which top coat do you use and why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o.p.i top coat is great for toes
wont budge in and out of shoes

I use Pro Finish UV top coat as well as
Out the door
Orly's Top to Bottom.....
and for my acrylics I use IBD UV gel coat.....

thanks guys looks like I'm going for air shield coz i can get it tomorrow before I do a new client and super shiny as soon as I can get down to Mk once again thanks for your help:hug:

for me it has to be Creative's Super Shiny....fab stuff!!

I too am a fan of Super Shiney

I use a few (got to be different huh? lol) :rolleyes:

SuperShiney (CND) for a high gloss, shiny finish... Out The Door (INM), Air Dry and Speedey (both CND) for a quick finish and ALWAYS finishing off with Solar Speed Spray... :D

I use a few (got to be different huh? lol) :rolleyes:

SuperShiney (CND) for a high gloss, shiny finish... Out The Door (INM), Air Dry and Speedey (both CND) for a quick finish and ALWAYS finishing off with Solar Speed Spray... :D

Me too, and I have to say that any new clients I have tend not to have had this before and think it is devine :lick:

I use orly in a snap but I don't have to buff it off.

Is there a top coat that does all the above mentioned things? would love to find one that looks wet, is super shiney, dries polish fast and lasts (is that too much to ask lol)

Over un-polished acrylic's I use EzFlow's UV30 and Never Yellow Sealer together or IBD's Intense Seal with a UV light. If the client wears polish I use Out the Door (seems to yellow over a french, though) or Creative's UV Dry.

I just picked up a bottle of Total Eclipse by INM to see if doesn't yellow.

If I was geeky enough to set this up as a poll I would but I'm not so.........
I use L&p creative or NSI and so far have always used looks wet by creative as my top coat, how ever I bought a bottle at the last show and clients complaned of yellowing:eek: yes I've contacted head office and yes they are doing something about it but it got me wondering.....
I use looks wet because I like a high gloss finish to nails, its very fast drying and amazingly tough so what does everyone else use and why?

I'm a Super Shiny girl! It rocks and is the best top coat ever - IMHO of course!:lol:

Using Pro Tec and Top Secret an air dry top coat, both very shiney :lol:

Still fairly new to thsi game but I have found Beauty Secrets Hardener high gloss top coat from Sallys really good.

Seche Vite every time, it puts a seal on the whole nail and lasts brilliantly, if I use rhinestones with it they don't come off until the next appointment... 2/3 weeks.
The shine on it is great! if you do try it get some seche thinner as the polish does get a bit thick after a while.

Lisa xx

this happened to the seche vite i got to try...and after a short time too...so i stick with Super Shiney now...never had to use a thinner for it. x

Super Shiney for me Too, it does everything and I mean everything, I want: Goes on like butter; dries quickly; has a high gloss shine; does not go thick; does not yellow; has a great Brush; does not chip ever; Is highly protective; and comes in a beautiful round professional size bottle. Is there anything else you want a top coat to do for you? :lol:

Can't understand why peeps use so many different things in the salon. If one thing works why spend extra money on 3 or 4 different things?? Enlighten me please.

Super Shiney for me Too, it does everything and I mean everything, I want: Goes on like butter; dries quickly; has a high gloss shine; does not go thick; does not yellow; has a great Brush; does not chip ever; Is highly protective; and comes in a beautiful round professional size bottle. Is there anything else you want a top coat to do for you? :lol:

Can't understand why peeps use so many different things in the salon. If one thing works why spend extra money on 3 or 4 different things?? Enlighten me please.

I will say that the reason I use a couple different ones is this......while my ProFinish top coat works very well for my acrylic enhancements they dry quickly and I don't really need a base coat ( although I do apply one)......my natural nail clients need a base coat and a top coat ......some just want a clear and thats it....that's where my Orly TopTo Bottom comes in....it's a combo because you can't just put on Creatives stickey and then go.......that's my reasoning anyway and it works for me.....

Albert Bridge Top Coat by Nails Inc is fab for both natural nails and enhancements. Doesn't create a bulky build up even after several applications. Brings out your p&W's too.

I will say that the reason I use a couple different ones is this......while my ProFinish top coat works very well for my acrylic enhancements they dry quickly and I don't really need a base coat ( although I do apply one)......my natural nail clients need a base coat and a top coat ......some just want a clear and thats it....that's where my Orly TopTo Bottom comes in....it's a combo because you can't just put on Creatives stickey and then go.......that's my reasoning anyway and it works for me.....

Well I always apply Stickey as a base coat to both enhancements and natural nails .. and go and have no problem with that at all.

In my experience a top coat and base coat combo does neither job well. A base coat should be sticky and grip the nail and the polish and a top coat needs to be hard and shiny and protective ... one thing cannot do both jobs well.

as bizzare as this may sound, the base coat/top coat I prefer is one made by Avon. It goes on nice and smooth, dries quick with a nice shine.

as bizarre as this may sound, the base coat/top coat I prefer is one made by Avon. It goes on nice and smooth, dries quick with a nice shine.

To me it is bizarre, yes.

I'm a professional and I only use professional products, not products my clients can get anywhere.

I wouldn't expect my hair dresser to use shampoo from the supermarket either and would not go there if she did. If you're professional, stay professional is my motto.

I use Super Shiney or somethimes Air Dry, then a blast with the fantastic gorgeous smelling Solarspeed spray. I am going to try Out the Door when I can get hold of some.

Out the Door is brilliant, I have beenusing it over creative polishes and dark colours at that did them last thursday night went camping friday saturday and sunday, it was still going strong, unchipped and undamaged when I removed it 7 full days later, I have just re done mine with a different dark polish so I will see how this week goes, but very very impressed with its staying power and lovely smooth shiney surface.

Joan

Latest posts

Back