Where would you rather go for your treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Really wanted to start apoll for this but i cant :irked:

I want you to take your business heads of and think like a client.
If you was going for a beauty treatment where would you rather go for this? (Try not to be judgemental as to where you provide treatments)

A: To a salon
B: To a home based salon
C: The Beauty Therapist comes to you

And why?

Myself id rather someone come to me as im lazy :lol:

xx

I would rather go to a salon, I wouldn't like a treatment in my own home as I like the ambience of a salon where there are no distractions. I'd choose a salon in the high street over a home salon personally as I like to have a cuppa somewhere afterwards!

Hi Geeks,

Really wanted to start apoll for this but i cant :irked:

xx
You can only start a poll if you are a premium geek. It really is worth becoming one. It also helps to support the site.

A high street salon, one that prefably had parking or a spa.

I wouldn't want a mobile therapist unless I knew they had a very good reputation as most of the ones I have met round here have done 1 day courses and due to lack of clientele aren't very experienced in the treatments they are offering (that is just the ones I have heard of & met) I used to be mobile myself so I know that there are good therapists out there :) Also I would feel like I had to blitz the house first to make sure everything tidy, I just couldn't relax at home.

I have been to home salons before and although the salons themselves are lovely I have always struggled to find the damn house, I end up driving up and down the road 3 or 4 times before I actually find it and usually end up with some disaster happening (caused by myself!) Only last week I had a pedicure at a home salon and ended up reversing into a low brick wall at the end of the drive and smashed all my bumper in :grr: and a few years ago I had a facial at a salon based on a farm and reversed into a pile of logs !!!!! Oh and another salon I went to (also on a farm) I was virtually banging on the front door for 10mins as the place was deserted, I was really stressed by the time I got in to have the treatment !!!!

I would not be keen on the therapist coming to me. If I am going to be pampered, I prefer to leave my home for this as it is time out for me.

Personally, I don't mind if the salon is at the therapist's home, provided it is a room dedicated as a salon and not in eg. the kitchen or bedroom. If that was the case then I would rather go to a High street salon. Also, the home salon would need to reflect the therapists prices eg. no dogs barking or kids screaming. Ideally, calm and peaceful.

It depends on the treatment...but to be honest my home is where i go to for a massage as my hubby is a qualified swedish and sports massage therapist:green:...

It does not bother me for nail treatments...i would go to a home salon...but i work from home part time now,and have our own treatment room...

For a facial treatment though i would go to a spa,salon or home salon,but not mobile...however i would have other treatments...hope am not confusing you....it just depends on the treatments!

I'd want to go to a salon. It's the escaping and the (hopefully) calming atmosphere where you can forget about all your normal worries. I have had a home treament before and a Bombini said finding it was tricky and I jut felt like I was intruding on their family time.:rolleyes: However, once i was in the treatment room it was lovely and easy to forget that I was in someone home.

C - I also have my hairdresser come to I much prefer it xxx

I would go to a small salon that didn't have lots of staff or looked too posh,
i don't like the big posh ones with loads of staff, i have always felt intimidated in places like these, (staff with nothing to do stood whispering to each other)
i like a personal down to earth service iykwim,

i wouldn't ever have a mobile come to my home as i am totally against letting strangers into my home

im not against home salons as this would have the one to one personal touch, but haven't tried one yet so don't really know,

hth :hug:

I go to other home-based therapists, mainly ones that I have become friends with. I've also had some mobile treatments where the therapist / tech has come to me, but then I have the treatment in my own beauty room, not in my lounge. I would go to a salon but I'm more likely to ask a friend or someone I've heard is good, than just pick a salon out of the phone book.

I would definitely go to a salon. It's the whole atmosphere and i wouldn't feel like i was treating myself if i was at home or at someone elses house. I like a treatment to be uninterrupted and being at home the fone could ring or the doorbell. At someone elses house this could also happen and i feel like i am imposing if i go to someone elses house.
I go where i feel comfortable. If i have to pay more then so be it.
I could find the best therapist in town but if i don't feel comfortable then i would go somewhere else.

