Which gel system to use, as allergic to L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
hi there

Iv not been in the beauty industry for 4 years now as had 2 children, so i feel like a newbie again:rolleyes:

my issue is that im allergic to acrylic, i get hay fever symptoms a day later like sneezing and runny nose etc...

iv tried bio gels and i was fine with these, but im looking for an alternative gel system that i can use to sculpt the free edge etc..

iv seen threads on shellac which im going to try out as love the idea of a long lasting polish but want a gel that i can use to offer for extensions..

are there any new gels on the market since i was last about that you would recommend, with out many nasty chemicals or minimal chemicals of course:wink2: that i could try?

I will also need to do a training course on the system too and would love any links to where i can do this as i do not know where to start..

many thanks
nenee

You and I are in the same boat...

I am also allergic to acrylics and left the industry many years ago. I came back and realized that nothing has changed. I litterally break out if I use acrylics.

The great news in there are still so many things we can do as nail techs (the new no-chip, peducures, manicures, and gels). I am using Bio Sculpture gel system and LOVE it. It has several different types of gels, some of sculpting and some used for overlays. I have had no reaction to it and am excited that gels are now taking off. I have been wearing the overlay myself to be sure that I will not have a reaction and everything has been great!

I am in the US, so I do not have any info on training in the area, but Bio Sculpture has a great website and fantastic customer service. The would be able to help in that area.

Malea

Bio do have a gel you can sculpt with.

For a buff off gel which is hypoallergenic have a look at Brisa Gels from CND. Brisa gels contain none of the known allergens that most gels do contain. Is is free of gluteraldehyde, acrylates and Formaldehyde. It is a 'cool' gel - no heat spike and it is beautiful to work with and to look at. Great for durable strong nail enhancement services. For classes and products 08452106060

Thank you malea423 Iv heard bio gels now do a stronger free edge sculpting gel for clients who need that. Il give them a ring to discuss further

Thanks geeg il give them a call too maybe they can sell a trial kit too me so I can try on one finger.

Many thanks
Nenee

Thank you malea423 Iv heard bio gels now do a stronger free edge sculpting gel for clients who need that. Il give them a ring to discuss further

Thanks geeg il give them a call too maybe they can sell a trial kit too me so I can try on one finger.

Many thanks
Nenee

CND do not sell trial kits of Brisa gels because you need the CND UV Lamp to ensure a full cure of this product.

You can however pop in to your nearest educator and have a sample nail done so you can trial it. Ring 08452106060 and ask for your nearest educator.

CND do not sell trial kits of Brisa gels because you need the CND UV Lamp to ensure a full cure of this product.

You can however pop in to your nearest educator and have a sample nail done so you can trial it. Ring 08452106060 and ask for your nearest educator.

Thanks Geeg il do that and it will be cheaper than buying a kit
Many thanks for your help
Nenee

Latest posts

Back