Where's everyone going away this year? Is abroad better than UK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're off to Amsterdam in July, Chester in August (visiting family and taking nephews with us) and I'd like to sneak in a cheeky holiday too. I'd like to try Cape Verde before it gets too expensive, although prices are already rocketing.

I'd love to go back to Mexico or try Thailand, but money's tight as saving for a house xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone know where I can get a really good map/book for New York? Need to start planning !!

Look online Danielle there will be lots of them probably with reviews as well. Just type in your search engine.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep I've done that & there's a few different books so didn't no which one to get, is there anyone on here who has been to NY & knows their way around? Xx

Yep I've done that & there's a few different books so didn't no which one to get, is there anyone on here who has been to NY & knows their way around? Xx

Hi Danielle I've been to NYC 3 times now... Amazing experience I went in October twice and may once I went in '08 '09 an '11 :) what do you want to know ?? Maps a standard one is fine food is expensive ish as of the x change rate now is not great but it's getting better than before :) shopping is immense we stay at the Roosevelt hotel it features in maid in manhattan the jlo film and others, it's great as it's close to 5th ave n Empire State. get tickets for a show whilst your there nt before then you cut out the middle man .. Be careful in certain areas ie Harlem n Brooklyn if hour going over the Brooklyn bridge there's a shopping outlet called Woodbury that's v gd make sure that when you go into department stores ie macys you get the tax back ( you don't have to pay as your not a resident just have your pport with you ) tribeca, soho n the meat packing is v gd for local bars n getting a "real " feel for the New Yorkers, financial sector your getting near the river so what we did was that then the statue of lib we got a yellow can down to battery park where you get on the boat for the stat liberty.. they have things that were in the twin towers like a steel ball that was crushed by the immense heat it's mangled to pieces... Shows just how bad it was Ellis Island nr statue of lib was gd bit boring but gd to see it's where the immigrants came in to NYC .. In the morning there are loads of cafés that do like fruit pots or yoghurt that's where we gt breakfast n then they do big salads n we grabbed one in the morning as there is soo much to do. Grand Central is a must see that's just past the Roosevelt n is an easy way to get around NYC anything else I can help with just ask you'll love it n get the bug big time I know I have :)
Just a thought when we first went we used the blue n red buses to know where on earth everything was as the buses are ok bit touristy but I guess that's what we are lol these buses drop u off n then u just pick another one when your done in a certain area ... The red one covers half the blue the other half they give you info as your driving around be prepared to see film sets n famous people it's pretty cool they were making a few films whilst we were there just in the middle of NY a whole two blocks were shut down for it :)n the saying the city never sleeps yup so true fire n nypd sirens all the time fun at first quickly becomes annoying x x

Last edited:
Airey fairy... WOW!! I might have to inbox you!!! I've got loads of questions lol or if u add me on fb can message threw there as don't get notifications on here... Danielle Maidment is my fb cx

I'm going to Barcelona for the Primavera festival at the end of May, then Glastonbury in June. I'd like a city break at some point as well. I really fancy Istanbul - has anyone been there?

Istanbul always reminds me of taken lol!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I am off up to the Norfolk broads on the boats in about 3 weeks, have done for the last 9 years and I love it so relaxing. Last year was the first year we had rubbish weather, we have always had lovely weather, I have come back burnt before and warmer weather then we have had at home.

Kirsty

Danielle you will lovely! We had a brilliant book not sure if I still have it but I'll have a look for you! Just save as much as you can because you will spend! I agree with going Woodbury common it's a good trip for some designer bargains, go to Ellen stardust diner it's just an old style diner with basic food but the staff sing and dance around its brilliant! If you can do a helicopter ride it was out of this world! Make sure you go to magnolia bakery if you love cup cakes z(it's also on sex and the city if you watch that!)

Ooo I meant love ny! Silly spellcheck!

Danielle you will lovely! We had a brilliant book not sure if I still have it but I'll have a look for you! Just save as much as you can because you will spend! I agree with going Woodbury common it's a good trip for some designer bargains, go to Ellen stardust diner it's just an old style diner with basic food but the staff sing and dance around its brilliant! If you can do a helicopter ride it was out of this world! Make sure you go to magnolia bakery if you love cup cakes z(it's also on sex and the city if you watch that!)

Fab, yep I'm saving like mad now... I spend like there's no tomoro!! Lol... Whoooo xx

I'm going to Palma nova in July with my boyfriend and his 2 kids!! :) then next year we are going to cancun for 10 days on our own as a party party holiday!!!!!!

Nicola! Xxx

I really fancy Barcelona for a short break - I bet its amazing!

Barcelona is absolutely amazing!

Some brilliant info here thanks ladies very much appreciated xxx

Has anyone been to New York in January?? Xx

I've been to New York in February it was freezing!!!! X

I've been to New York in February it was freezing!!!! X

Do you have any tips for new York in general :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back