But I'm back and going to spend this week concentrating on my site and marketing and FB and hopefully will get me buzzing again, being back on here is helping already :wink2: xx

Oh bless...thought I hadn't seen you on here for a while. Well you always know you can trust your Geeky friends to give you inspiration and support.

Glad you are getting there with the new business, and with Spring just around the corner you'll be loving working in your summerhouse ehh :)

...onwards and upwards...

I knew there were a lot of Home Salons, but I'm very surprised to see that it's over 40% so far!

Keep voting everyone and thanks for all the replies :hug:

I am employed and work in a salon in broadstairs kent under a hairdressers and i love it been there 2 yrs 3 months and everything is great.... xx:D

Attachments

• 21079_264878966948_161800761948_3872542_3024516_n.jpg
    21079_264878966948_161800761948_3872542_3024516_n.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 162
I qualified in Oct last year and started renting a room at a gym but it didn't work out so I moved from there and am currently doing a bit here and there mobile as I am decorating a salon above a hair salon and hope to move in there next week. personally i don't like doing mobile as I find it too much of a faff. I like all my things in one place. In the future I would like to have my very own salon but I'm just waiitng for the right property to become available at the right price!:lol:

i finish my acrylics training on the 20th of feb, i work full time monday-friday 9-5 in an accounts office (my course is on monday evenings) i do mobile work tuesday, friday and alternate wednesdays and i have just got a job on thursday evenings and saturday days in a beauty salon its hard work and can b very tiring alot of the time but so worth it i love doing nails and wish id have started sooner rather then waiting to just before my 26th to grow a pair but i guess thats how it was meant to b, the dream is to own a chain of salons would love to work from home i do for friends and family but i only live jn a one bed flat.

The past 8 years I've always worked for someone else.

I thought about time I work for me me!

Opened a beauty room above a hair salon 2 weeks ago & I love it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1327909922.220702.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1327909922.220702.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 144
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1327909950.222475.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1327909950.222475.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 141
I'm mobile and have been for 7 years...... I know lots of geeks are of the opinion that mobile is a faff but when you get yourself organised it's not that hard! Also if you offer a good, reliable mobile service clients are so loyal, so few tech's seem to be mobile where I am. Plenty will reluctantly say 'well I can come mobile' whereas I am always enthusiastic because it's what I do, except when it's an evening appt and it's -4c outside...... :wink2:

I love the flexibility of it as well as the 'outandaboutness' - can't see me settling down any time soon :biggrin:.

Nice thread An*Gel

I have a treatment room in an indoor market. Its a piercing studio on a saturday but mine the rest of the week.

xx

Im work from a room at home and i just love it! Although it always scares me that my neighbours are going to kick up a stink one day as its the 'friendliest' street ive ever lived on. Some of them are very set in their ways and dont like change...!

Im work from a room at home and i just love it! Although it always scares me that my neighbours are going to kick up a stink one day as its the 'friendliest' street ive ever lived on. Some of them are very set in their ways and dont like change...!

Well as long as you have set it up correctly - informed the council, your mortgage provider, your house hold insurance provider and you are fully qualified and insured - there is not much they can do :lol:

Latest posts

Back