Which nail book?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa21

Reaction score
Hi
Wondered if anyone could tell me which (if any) of the following books is better/you would recommend buying:
Encyclopedia of Nails (Habia City & Guilds) by Jacqui Jefford and Anne Swain
OR
The Complete Nail Technician (Hairdressing and Beauty Industry Authority) by Marian Newman

I am also going to purchase Nail Structure and Product Chemistry by Douglas Schoon following the excellent feedback from the earlier thread.:)

Thanks

Buy Both :green: You will really value the info in both books and refer to them time and again

I would buy the complete nail technician by Marian Newman, This book is invaluble to me.

Hi, i used both books while doing my city and guilds manicure and pedicure, also reading nail structure and product chemistry. Another book if your doing enhancements is 'Nailclass' by gigi rouse ..xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a copy of the Complete Nail Technician and I have a copy of the Encyclopedia of Nails from the library. I like both but I'm happy with my choice to buy the Complete Tech.

Hi, i used both books while doing my city and guilds manicure and pedicure, also reading nail structure and product chemistry. Another book if your doing enhancements is Nailclass ..xx

Hi
I already have Nailclass - fab book - really helpful and a great reference tool!!
Just wondered if either of the other two books are worth getting and are helpful in relation to a VTCT nail technology course (I already have my VTCT in manicure and pedicure).
xx:)

After finding out (and being incredably dissapointed) from Creative (USA) that I'd have to travel across North America to even attempt to complete a creative masters program.....I need to learn......I'm finding I'm at a point in my career where I am starting to have problems with just about every set of enhancements that return to me.....I'm frustrated and need a good boost of knowledge....

What books can you geeks recomend to me (that are available to purchase in or ship to Canada)

Hi

I would definitely recommend Nailclass - by Gigi Rouse - fab book.

I am currently doing my VTCT in Nail Technology and it is a great reference book and always has something in it to help me!

HTH:)

Hi
Im not sure if it is available over there, but Nailclass by the fabulous Gigi Rouse is the one item I could not live without when doing enhancements.
It covers every aspect of possible problems that can occur. I read through mine when I find I am having problems in certain areas and it helps everytime.
hth's

Hi
Im not sure if it is available over there, but Nailclass by the fabulous Gigi Rouse is the one item I could not live without when doing enhancements.
It covers every aspect of possible problems that can occur. I read through mine when I find I am having problems in certain areas and it helps everytime.
hth's

'nailclass' is shipped all over the world! so it can be available everywhere. It is also available in Spanish from Puig & Banon! [email protected]

Last edited:
Hi
I already have Nailclass - fab book - really helpful and a great reference tool!!
Just wondered if either of the other two books are worth getting and are helpful in relation to a VTCT nail technology course (I already have my VTCT in manicure and pedicure).
xx:)

Go for the Marian Newman book .. Of the two, it is in my opinion the much superior and more relevant book to use.

I brought ..The complete nail technician..book when I first started doing nails...it covers everything!Ive recently purchased ..Nail class,which I like as it explains acrylic application in detail.:)

I think I bought the first one when I did my first VTCT as it was the only book the college knew of...
I don't have it now so must of flogged it on ebay etc.
You HAVE to buy
The complete nail technician - Marian Newman
Nailclass - Gigi Rouse
Nail Structure & product chemistry - Doug Schoon.

Once you've got your teeth into them you can expand to others (nail art...etc) but these are definately where you need to start.

I would road test both books by getting them from a library for a while then you can choose either one or both to buy :)

I bought the complete nail tech book prior to my VTCT course. But on starting my course I was told to purchase the encylopedia, which I did. I used both books but found the complete nail tech much more informative, and used that more, especially to answer my assignments. Also purchased Nailclass which is fab!:)

i recently came across a book, that was pretty much amazin. It covers all asspects to do with nails, artistry,etc has some amazing pictures and have a lot of step by step pricedure for all allplications . gel, fabaric, arcylic, air brushing, science,etc .Very easy to follow and would benifit begginers or advanced. I have found many book will give good descrioption but dont have many pictures to make refrence to, in those early days can be very valuable. Comes as a ring binder type book , so pages never come loose and rip ! clic international creative learing in cosmetology, book simply called "nails".

I think still pictures of a moving technique are completely useless. They actually show you nothing about the techniques involved.

Far better to have clear concise descriptions of what you must do.

When I started out I found pictures helped a great deal in books as you had to guess how high the stress area etc was to be. I think the visual aspects can be helpful, as step by steps visually sometimes makes the instruction easier to understand, maybe its the child in me lol

Latest posts

Back