Which acrylic brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffle

Reaction score
Rookie mistake I have stuck my brush together and it has died:rolleyes:

I had been thinking about getting a new brush anyway so I thought I would ask what is a nice size 8 brush to use?
I was using the nsi brush

Thanks geeks :)

I love my NSI brush, if you were happy why not get another one

What about soaking your brush in acetone?

What about soaking your brush in acetone?

You should never put your brush in acetone! You can try and save it by leaving it in fresh monomer overnight. Otherwise I recommend Entity ones. Lovely to work with and no need for a brush box/holder thing.x

I use my Ezflow Grand 508 brush and it works like a charm! Love it soo much!

I love my NSI brush, if you were happy why not get another one

My tutor had told me it was a beginners brush and once i had finished level two I should get a better brush

My tutor had told me it was a beginners brush and once i had finished level two I should get a better brush

Are you talking about the NSI Royal Precision brush?
If yes, this brush is by no means a beginner brush, it is one of the best and most popular brushes used by many many professionals.

I have used this brush myself for many years and my current brush I've been using for 2 yrs and it's still like new.
I do have backups incase something drastic happens but I have trialed other brushes and always come back to my NSI Royal Precision.

Also remember that all brushes work differently, so the more you chop and change your brushes, the harder you make things for yourself because every time you change, you must learn how the brush works, how much liquid to powder it holds etc etc.
If you had no problems actually working with the NSI Royal Precision brush (if that's the one you are using) apart from the issue you had that caused it to die, then why change?

You are using a good quality professional brush, stick with it.

NSI do other acrylic brushes yes, but the Royal Precision is the best and most known and popular and specially designed to work with the Attraction acrylic range.

Ezflow 508 is a dream.

However, if you want to revive your old brush, soak it in acrylic liquid for a good 15 minutes or so and see if you can loosen the acrylic product stuck in it with an orange stick.

Nice to have a lovely new brush though. And you do live and learn!

Its the Grand round kolinsky brush I used not the Royal Precision brush :)

I use entity I have been using it a yr now n it's like brand new still.

You can try and save your brush by soaking it in monomer. I used a clothes peg and clipped it to the handle of my brush and then suspended in a dish of monomer with only the brush bristles in the monomer.

You then keep wiping your brush on your mat then soaking, then wiping and hopefully all your dried up product Will be gone.

Last edited:
Ive recently changed from using my much loved NSI royal precision that I had for 5 years! I was curious to try a new type so went for the CND ProSeries #8, its taken a little getting used to but I love it.

I use the NSI Royal Precision. As all the above replies say - you need to get used to any brush - just like driving a different car - but this brush is great and stays in a point x

NSI Royal Precision and Crystal Nails No.8 depending on where I am :p

I'm still mobile for 4 ladies and use the Royal Precision for them... my Crystal Nails brush is beautiful and I use it in my home salon. Both lovely brushes.

xxx

Its the Grand round kolinsky brush I used not the Royal Precision brush :)

Well then:) you just have to try the Royal Precision, it is purposely built for the Attraction range and it's so lovely to work with.

Try the soak in clean monomer trick first with your old brush and remember to never use acetone on your brushes to clean them.
If you can't revive your old brush, I strongly suggest you go the Royal Precision.
I don't know about your authorised NSI distributor but mine always has deals where I can buy a new Royal Precision brush and some Attraction powders for a really good price, usually the powders are virtually free the deal is that good.

We must work with a good brush, just like any other profession works with good quality tools, we are no different but there are many techs who try and use a cheapo brush and wonder why their results are not crash hot, don't make this mistake and you will thank yourself forever:)

Yes :) thats why I want to use a nice quality brush. I could be cheap and get a £2 one from ebay but I am a firm beliver of you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the advice, payday I will be buying the Royal Precision. Will try and save my current brush for a spare :lol:

EzFlow 508 every time. Won't ever use anything else.

Well then:) you just have to try the Royal Precision, it is purposely built for the Attraction range and it's so lovely to work with.

Try the soak in clean monomer trick first with your old brush and remember to never use acetone on your brushes to clean them.
If you can't revive your old brush, I strongly suggest you go the Royal Precision.
I don't know about your authorised NSI distributor but mine always has deals where I can buy a new Royal Precision brush and some Attraction powders for a really good price, usually the powders are virtually free the deal is that good.

We must work with a good brush, just like any other profession works with good quality tools, we are no different but there are many techs who try and use a cheapo brush and wonder why their results are not crash hot, don't make this mistake and you will thank yourself forever:)
I cannot find the Royal Precision brush on the NSI website? Can only see the "GRAND ROUND KOLINSKY" ??

Where do I get the Royal Precision (Apart from Fleabay?)

Thanks Sass xx

I cannot find the Royal Precision brush on the NSI website? Can only see the "GRAND ROUND KOLINSKY" ??

Where do I get the Royal Precision (Apart from Fleabay?)

Thanks Sass xx

Avoid Ebay:)

Which NSI supplier/website are you looking at? Is it NSI UK?

I'm in Australia, so of course I use Australian NSI supplier.

Latest posts

Back