Which new Shellac colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxcetera

Reaction score
I've finally got a bit of money to buy a few more shellacs. I'm desperate for top coat and I've GOT to have hotski to tchotchke, but can't decide on one other :( I've got rock royalty, do I need purple purple is it that different? But what about zillionaire, can I get a few more by layering this one?

btw, its only for me now, as I'm not longer in a position to do nails for others. so I don't need every colour, just going for the unusual and best layering options.

Any advice/recommendations?

Hiya
I would say that zillionaire shows up best on dark colours. It doesn't really change a colour just adds sparkle.

I love the reds....especially red baroness, I also love the subtleness of strawberry smoothie. Why not get some glitters for rockstar as that would give you new looks.

Saying that, if it's just for you then why don't you just look at all the colours and decide which you like best. There are some colours i've bought and I wouldn't want to wear them at all yet my clients love them!

I'd say Moonlight & Roses.

I've fallen in love with it and it looks great over pretty much anything!

I'm currently wearing Asphalt and Moonlight & Roses...beautiful!

I'm not a huge fan of Zillionaire (each to their own I guess) as I struggle to get a nice even spread of glitter across the nail.

Kxx

I've got most of the original colours, just unsure on the new ones.

Don't really fancy the asphalt on its own but what about layering options. Is moonlight and roses good for layering too?

I do rockstar on mine, nearly all the time lol, only because I'm down to one gloopy bit of top coat and its got glitter in ;)

Lol, I have a top coat for rockstar too because it got glitter in! Moonlight and roses is gorgeous with so many colours as kelibabe says - great for layering!

Don't really fancy the asphalt on its own but what about layering options. Is moonlight and roses good for layering too?

I do rockstar on mine, nearly all the time lol, only because I'm down to one gloopy bit of top coat and its got glitter in ;)

Like Kelibabe88 says, M/R looks great over anything. Definitely recommend that. And it's IS fab over Asphalt...my new fave combo. There is a pic of it in my Shellac album.

I'm also not a fan of Zillionaire...I much prefer Mother of Pearl. :)

Like Kelibabe88 says, M/R looks great over anything. Definitely recommend that. And it's IS fab over Asphalt...my new fave combo. There is a pic of it in my Shellac album.

I'm also not a fan of Zillionaire...I much prefer Mother of Pearl. :)

I was just about to post and say go for Moonlight and Roses and was going to tell you to have a sneaky look at deanonanas album.

It looks great over EVERYTHING!!

I had Hollywood on last week and put it over that and it gave me a cool metalic pink colour... really fab!! :biggrin:

I had Hollywood on last week and put it over that and it gave me a cool metalic pink colour... really fab!! :biggrin:

That's another combination I'm going to have to try. I'm hoping to do my nails this evening....decisions decisions :green:

That's another combination I'm going to have to try. I'm hoping to do my nails this evening....decisions decisions :green:

I wore Hollywood for a week and then popped the Moonlight and Roses over it the following week so I had the best of both worlds.

I have French on today... awwwhh I just love Shellac :biggrin::cool:

Shellac is fabulous, I want to change mine every day at the mo!!! I would say M/R too but don't underestimate Ashphalt, it is just gorgeous on xx

I was just about to post and say go for Moonlight and Roses and was going to tell you to have a sneaky look at deanonanas album. :biggrin:

We ARE morphing into one geek. Deanosangels or An*Gelnana? :wink2:

I wore Hollywood for a week and then popped the Moonlight and Roses over it the following week so I had the best of both worlds.:biggrin::cool:

What a FABBY idea! :)

Asphalt is gorgeous on its own! It has been very popular so far and also looks great with Zillionaire over the top.

Natalyia did a carving demo on me at the Manchester beauty show. She used rock royalty and layered moonlight and roses over it then carved swirls in it - it looks gorgeous. I keep staring at it lol. Didn't realise how fab M&R was before that. Wish I could make her Leeds course in November.

Loved seeing the SS team in action including my fabulous trainer Clare Wilson. They work their socks off on our behalf!

what about purple purple, anyone got that and rock royalty. Is there much difference? Purples one of my fav colours but then so is turquoise. It's come down to purple purple or asphalt now.

Having the topcoat I need, hotschi, moonlight and roses, and either purple purple or asphalt, can't stretch to both :(

The rock royalty is a very dark purple whereas purple purple is just that! Think royal velvet!!! Lush with zillionaire over the top!!!

what about purple purple, anyone got that and rock royalty. Is there much difference? Purples one of my fav colours but then so is turquoise. It's come down to purple purple or asphalt now.

Having the topcoat I need, hotschi, moonlight and roses, and either purple purple or asphalt, can't stretch to both :(

Purple Purple is GORGEOUS! It is totally different from Rock Royalty. RR is a creme where PP has a beautiful shimmer to it. My last client that had PP said it seemed to change colors depending on what she was wearing. She told me she got a lot of compliments on it. HTH! :)

oooh sounds lovely, thanks. Purple purple it is then :D

Latest posts

Back