Which Gelish colours for the older lady?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nats5125

Reaction score
I've just bought loads of gelish colours as I've recently trained and am starting out.
One of my good friends has managed to get me into the place that her grandma lives and they all want gelish, but I'm sure they won't like the colours I have.
What are your most popular colours for the older lady (70's-80's)?
My friend thinks they will like the pinks with no glitter and the taupes?
Going to the beauty show tomorrow so want to get them there if I can.
Thanks!

I would say tutti frutti, rendevous, exhale and glamour queen .

I really need advice on what to charge for gelish?
I live in west Essex and will be mobile but am really unsure what to charge...£20 or £25 inc soak off? What do other mobile nail technicians on here charge?

Don't let age be a barrier to picking colours, as your clients won't !
I have a lot of mature clients and their colour choices range from Samurai and Starburst to Good Gossip with all kinds of Nail Art from Rockstars to colour fades ;)

As for costs, don't make yourself too cheap, check out what is the going rate in your area and work out your costs, I certainly would not go lower that £20 for a Gelish manicure.

Hope this helps.

I work from home and mobile and at the moment charge £20 for gelish colour and £22 French however I do want to add a £5 mobile charge soon as so much extra work mobile! Also I do charge removal at £4 as if using harmony removal it's not cheap and takes at least 20 mins xxx

Speaking as a woman of age (58) you can't lump us all in one group. We vary in personality as younger people. I know very conservative young women and adventuresome older women. Some of the ladies may be fashionistas and other not. Here a pic of my current nails. Wonder what category I fall in?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 270
My older ladies go through Exhale like crazy. I'm going to have to get another bottle next week.

Starburst is my most popular with ladies over 60 I would say, also Tutti Frutti and Samuri.

Glamour Queen, Starburst, Tutti Frutti & Rendezvous in general but one of my older ladies (she's 78) always tells me Gossip Girl is her favourite & at her last appointment she went for Passion so you might be surprised by the colours they choose!

Exhale, simply-mauvelous, samurai, tutti fruitti

as previous posters have said not all older clients want 'granny' colours, but to be honest I find all of mine do.

I've just ordered glamour queen too as I can imagine that'll be a popular one.

I hope this helps

Xx

Ive been doing Bio Sculpture and Shellac on a lady of 95 years and she has just chosen Shellac Midnight Blue : ) Previous favourite was Bio Sculpture Chocolate Fudge

My Nan had High Voltage last week, so I wouldn't worry about what colours you have, I'm sure there will be one they like! x

Thanks ladies x

I do a lot of glamour queen on more mature clients, exhale is also popular. My 86 year old conservative regular who normally only has glamour queen has requested tiger blossom for her next appointment after seeing it on my nails. I have just ordered Tutti frutti and elegant wish too with mature clients in mind.

I think the typical colours are sort of there but you will always get some that defy any typical things.

Just like 1 of my clients who is 72 & had rockstar nails for Christmas !!

My nan turned 90 last month and always has bright colours on her nails, she's currently sporting bright pink and is eyeing up my Tiger Blossom. I'm 44 and I love them all, including Glamour Queen and Exhale :)

Just goes to show you can never judge a book by it's cover :wink2:

My mature ladies like:

• Glamour Queen
  • Tutti Frutti
  • Electric Metal Lover
  • Simply Mauve-lous
But I have one 92 year old who regularly has rockstar nails, usually purple glitter.

Im 54..(not reeeely old!:wink2:) and one of my faves is night reflection with a drop of vegas nights on top!..I love glamour queen for a neutral type colour though...

I've just bought loads of gelish colours as I've recently trained and am starting out.
One of my good friends has managed to get me into the place that her grandma lives and they all want gelish, but I'm sure they won't like the colours I have.
What are your most popular colours for the older lady (70's-80's)?
My friend thinks they will like the pinks with no glitter and the taupes?
Going to the beauty show tomorrow so want to get them there if I can.
Thanks!

I agree with others here that you shouldn't stereotype older ladies. I am 68, and I am sitting here with simply dazzling nails done with 2 or 3 coats of "Am I Making You Gelish" over 2 coats of "Night Shimmer". Just because we get old doesn't mean our brains start liking "conservative" colors. As my grandmother so aptly put it, "I'm a young mind, locked into an old body."

Get the colors that are the favorites of the majority, and you'll be pleasing your older clients, too.

Hi
I do Shellac rather than gelish so I'll talk about colours rather than colour names, but as about 50% of my clientele are retired and older, with lots in their seventies, I thought I'd add my five eggs worth.

Whilst you can't stereotype exactly, in my experience (12 years in nails) it is only the odd time that my older ladies venture into anything different/adventurous and by far the norm for them are beautiful shiny classic plain colours.

Pillar box red, pale pearly pink, mid pearly pink, pearly peach, coral, barely there sheer pink and sometimes pearly lilac.

My ladies way prefer anything pearly to Matt as you can see although there are exceptions.

Hope this helps a bit! X

Latest posts

Back