Where were you when man landed on the moon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my I feel positively babyish. Give it another 14 years before I was a twinkle in anyones eye. In fact my mother was only 11 at that time. lol.
:hug:

I was an ovum....
Or maybe I was a sperm.... I'm really not quite sure how that works.:lol:

As for those that disbelieve, I'm STUNNED. I didn't know that some people didn't believe it happened...:eek:
So then my question then becomes: do you believe in dinosaurs?
And my other question is: if you don't believe we ever landed on the moon, do you believe there is a god?

Just wondering out of curiosity.

pack it in with the gloating you young folk !:lol:

seems any of us who are old enough to have been there are too senile to recall our whereabouts:rolleyes:

I was only a youngster but I was actually watching it on television , I was more gripped with fear in case they fried upon entering the earths atmosphere the wrong angle and speed when they were coming back :eek:
I watched the conspiracy theories too and they mentioned the shadows were all wrong and the flags placed there were blowing in the wind when there was no wind
the theories were very convincing about the suns positions and shadows
so I now do not know what to think , but I have picked up a rock which said it was from the moon in the Liverpool museum it was unbelievably heavy for its smallish size :hug: x minky

Oh my I feel positively babyish. Give it another 14 years before I was a twinkle in anyones eye. In fact my mother was only 11 at that time. lol.

Oh shut up you.:smack:
:lol::lol:

I was an ovum....
Or maybe I was a sperm.... I'm really not quite sure how that works.:lol:

As for those that disbelieve, I'm STUNNED. I didn't know that some people didn't believe it happened...:eek:
So then my question then becomes: do you believe in dinosaurs?
And my other question is: if you don't believe we ever landed on the moon, do you believe there is a god?

Just wondering out of curiosity.

Trust you to ask those kind of questions:eek::lol:
so i would say yes,no and yes:D...or is it yes to the second question,omg i am confused now!

Last edited:
Trust you to ask those kind of questions:eek::lol:
so i would say yes,no and yes:D...or is it yes to the second question,omg i am confused now!

:lol:

Now I'm REALLY confused myself hehehehe

I can't help it. I have an enquiring mind and always want to get to the root of things.
Also, I frequently have to kick myself to not turn something into a majorly deep discussion... it's that inner need to pick it all apart and understand the 'why' 100%:lol:

I'll be quiet and wander off now and not start a debate that will aggravate my pals :hug:

I wasnt even thaught off, my mum would have just been born.

I didnt realise that was 40 years though, was there much on the tv about it? I really like all the space stuff, i find it very interesting. Id love to go to the moon.

I was also forming myself into a human in my mum's tummy at the time...

but being moi...I don't believe it happened either...not quite then anyway.

I do believe man has been to the moon of course...
I just think the 'televised' moon landing at that date and time in 1969 was a load of tosh.

I am a hugggggeeeeee conspiricy believer as I have said before on here. :wink2:

I dont know what god and dinosaurs have got to do with it :lol:.
In a poll in britain lately i think it was something like 60% of people either dont believe or are doubters so im not alone.There are many sites,books and programmes both for and against, this site is one that gives the info against.Of course there are others that have an answer for it all The Apollo Hoax

If we could go there 40 years ago do you not think that with todays technology we would be up and down there all the time, have a space station on it and other countries would definately have been there particularly Russia.

Last edited:
I dont know what god and dinosaurs have got to do with it :lol:.

My thought was if they thought that landing on the moon was impossible, then how do they believe in god? (since no one has ever seen him, etc... and given all the things that god is given credit for... that was my train of thought). Sorry :o As I confessed earlier, I like to pull things apart and get to the bottom of it. I wasn't going to comment further, but wanted to explain my question

If we could go there 40 years ago do you not think that with todays technology we would be up and down there all the time, have a space station on it and other countries would definately have been there particularly Russia.

Sorry, forgot this question.
It's cost prohibitive, that's why we don't go back and forth. Technology has taken great leaps and bounds, but the average person isn't concerned about visiting the moon, they're more interested in better quality movies and cooking their supper faster. That's where the money goes. So, in my estimation, there have been more advances in technology in day to day life than there have been in space exploration.

BUT I don't think it's far now.

Sorry, forgot this question.
It's cost prohibitive, that's why we don't go back and forth. Technology has taken great leaps and bounds, but the average person isn't concerned about visiting the moon, they're more interested in better quality movies and cooking their supper faster. That's where the money goes. So, in my estimation, there have been more advances in technology in day to day life than there have been in space exploration.

BUT I don't think it's far now.

Argh but they have never stopped spending billions on space exploration thats what NASA does.

The shuttle,the space station,unmanned crafts that are flying around or landing on mars,trying to find ETs.

