Which pre and after wax products to use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allieXayrshire

Reaction score
hi

i done my waxing training with kim lawless and it was brilliant so im now trying to order all my stuff. I am going to get 2 of the hive 1000cc heater and use perron rigot wax.

i was wondering if any of you use any other brands of pre and after wax lotions/oils that were good , there is so many i dont know what to go for? i also wondered if there was an alternative tvo perron rigots 'solvent' for cleaning equipment etc.

also when it comes to spatulas, strips etc are there good and ones i should avoid?

thanks

everyone is differnt with what they prefer... i swear by sterex Aloe Vera gel for post waxing sensative areas.... where as the pre-wax i use is the Phd one and i use the after wax Phd for legs ..... try some differnt products and see how you go.... I also love the aloe vera as you can retail it in small tubes and its great for anything even insect bites xx

hi

i done my waxing training with kim lawless and it was brilliant so im now trying to order all my stuff. I am going to get 2 of the hive 1000cc heater and use perron rigot wax.

i was wondering if any of you use any other brands of pre and after wax lotions/oils that were good , there is so many i dont know what to go for? i also wondered if there was an alternative tvo perron rigots 'solvent' for cleaning equipment etc.

also when it comes to spatulas, strips etc are there good and ones i should avoid?

thanks

I use Perron Rigot cleanser and moisturising milk and their gel. I also use their solvent-it really is fab and gets wax off everything.
I use any old spatulas to be fair-whatever is the cheapest as it doesn't really matter which ones you use, they all do the same job.
I buy my wax strips from Capital and it's their own paper ones which i find very good. If i'm shopping in Ellisons then i buy Wax Master bonded wax strips. Both are good and do the job well.

I use Hive Sticks & Strips. One of the best prices for Spatulas is actually the Berins UK site (Disposable Spatulas [SPATULAS] - £1.00 : Berins Wax (UK)) and Hive currently have Flexible strips on 3 for 2 if you buy direct from them. :)

Pre-wax i use PR Jasmine Oil or the green one for very dry skin.

After wax is PR Moisturising Milk and PFB Vanish.

Mat

If you buy in bulk then butterfly salon supplies are probably your cheapest best. If you use gloves too then 'just gloves' are the cheapest i've ever found.
Mat just reminded me that i use PR jasmine oil and the green vegetal oil too-how did i forget that!

I have been looking at products in the Metique range and they seem pretty good. It is a tea tree oil based range. They do the wax as well.

I am not a waxer but I tried it on myself (as you do) and found that the pre-wax, wax and after wax were very good and did not irritate. It didn't hurt that much either, which I was suprised about.

I use the Berins Jasmine oil for pre-waxing and post waxing. On the face, underarms and bikini line though I use the Jasmine oil pre-wax and I use the clear it or the soothing mask aftewards.

Latest posts

Back