Which Facial Range?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~ Fickle Feet ~

Reaction score
Hello!

Which facial range to you use and why?

I don't really have many clients who book in for facials so would like to get a great range and really start promoting them.

As i'm about to become home based I am viewing it as kind of a re-launch and want it to be fab!

xx :hug: xx

Hi,

I use Dermalogica products where i work and am going to be using them in my own salon which i am just setting up. They are really good products and have something for all clients as you know they are all different. I also personally think Dermalogica is a really well known name and clients like that. They are always mentioned in magazines and are rated well also. They are reasonably priced aswell for proffesional products which i find is good for selling as lots of products are so expensive for clients to buy but with these, you can get a cleanser for around £20 quid, hardly gona break the bank and they last for ages aswell so you don't have to buy new ones every month or anything like that.

Someone said something about them not been allowed for you if your mobile though, not sure bout that but if your home based i think thats fine.

Hope this helps
Sarah x

I use the skintruth range, I, the same as you dont have many clients and might not have for a while so I didnt want to go mad and spend too much money on something I might not get to use. I quite like the packaging, it all looks good on my shelves and they do have a nice smell to them which my clients like and dont find too over powering.

Skintruth

Thanks for the link

I've seen the skin truth range in the beauty express book - had it delivered today!

Do you find the range has enough products to cover all skin types?

Do you find it meets all your requirements?

Thanks in advance!

xx

Also, do you find facial clients buy the retail range to continue their regime at home in between facials?

xx

It depends with home care, some clients are better than others. Some clients will buy anything you try and sell them and others will come for treatments but never be interested in taking the products home. Personally, no disrecpect about the skintruth i think they are a bit cheap looking, sorry in advance if i offend anyone, i just remember using them when i was at college and colleges are known for not shelling out on expensive product for people just to practice on. It pays to have quality and your clients will appreciate that. Although i am aware you may not want to spend a lot if you are just setting up.. its finding something that is good quality and not going to break the bank! which i am yet to find.

sarah x

Clients do buy them, it is marked on the bottles that they are professional products and even though we are well aware there are better things on the market for some clients it is enough to see them on your shelf and have you sell it for them to think they are getting something special.

I do not have the funds to keep alot of things in stock for clients to buy so I usually have to have they order through me and then I give them their new products on their next visit.

I would have loved to order something of better quality but I honestly didnt know how well facial treatments in my area would pay off. Fortunatly or unfortunatly as it might be facials are just not that popular in my area, because I did not spend a massive amount on my range when started I dont worry too much about not having made all my money back. At first I thought this was because I was stocking a bad product but I have a friend living quite close to me who is stocked up with dermologica and also has very few bookings for facial treatments, unlike her though I am not too bad as I do not owe too much money back to my range.

I have found it quite good for all skin types, I have repeat bookings from the treatments. I have asked and people do seem to like it, even those who have had treatments with better quality products.

I understand that it is not the best and may not have the best looking packaging but if like me you were after a 'starter' product to get you practicing and seeing how much you like facial treatments then it does just fine.

hi there, I"m I'm in this situation myself now, I've used dermalogica and its really nice, however very pricey as a start up, There was a time I used Thalac products (seaweed marines) , I really really liked them , but found that it doesn't really have a specific treatment for Acne skins , and I got lots of those , no idea if they have anything new now.

Good luck

I was in your exact position a couple of years ago. I work for myself from home and do mobile so I couldnt meet the requirements of large companies and couldnt afford their set up costs.

I did loads of research and came upon a fantastic UK company "Susan Molyneux" based in Cheltenham. I love their products, they smell devine as well as having so much to offer - products suitable for all regular and specific requirement skin types, more mature and mens skins too. They carry essential oils and premade facial oils for non qualified aromatherapists.

The training, staff and mail-order service are excellent treating you really well. They provide some free POS, marketing material and samples, which I find really useful.

My clients are happy with the products and I have built up a pretty healthy retail business too.

Take a look at them, they might suit you too.

Karaxxx

Hi Fickle feet, I use products that are not tested on animals, hypo-allergenic, products include nutritional ingredients such as ginkgo biloba, echinacea, oatmeal, honey ... to name but a few, the prices are really reasonable and fantastic for retail. If you want anymore information PM me.

Hello!

Which facial range to you use and why?

I don't really have many clients who book in for facials so would like to get a great range and really start promoting them.

As i'm about to become home based I am viewing it as kind of a re-launch and want it to be fab!

xx :hug: xx

Try Algologie

1. They supply to home salon and mobile salons

2. Low start up costs

3. Free Training

4. Free samples

Algologie is a seaweed and marine based skin care company and has different ranges to suit different skin types. There is also retail but not compulsory to stock your shelves with thousands of pounds worth of stock.

Latest posts

Back