Once Everest was conquered it didn't stop everyone else from wanting to go there too.

My thought was if they thought that landing on the moon was impossible, then how do they believe in god? (since no one has ever seen him, etc... and given all the things that god is given credit for... that was my train of thought). Sorry :o As I confessed earlier, I like to pull things apart and get to the bottom of it. I wasn't going to comment further, but wanted to explain my question

Hi Victoria, here is a good peice of info connecting the two together

Buzz Aldrin's lunar Communion

Bess writes: The little-reported religious aspect of the 1969 moon landing is covered by Beliefnet in this fascinating story on Buzz Aldrin holding a lunar communion. During the NASA-provided radio blackout – requested by Aldrin to allow for each person on earth to “contemplate for a moment the events of the last few hours” and give thanks – he opened a “packet of bread” and a “vial of wine” blessed weeks previously at Webster Presbyterian, his home church near Houston. He read a passage of Scripture: John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches”.
Then he tipped the communion wine into a cup. Recording that moment in a Guideposts magazine in 1970, Aldrin wrote "In the one-sixth gravity of the moon, the wine curled slowly and gracefully up the side of the cup. "I ate the tiny Host and swallowed the wine. I gave thanks for the intelligence and spirit that had brought two young pilots to the Sea of Tranquility." Ruth Gledhill has more details on our sister blog Articles of Faith. Yesterday a church strong in astronaut and space scientist worshippers, Monte Sano United Methodist in Huntsville, celebrated this moment with its annual “Lunar Communion.” This service is held each year on the Sunday closest to the anniversary of the Apollo II moon landing. It was proposed by the astronaut Jan Davis who says her own faith has been enriched by seeing earth from space.
“Going round the Earth once every hour and a half, you see it changing every time. I feel closer to God there,” says Davis, who has completed three space shuttle journeys.

Argh but they have never stopped spending billions on space exploration thats what NASA does.

The shuttle,the space station,unmanned crafts that are flying around or landing on mars,trying to find ETs.

Once Everest was conquered it didn't stop everyone else from wanting to go there too.

Yup yup.. I agree.
BUT more money has been spent on other things COLLECTIVELY vs the billions on space exploration. That was my point.

We'll be there soon enough I'm sure.
Frankly, I've no interest to go and would rather MY tax dollars weren't spent on it. We know we can't live there, so why keep visiting? THAT I don't understand.
NOW if they wanted to check out a planet that was possibly inhabitable by the human race.... THAT I would support since we've done such a fabulous job of destroying this one :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, interesting reading!
BUT.... I'm a nasty lil' atheist and don't believe in god BUT I do believe we went to the moon :lol:

Hi Victoria, here is a good peice of info connecting the two together

Buzz Aldrin's lunar Communion

Bess writes: The little-reported religious aspect of the 1969 moon landing is covered by Beliefnet in this fascinating story on Buzz Aldrin holding a lunar communion. During the NASA-provided radio blackout – requested by Aldrin to allow for each person on earth to “contemplate for a moment the events of the last few hours” and give thanks – he opened a “packet of bread” and a “vial of wine” blessed weeks previously at Webster Presbyterian, his home church near Houston. He read a passage of Scripture: John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches”.
Then he tipped the communion wine into a cup. Recording that moment in a Guideposts magazine in 1970, Aldrin wrote "In the one-sixth gravity of the moon, the wine curled slowly and gracefully up the side of the cup. "I ate the tiny Host and swallowed the wine. I gave thanks for the intelligence and spirit that had brought two young pilots to the Sea of Tranquility." Ruth Gledhill has more details on our sister blog Articles of Faith. Yesterday a church strong in astronaut and space scientist worshippers, Monte Sano United Methodist in Huntsville, celebrated this moment with its annual “Lunar Communion.” This service is held each year on the Sunday closest to the anniversary of the Apollo II moon landing. It was proposed by the astronaut Jan Davis who says her own faith has been enriched by seeing earth from space.
“Going round the Earth once every hour and a half, you see it changing every time. I feel closer to God there,” says Davis, who has completed three space shuttle journeys.

I never thought it would spark so much intrigue this thread...:eek::lol:

Wow ...have we landed on the moon already then... :irked:

when did that happen ....dam guess will just have to put away my home build rocket kit that I was developing in the back garden then ...dam NASA they beat me to it every time :eek::lol::lol:

Right..can anyone give me directions to Mars then :rolleyes:

Wow ...have we landed on the moon already then... :irked:

when did that happen ....dam guess will just have to put away my home build rocket kit that I was developing in the back garden then ...dam NASA they beat me to it every time :eek::lol::lol:

Right..can anyone give me directions to Mars then :rolleyes:
Well men are fom mars are they not:idea::lol:

Latest posts

Back