Where were you when man landed on the moon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
Today is 40 years when "one giant leap for mankind" was aired on our tv screens.

I have no idea where i was at the time as i was still unborn,but for a few months later:lol:

So for you older geeks aged 40 and over:eek:,where were you do you remember this historic moment....incidentally apollo last went to ther moon in dec 1972,and man has not been back ever since...!

Well i was not even i twinkle in my dads eye :green: but it was my mums 16th birthday !

well i was only 4, but i do remember it.

BIG stuff always seemed to be happening back then, like the moon landing, olympics, hijacking planes, droughts etc.

maybe they just seemed like BIG things because i was only little or maybe we are just used to things like that now.

Well im afraid im an unbeliever,i do vaguely remember something going on as i would have been about 6.

I was taking a music exam that day in Cardiff, can't remember if it was grade 1 or 2 - I remember watching a bit of it on a tv in a shop window in one of the arcades with loads of other people!

I was in my mummy's tummy :green:

I wouldn't be around for almost another 5 years...

I was sat in the lounge at home with all the family aged 13..............the whole thing has fascinated me ever since

Well i was in my mums tummy awaiting birth in september lol

Well im afraid im an unbeliever,i do vaguely remember something going on as i would have been about 6.
Your not the first person who has said this to me today !

I was two days away from being born! :green:

I was made to sit and watch it by my Dad who told me that I would thank him for it later. I'd be interested to hear why Gillian is an unbeliever though!

I was made to sit and watch it by my Dad who told me that I would thank him for it later.
Do you thank him for it?:green:

A bit confused there...did you think it was a hoax:eek:

I don't think ive ever believed it even before all the conspiracy programmes.
Its just my opinion and something i would like to see proved to me as beyond doubt because it is such an amazing and wonderful feat.I hope i along with many other doubters are wrong.
I went to the Kennedy space centre a few years ago and even then i just felt this is just not real.I felt uncomfortable there.

Gillian do you remember that film that was made somewhen in the 80's I think about a faked landing on Mars? I have to say it made the whole conspiracy thing seem very plausable. :eek:

Yes i remember it,Capricorn one...made in 1978 in fact...geez how do i know these strange facts:eek::eek:

Whatever the opinions i still feel that i do believe..i watched a documentary on bbc 4 about the wives of the astronauts....and how they coped with it all,including infidelity,the media and how they were subjected to extreme hysteria from the public....then they had a reunion this year,it was very enlightening:)

Yes i remember it,Capricorn one...made in 1978 in fact...geez how do i know these strange facts:eek::eek:

Hey I'm impressed! :green: That was the one.

Whatever the opinions i still feel that i do believe..i watched a documentary on bbc 4 about the wives of the astronauts....and how they coped with it all,including infidelity,the media and how they were subjected to extreme hysteria from the public....then they had a reunion this year,it was very enlightening:)

Now ive never seen that.The lack of these kind of documentaries about something so huge is one of the things that has made me a doubter.There isnt really much on now about it, on the anniversary, apart from the conspiracy theory programmes.I would have thought much more would have been made about it.
If it was a hoax i think very few people actually knew it so i dont think there are thousands of people all covering up and telling lies so the wives would have been talking genuinely.

I wasn't around for this event - I still had a month and 3 days in my mothers tum :green:

Latest posts

Back