Which nail courses are good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliewinson

Reaction score
I've decided I want to do a gel course, but there are so many courses and i'm lost at which one to chose. I don't really want to pay more than £200 because I want to be able to afford good quality products but I really don't know what course to chose. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Charlie x

Are you a nail beginner or do you already have experience and want to add gel nails as an extra service ?

I'm qualified in manicure and pedicure but thats all x

hiya i dont think you will find a good gel course for 200pounds you get like sallys salon service training course for about that price i think but iv heard lotss of complaints from people you dont want to waste your money doing a course on the cheap then need to retrain i would try save up some money then go for a really good course xxx

OK thankyou! What courses are good then? Any ideas?x

i always read threads about cnd being great and the aftercare etc but do a quick search for gen nail course and see what other people are saying xx

Young Nails do really good courses, there is a Young Nails Educator near you, Jenny Draper, in Welwyn. Tel: 01438 715505 Young Nails Educator - Nail & Beauty Training
you can always give her a call and discuss it with her?

What ever you decide to do i just want to wish you good luck for the future.:biggrin:
Jo.Xxx

Thankyou for all your help! It's hard to find a decent course near me so thankyou for that number, i'll give her a ring!
Thanks alot x

Just looked up the young nails course and its over £600! There's no way I can afford this!

You will find that all the good quality courses cost around the same amount of money, you don't only get a qualification, you get products to start up, insurance and your tutor is always there should you have a problem etc. The cheap courses however do not offer half of this and you would more than likely have to take another course and spend more money in the end as the cheaper courses do not cover all the basics.

I know that when you first look at the prices of these courses it is a little daunting but if it is something that you really want then you'll make it happen.
Just remember that we are all here on salon geek etc to give you guidance and help you in any way we can, that is what this site is all about.

Jo.Xx:hug:

Gel nail courses are often more expensive because of the cost of the kit.

A good gel curing lamp can often cost in the region of £100 alone. So when you add that to the cost of a kit and tuition( which really needs to be at least 4 days if you are going to be anywhere near competent ) it is easy to see where the cost comes from.

It would probably be better to wait and save for a decent course than go for a cheap course with an inferior product just to save money.

What about doing a course for gel polish like gelish. You only need a manicure certificate to go on the course and it costs less than a full gel nail extension beginners course. Because it's such a popular treatment and relatively easy to master you will earn money with it right away. Then you could use the profit to go on a full gel course. There are gelish educators all over, there's bound to be one reasonably nearby.

Thanks for all your help. I would save up more but i'm so eager about doing a course, I can't wait to start! I've changed my mind and decided to do an acrylics course first and master that before I learn gels.
I'm going on a course on Kent school of beauty for £300, I've looked into it looks really good! Plus if i'm having trouble with anything they've said I can just ring and ask.
Thanks again x

starting out as a nail tech but have no idea what course to put myself on to! :o

just an idea but how about the shellac course -its 260 with the kit £100 lamp everything - and they are so popular!X

CND Creative Nail Design or Nail Harmony :D xx

great thanks for your help! i am also just looking to learn the basic manicure and pedicure can i do this at the same time?

just an idea but how about the shellac course -its 260 with the kit £100 lamp everything - and they are so popular!X

Hi, Sorry to butt in but Is the shellac course just a one day shellac attack class or is it longer and what do you get in the kit?. I phoned S2 and they weren't at all helpful and said I need to buy everything seperately: a salon rack, seperate disposables such as d-sperse, cuticle away, scrubfresh and then I have to buy seperate lamp! They didn't tell me anything about a kit or a course!!
Thanks for your help xx

Anyone? X

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back