Which Acrylic nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lje

Reaction score
I have just started out as a manicurist and wish to take up acrylic nails.

Can anyone recommend a good course. I hear CND are good although its a bit expensive as I'm only just starting out.

I've seen that essentials do a home course, do you think it would be ok to learn via the essentials course and then use CND products?

Or if anyone else knows of any other courses/products that are good that would be great.

I done a course with Nail Zone - they only do courses in Scotland and not sure where you are based but there are other companies who do a similar course. Search for local training academies.

It was a 2 day intensive course in beginner acrylics. I only do this part time so it was perfect for what i wanted it for.

I looked at essential nails but i thought it was overpriced and thought it was a major downfall you didnt get a tutor and instead a dvd. also the course takes 12 weeks which is ages!! I dont think practising on a plastic hand is any use - u need to train on real nails to see different nails not a perfect perception of a what a nail should be.

I hear that you cannot buy CND products unless you train with them although they are available on Ebay. I wouldnt want to buy many items from there - they dont all come in labelled packaging and therefore you cant tell clients what ingredients are in it.

I still have some of the nail zone products i got in my starter pack but i am not going to buy more from them. Instead I use NSI - this is because i can bulk buy items, there is a great choice of the pink and white and also they have a great colour range :)

hey hun.

well i have done the essentail nails home course in acrylic and the nsi foundation in acrylic and i can definately say the latter was better.

i didnt even finish my essentials course, you dont get enough help with it (you can ring up a tutor but they cant exactly show you what to do), you have nobody telling you if you are doing it wrong or right and so it is very easy to pick up bad habits. it also didnt show you how to do white tips, just pink overlay.

my nsi course was fab! i learnt so so so much. it was definately worth the money. have a look on the internet and see where there are courses near you. a few good course companys are NSI, CND, young nails, have a look on google xxxx

You wont be able to use CND products after doing an Essential Nails Course, as they do not recognise the qualification. You'll end up paying out twice for another course. If you want to use CND products, the best thing you can do is take tne CND course, that way you'll learn to use the products correctly too. You'll get a great kit with all the bits you require and it will be so much cheaper in the long run :green: otherwise you'll be paying for the EN course (dont forget you need to add on the cost of the maintenance course too as you wont be insured without it!) and then the CND course..... pretty pricey!!! :hug:

Good luck xxxx

Harmony adn Young Nails also have amazing education, all around see what everyone offers and find what would work best for you

Hi,

I have literally just completed the CND course last week and it was really worth the money - we didnt cover everything but the tutor is available for any questions I have once I get going, the kit is great but you do need to purchase the metal tools - good luck

H

I personally dont rate Essential Nails, purely because i found it easier to learn with someone there watching me work and pointing out the precise moment i went wrong, or made a mistake.

I wasted a lot of money with them, but for some people it works.

I would definatly rate Young Nails, Loved them since i saw Greg Salo on their youtube Videos and have never looked back

xxx

Latest posts

Back