Personally, I find this a bit insulting! I have worked in a salon twice before and find working mobile and home-based works better for me.

I am left feeling here that my services are second rate! My clients would disagree with the answers given. I offer a fully professional service and am on top of my game.

I am a fully qualified tech and continuing my training, does that make me a lesser tech because I don't have a salon :irked:

To me I don't mind where I go or who comes to me as long as they are good!

Personally, I find this a bit insulting! To me I don't mind where I go or who comes to me as long as they are good!

It's nothing to do with the therapist - I wouldn't want a treatment in my own home for the simple reason I can't switch off due to distractions, and I like a high street salon so I can combine it with a trip to the shops & tea rooms.

It's nothing to do with the therapist - I wouldn't want a treatment in my own home for the simple reason I can't switch off due to distractions, and I like a high street salon so I can combine it with a trip to the shops & tea rooms.

Martin, when I am working from home I make sure there are no distractions. I can understand exactly what you are saying thought, it gets you out

This just grates on me the assumption if you don't have a salon then you are not successful :irked:

A high street salon, one that prefably had parking or a spa.

I wouldn't want a mobile therapist unless I knew they had a very good reputation as most of the ones I have met round here have done 1 day courses and due to lack of clientele aren't very experienced in the treatments they are offering (that is just the ones I have heard of & met) I used to be mobile myself so I know that there are good therapists out there :) Also I would feel like I had to blitz the house first to make sure everything tidy, I just couldn't relax at home.

I have been to home salons before and although the salons themselves are lovely I have always struggled to find the damn house, I end up driving up and down the road 3 or 4 times before I actually find it and usually end up with some disaster happening (caused by myself!) Only last week I had a pedicure at a home salon and ended up reversing into a low brick wall at the end of the drive and smashed all my bumper in :grr: and a few years ago I had a facial at a salon based on a farm and reversed into a pile of logs !!!!! Oh and another salon I went to (also on a farm) I was virtually banging on the front door for 10mins as the place was deserted, I was really stressed by the time I got in to have the treatment !!!!

:lol::lol:Sorry you just made it sound so funny.

No-one is saying that a home based therapist is second rate. The poster asked where we prefer to have treatments and why.
I don't like going to a home based therapist because i personally feel uncomfortable. I don't think because someone is based at home that they are no good. I like the whole ambience , going to a salon and getting out and chatting with the different staff and so on... We were asked our preference and that is my personal preference. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong-it's just my choice.

Sorry but this has really got to me, it doesn't matter if you are doing nails or treatments on the moon, as long as they are good then it shouldn't matter. Is a shop front so important? Ermm I think not, the first salon I worked in should have been shut down imo, in fact that salon led me to train in Ezflow and then CND.

Personally I would go by reputation. I am mobile but I wouldn't personally like a home visit as I would constantly be tidying and fussing till they had been and wondering what they thought of my curtains :lol:.

On the other hand I wouldn't want to walk into a salon with loads of staff either stood behind reception giving me evils when I walk in and judging my shoes! :lol:

I wouldn't have a problem with a home salon though as long I have somewhere to park as I could have a good old nosey through their cupboards when they're out of the room (just kidding) LOL

Seriously though, I would go for whoever has the best rep. xx

No-one is saying that a home based therapist is second rate. The poster asked where we prefer to have treatments and why.
I don't like going to a home based therapist because i personally feel uncomfortable. I don't think because someone is based at home that they are no good. I like the whole ambience , going to a salon and getting out and chatting with the different staff and so on... We were asked our preference and that is my personal preference. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong-it's just my choice.

Fine and that is your choice, my point was that that this whole thread made home based people like me feel second rate, and that is my opinion, which I am also entitled to.

I read through the thread again and no-one has said that mobile or home based therapists are second rate and no-one has even implied it!
I don't think they are second rate at all.
It's like having a drink. Now i still want a good glass of Baileys rather than a cheap copy. Some people prefer staying at home to drink,some like to go to a friends house or some like going to the pub.
Me-i'd go to the pub cos i like the atmosphere and want to feel like i've had a good night out.
:)

Latest posts

Back